Gaming Wii keeps getting error

JJBro1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
out of no where my wii decided to stop reading my disc in mid game to give me an error that says "An error has occurred Press the eject button, remove the game disc, and turn the power off, please read manual for instructions. So ya whats the cause of this i can't even get into a game now. Could installing homebrew and vc games be a problem?

phaerun

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
you mean if you turn off the wii and leave it for a min and then power it back on, and insert a disk it keeps giving you the same error ? even on originals ?

JJBro1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
phaerun said:
you mean if you turn off the wii and leave it for a min and then power it back on, and insert a disk it keeps giving you the same error ? even on originals ?
ya but the wii's not modded

phaerun

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
you have a problem with the drive then, if it is doing it for any disk you put in. esp since it is not modded. that error means that the wii cannot read the disk you put in, it has nothing to do with homebrew stuff.

since its not modded you might need to send it back to nintendo unless you can play with the lenses on your own and try to adjust them a bit to see if this will fix it.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I actually hade a same problem (Modded wii I got), I did the NES method.
I blow in the tray hard as hell, like 6 times.

Put down the we so it wasnt standing(place down on its side) and put the Wii sports disc in (its scracty as hell) and poof it booted that one.

Then I took my Raving Rabbids 2, worked fine.
Then every game worked fine.

Try that, easy thing to try before calling Nintendo.

phyl0x

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
be careful when blowing, you have alot of moisture in your breath, a non-human air source is better to try, but i cant say if compressed air is recommended either.

pewpz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If it's all of your games and they're all clean and free of scratches, then it's your Wii. Call up their support and have it RMA'd, hopefully, you're still under warranty.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :tpi::rofl2: +1