Hacking Wii knocked over during update

mariobros1

OP
Trophies
Website
mariouniverse.co.cc
XP
Country
I recently got another wii this one was knocked over during a system update but now It only has a black screen.
I have heard of ways to use an auto-boot disc but am not quite sure how to do that.
Please reply ~MarioBros1

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
for an autoboot disk to work u need a chip, or at least ios249 and system recovery mode (or something like that). There is a user called KittyKat (or something) that is an expert on boot disks, but i can assure u, that it will not fix u.

if u have a nand backup and/or your keys, i think DeadlyFoez will be able to help u recover from this (read his threads before bugging him or u WILL be flamed... you've been warned
wink.gif
). But u would need to use an infectus mod chip.

But yea, it sounds like this brick or semi-brick was not caused by any kind of soft-mod, u may have a case to get ninty to reimburse u (if u have warranty, it may still work if u don't, but i doubt it)

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
people like to talk about how stupid nintendo is and how buggy the IOS and update stuff is, but there is actually a good bit of testing and logic in place. for 1, nothing gets "halfway installed". the update process starts by installing all the IOSes. if it starts installing a IOS and then gets interrupted, that halfway installed stuff is just deleted and the existing version is still intact.

if you were doing the official update and it only part way completed, i say you have 2 likely possibilities for a brick.

1- you got the infamous 4.2 brick. just call nintendo and you will get a new wii with a 12 month warranty as soon as you mention this. there is no way you can fix it your self without a infectious and some know-how.

2- the update starts by installing all the IOSes. this includes the stub IOSes. so it replaced your system menu IOS with a stub. but it was stopped before it could install the new system menu. autoboot discs will not help at all here. since the very first IOS that starts on your wii is a stub. there is no way to boot a game. bootmii should be gone from boot2 if the update process made it to install the boot2 wad. call nintendo up and just say failed update. they cannot start the wii any more than you can without a IOS. same as above- new wii, 12 month warranty, only fixable with infectious and the proper knowledge.

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just try to turn the wii on with a wiimote. if it works, then i stand by my first post. if you cant turn it on with a wiimote, open it up and try to adjust the bluetooth doodad.

mariobros1

OP
Trophies
Website
mariouniverse.co.cc
XP
Country
Tried several BT modules no luck
frown.gif

Got this wii of ebay and they said *it was knocked over during an firmware update*
It does not have bootmii,

Posts merged

Also are there any ways to fix a 4.2 brick other than the infectus tutorial?.

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
they lied to you. it was some dumb 13 year old kid that did something stupid. "knocked over during an update" sounds like something you say to the pimply idiot working at walmart when you take back something you broke by being an idiot.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
mariobros1 said:
Got this wii of ebay and they said *it was knocked over during an firmware update
and u still bought it? man, u gotta have some more sense than that! I bet there are at least 20 bricked wii's being advertised online right now as being fully functional, and the seller is just hoping to make the sale before the buyer catches on (I know cuz the thought crossed my mind with my one and only brick... but i couldn't do that to some1, its just wrong! Anyways, now that wii is making good use to us all in DeadlyFoez possession)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Jayro, No, works fine.