Hacking Wii Menu 4.2 Released

damysteryman

I am too busy IRL these days...
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I've already changed the README just before uploading, saying not to install SysMenu 4.2, but then again, it only has a couple new features, like Korean support, even on non-Korean wiis, and a possible RawkSD compatibility fix.

OK!

I've decided to wait! I'll mess around with System Menu 4.2 and IOS70 before releasing the next cIOSCORP.

EDIT:
Also, does anybody know if there are any IOS in my cIOSCORP v3.x that are NOT USED BY ANY DISC GAMES? Are IOSes 31, or 34 used by discs?

Pippin666

SSF43DE Master
Trophies
Website
www.tetesrasees.com
XP
Country
Canada
Someone please be kind and take 5 sec of your time to pm me with link to ios56 and 57 !!
smile.gif

TIA

Pip'

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pm_41 said:
cIOSCORP bricks Wiis... Why scrapple your IOSes just for Disc Channel loading?

NeoGamma FTW

Well, I don't personally use it because I find usb much more convenient, but I can see how it would be desirable for the disc loading crowd. It's basically the same type of reason us in "usb loader world" get all excited when we hear game banner sounds in USB Loaders (like WiiFlow and Configurable USB Loader)

nguyeal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
bolex17 said:
Can you people stop with the "OMG xxx people are viewing this thread"?

---

Havn't recieved any updates on my Wii so far,, I love using preloader and auotbooting into WiiFlow
smileipb2.png
So System Menu is no big deal for me... yet.

Did u just read my mind? This is exactly what I did to my Wii.... game on, and btw, that WiiFlow, is freaking amazing

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pippin666 said:
Pippin666 said:
Someone please be kind and take 5 sec of your time to pm me with link to ios56 and 57 !!
smile.gif

TIA

Pip'
NUSDownloader doesn't work under Ubuntu/Wine, pretty please,...

Pip'
Just run DOP-IOS v8 on your Wii. It'll download and install, as well as leave the folders/files on your SD card should you ever want an "offline" install.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
da letter a, what happens is people who were foolish enough to update will have a heck of a time getting around the fact that the hackmii installer won't work with cIOSCORP installed, and with *most* of the trucha'd IOS files being updated they will find it very hard to get around that.

I personally don't think it will be very hard (I always use cIOSCORP) but many people who use it happen to be missing a few marbles
wtf.gif

pm_41: cIOSCORP never bricked a Wii. Idiots not knowing what they're doing brick their Wii's (thankfully most of those are just semi-bricks). Usually because someone like you says it's bad and the poor bastards run back to thier Wii and uninstall it
For the same reasons, those people can easily brick (or semi-brick) thier Wii just as easily with any other hack you think is safe, as they can with cIOSCORP. It's just personal preference. Get over it.

justmike

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I'm downloading the new shop channel using the Wii Shop and IOS61 installer method. Was the shop channel the only thing that changed?

MKM001

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi All.

I know im new here so please every1 go gentle with me lol.......

I installed the v.17 of the wii shop channel

then i installed IOS56, IOS57, & IOS70 using DOP Ios v8 and everything works great!

the next step i have planned is to HEX edit the system menu 4.2 and install it through WAD manager!
i have a couple of questions if anyone could help it would be great!

If i HEX edit the system menu 4.2 do i still need the preloader 4.2 hack enabled?

im using system menu 4.1E at the moment and i have downloaded the files from NUS downloader to hex
edit the system menu but i dont have a 000000008.a file..... does any1 know if there is a diffent file used
for the "E" version of 4.2?

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MKM001 said:
Hi All.

I know im new here so please every1 go gentle with me lol.......

I installed the v.17 of the wii shop channel

then i installed IOS56, IOS57, & IOS70 using DOP Ios v8 and everything works great!

the next step i have planned is to HEX edit the system menu 4.2 and install it through WAD manager!
i have a couple of questions if anyone could help it would be great!

If i HEX edit the system menu 4.2 do i still need the preloader 4.2 hack enabled?

im using system menu 4.1E at the moment and i have downloaded the files from NUS downloader to hex
edit the system menu but i dont have a 000000008.a file..... does any1 know if there is a diffent file used
for the "E" version of 4.2?

STOP. DO NOTHING. And wait for an official release.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Xiphiidae said:
It doesn't matter if cIOSCorp can brick a wii or not, it's just that it's completely useless as well as rendering the HackMii installer useless.

Not 100% useless but I will concede that most people would be better off without it and it certainly does complicate the process of getting hackmii installer to run. (but if I'm not mistaken DoP-IOS is the shiznit and makes it easy to revert whatever IOS hackmii needs to do its thing)

slingshot27

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
djbubba2002 said:
MY wiikey is still working , with the games ..

did anyone take the homebrew channel and chagne the I.D then update .. to see if that works .. i dotn haev a clue .. but my wiikey is still working , with the new game out ...

Which version of the wiikey do you have, version 1?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill