caitsith2

Trophies
a secret location 93 million miles from the sun
Website
www.caitsith2.com
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah, in the case of that full brick, you will lose your saves, and your mod chip, if you don't remove the modchip before hand.

The main benefit of having nintendo handle your system though, is if you bought any VC/WiiWare/DLC They will transfer it to the refurb system. (You will have to redownload it, but it will be for free.). In other words, repair with nintendo, and it costs you, you would only be out $85 or whatever they charge.

Buy a new system, and you would be out quite a bit more than that, if you bought lots of VC/WiiWare/DLC.

pven

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hmz, SaveMiiFree is not starting up. I tried at least fifty times with up, down, left and right pressed on the same moment but nothing happens.
sad.gif

Bloodlust

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Scarfish said:
I have a wireless Gamecube controller and can do the savemiifrii trick. With mine I didn't had to disassemble is since I could press all four directions. It took me a couple tries (syncing it etc) but since your waiting for the other controller play a bit with it.

Interesting, is it the wavebird that's able to press all 4 directions?

pven

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have an answer from Nntendo, unfortunately they say nothing in it. I can send the Wii to them, when they have it they'll let me now what it costs. They ignore my question about the modchip.

pven

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
According to the repair-guy they are going to replace bluetooth, if that does not fix the problem it is game over ...
unsure.gif

pven

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
It is really broken ...
wtf.gif

The modchip will be removed and I will phone Nintendo en tell them it is broken and I want to send it back. One little problem is that I bought it in march 2007, so there is no guarantee anymore.

Servdogg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you really out that much if you bought a bunch of DLC and lost it, but could just pirate it all back easily?

pven

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Why pirate if I bought it?

I understood from Nintendo it will cost at most 92 euro. I will send it next week, with some luck I have another one back within a week

hondaman900

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a related question. After much work (days) I finally got Backup Loader working on my Wii. Runs my backed-up games well. I rented Ice Age 3 today, so an original disk, and got the system upgrade message on loading the disk. Smash Brothers doesn't give me this msg (original disk, not copy). Ice Age won't load without doing the update.

So my related question is will the update screw up all my work and my running Backup Loader? I do have BootMii, but really don't want to have to go back to square one or brick my Wii if I can avoid it. So I'm wondering if going through the update will overwrite the IOS's that support Backup Loader and take it out?

Thanks in advance for the feedback.

pven

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yes, it will screw your Wii. I guess it will not be bricked, but homebrew will be gone.

Don't take the risk and look for a copy without the update.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto