Hacking Wii Menu 4.2 Released

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zektor said:
xzxero said:
peace out marcan, nice to hear from you.

Agreed. This was actually the first time speaking to him, and it was actually a very useful and insightful conversation. He certainly knows his stuff, and gave me some pretty good knowledge on certain things. I have seen flaming going on regarding him in the past and just didn't understand why. I still don't. Seems like a nice guy to me.
It was nice talking to him civilly as well. Usually we just see him yelling at us from far away. XD

Monster Hunter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lmao...all he did was help implementing HBC. He's not a "GURU" or higher then anyone he's a human being that made something, and if you knew the same things as him youd probably do the same thing. lol..fukin guru..people need to get a damn life. Im out.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OncleJulien said:
Monster Hunter said:
Did you not see that i was agreeing?

agreeing...

youre doing it wrong.

obligatory
you-doing-it-wrong-mr-president.jpg

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Monster Hunter said:
Lmao...all he did was help implementing HBC. He's not a "GURU" or higher then anyone he's a human being that made something, and if you knew the same things as him youd probably do the same thing. lol..fukin guru..people need to get a damn life. Im out.
Who claimed gurus were anything more than human? They just know things about things. Stuff about stuff.

...Savvy?

Ssseth

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Monster Hunter said:
It's called respect and gratitude for someone doing something for you (without expecting anything in return). Sheesh, I learned that over 20 years ago in grade school.

Not only that, you were WRONG.
wacko.gif

Dteyn

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Monster Hunter said:
marcan_troll said:
zektor said:
I read that in Bushing's blog. I am still pretty stunned that Nintendo had the balls to include a boot2 update without any ECC checks. I wonder who approved that!
Oh, it does have ECC checks, it's just that at least once or twice we've seen ImportBoot fail to write the ECC data. Not sure why. I can't remember if that's an instant brick or just a greatly increased chance of an instant brick - it depends on whether boot1 errors out on a bad ECC or not, and how the sector tables wind up. There are a lot of peculiar edge cases during boot2 update.

@Monster: I'm not sure you understand what HBC is. The Homebrew Channel. It's copyrighted by us (that is, Team Twiizers), and you're infringing our copyright if you distribute it, modified or not. You're actually free to modify your own copy, as long as you don't distribute the result.

Lmao...I know what HBC is. Do you even know who made the HBC? IF your distributing HBC without there permission thats on you. If you read there license and you continue to distribute then thats all on you. Im talking about in general that modifying the Wii is not illegal, and you come out and say HBC is illegal when the HBC developers allow themselves to distribute it to the public. They are under the GPL license (General Public License). So if you want to get technical, theres your answer.

epic fail is epic

wacko.gif

damysteryman

I am too busy IRL these days...
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
techboy said:
IOS250 can't be updated because it has a maxed out version number. They need to increase its version beyond the maximum which they can't do in order to remove it...
That's why I maxed out the version number in cIOSCORP v3.x. I was going to release cIOSCORP v3.5 today too as it's my birthday (it's Sep 30 right now here where i live), but I'm not sure now. Should I release it today, or wait a few days?

Team Twiizers said not to go and patch System Menu 4.2 and whatnot, but I'm going to anyway. dipswitch seems to have already released preloader hacks to stop the deletion for HBC and DVDX, so I'm going to try and manually update (meaning wad manager and sysmenu wad) and incorporate these patches, not to mention porting my hacks.ini. I'm already downloading System Menu 4.2E and IOS70 as I type.

System Menu 4.2, here I come! *draws sword and charges*

s3phir0th115

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
da_letter_a said:
techboy said:
IOS250 can't be updated because it has a maxed out version number. They need to increase its version beyond the maximum which they can't do in order to remove it...
That's why I maxed out the version number in cIOSCORP v3.x. I was going to release cIOSCORP v3.5 today too, but I'm not sure now. Should I release it today, or wait a few days?

Team Twiizers said not to go and patch System Menu 4.2 and whatnot, but I'm going to anyway. dipswitch seems to have already released preloader hacks to stop the deletion for HBC and DVDX, so I'm going to try and manually update (meaning wad manager and sysmenu wad) and incorporate these patches, not to mention porting my hacks.ini. I'm already downloading System Menu 4.2E and IOS70 as I type.

System Menu 4.2, here I come! *draws sword and charges*

I'd say as long as you have IOS70 included, go ahead.

damysteryman

I am too busy IRL these days...
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Erm... I'm only downloading IOS70 right now, and I've already packaged cIOSCORP v3.5, and it's already being uploaded as I type (for when I release it), so, currently at this point in time, it doesn't have IOS70 (yet). So you think it would be a good idea to wait?

Have any cIOSCORP v3.x users (accidentaly) updated yet? If you did, I would like to know what happened.

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
da_letter_a said:
I was going to release cIOSCORP v3.5 today too as it's my birthday (it's Sep 30 right now here where i live), but I'm not sure now. Should I release it today, or wait a few days?

Well, hey, Happy Birthday! I think you should stop putzing on the Wii and get out there and party
smile.gif

Seriously, I respect your dedication.

BedtimeGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
here is my opinion: marcan is right in SOME ways, as in, the hex edit shouldnt have been posted without a MASSIVE ALL CAPITALS WARNING! but, it wasn't wrong of them to post it, it can be very fun/rewarding to attempt hacking your wii by yourself (marcan seems to think its only allowed if the hack was made by him). this is similar to posting a system menu theme, this is ABSOLUTELY fine in every way, as long as there is a warning, i bricked my wii 11 times in one day when using themes, but thanks to preloader/bootmii (as the guide warned me to have) i was fine. as well marcan's shooting down of waninkoko's software was at least one half unwarranted, the software does exactly what it should, and is extremely usefull, however a warning would certainly help (if someone uninstalls something without knowing what they are doing, their fault...). and FINALLY, while i suppose its fine for you to want to protect your team's software (the HBC) you really ought to lighten up, the software you produce is certainly HATED by nintendo, because they dont endorse it, but it is still useful; so when people make (useful) changes to the HBC it should be fine for them to post it as long as there is a proper purpose and the necessary warnings (but it IS still your right to disallow it at the end of the day). THAT WAS LONG BUT IMPORTANT! DONT FLAME ME (or rather, do it but with a good basis)

s3phir0th115

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
da_letter_a said:
Erm... I'm only downloading IOS70 right now, and I've already packaged cIOSCORP v3.5, and it's already being uploaded as I type (for when I release it), so, currently at this point in time, it doesn't have IOS70 (yet). So you think it would be a good idea to wait?

Have any cIOSCORP v3.x users (accidentaly) updated yet? If you did, I would like to know what happened.

Ahh. Well, happy birthday then!

Anyway, IMO, I think you may want to wait frustrating as it may be. My reasoning here is just that System Menu 4.2 came out, and it wouldn't make sense to me to have a cioscorp released after that that didn't include a patched IOS70.

But that's my two cents. If you said it wasn't made for 4.2 yet, that'd be good too. Use your best judgment here.

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
s3phir0th115 said:
da_letter_a said:

Ahh. Well, happy birthday then!

Anyway, IMO, I think you may want to wait frustrating as it may be. My reasoning here is just that System Menu 4.2 came out, and it wouldn't make sense to me to have a cioscorp released after that that didn't include a patched IOS70.

But that's my two cents. If you said it wasn't made for 4.2 yet, that'd be good too. Use your best judgment here.

Well, not only that, but v4.2 system menu is DRIVEN by IOS70. It would not function without it
smile.gif

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
baffle-boy said:
here is my opinion: marcan is right in SOME ways, as in, the hex edit shouldnt have been posted without a MASSIVE ALL CAPITALS WARNING! but, it wasn't wrong of them to post it, it can be very fun/rewarding to attempt hacking your wii by yourself (marcan seems to think its only allowed if the hack was made by him). this is similar to posting a system menu theme, this is ABSOLUTELY fine in every way, as long as there is a warning, i bricked my wii 11 times in one day when using themes, but thanks to preloader/bootmii (as the guide warned me to have) i was fine. as well marcan's shooting down of waninkoko's software was at least one half unwarranted, the software does exactly what it should, and is extremely usefull, however a warning would certainly help (if someone uninstalls something without knowing what they are doing, their fault...). and FINALLY, while i suppose its fine for you to want to protect your team's software (the HBC) you really ought to lighten up, the software you produce is certainly HATED by nintendo, because they dont endorse it, but it is still useful; so when people make (useful) changes to the HBC it should be fine for them to post it as long as there is a proper purpose and the necessary warnings (but it IS still your right to disallow it at the end of the day). THAT WAS LONG BUT IMPORTANT! DONT FLAME ME (or rather, do it but with a good basis)

I'm sure there's a point in there somewhere, but I'm a little ripped and this looks like one whole, very long sentence to me
blink.gif

Not a flame, but just speaking the truth
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I think a raspberry pi zero could power a SNES cart emulator thing hmmm