Hacking Wii Homebrew Saves Lives!!!!

Kratozero

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hello Everyone, jhust here to tell how HOmebrew Saved the life of a woman in a hospital
I am a Biomedical Engineer ad i work taking care of instruments inside a hospital during surgeries and such.
Yesterday, a doctor was aperating a woman who had a heart attack, so time was very important; he needed to measure the blood flow(for some reason, i am not a Doctor to know exactly why), but the instrument that measures blood flow had the angle system damaged, so it couldn't be used, so i had a member of the staff use my Wii monitoring the angle with the Level tool Homebrew Software and with the wii remote attached to the instrument, we managed to get the right angle to measure blood flux and thus, continue with the Surgery.
Wii Hoimebrew saves lives, just as Creativity. Thanks to the creator of Level Tool.
And by the way, today is my Birthday!!!!!

--JoCa--

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Happy birthday!

And nice shot at saving lives!!

"Now, attatch the wiimote there and... Woops... Doctor, Wii have a problem..."

LOL

Kratozero

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
i corrected some errors on my topic but i dont know how to erase this one, please post on the other or tell me how do i erase a topic

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
You posted the thread again, cause you corrected something?
There's something like an EDIT button on the bottom right of the post...
Anyway, only mods can delete / lock topics

wiiNinja

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
so i had a member of the staff use my Wii monitoring the angle with the Level tool Homebrew Software and with the wii remote attached to the instrument, we managed to get the right angle to measure blood flux and thus, continue with the Surgery.
Wii Hoimebrew saves lives, just as Creativity. Thanks to the creator of Level Tool.

There are Wiis in the hospital operating rooms now?

computerboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
wiiNinja said:
QUOTE said:
so i had a member of the staff use my Wii monitoring the angle with the Level tool Homebrew Software and with the wii remote attached to the instrument, we managed to get the right angle to measure blood flux and thus, continue with the Surgery.

Yes, I remember a thread where there was a custom Wii made by Nintendo for hospitals. It could read games from an internal HD

Jdbye

Always Remember 30/07/08
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Doubt anyone would have the imagination to come up with this unless it was true, so I'm going to assume it is.
That's pretty awesome
smile.gif

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
more probably, someone get high and came up with a crazy scenario he absolutely need to share with all the gbatemp community

I doubt there are many Wii console or televisions in surgery rooms but who knows
laugh.gif

WiiBlaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
computerboy said:
wiiNinja said:
QUOTE said:

Yes, I remember a thread where there was a custom Wii made by Nintendo for hospitals. It could read games from an internal HD

hea they look pretty neat be nice if someone could get a nand dump of one of these wii.lol

Keeley

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Damn that cool my question is why didin't they do that on the Oringnal wii ( the Huge HDD part ) cuz by the looks of that there were 5 games the the least about 20GB lol and our wiis are 512MB lol unless there are scrubbed games lol

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
computerboy said:
wiiNinja said:
QUOTE said:

I don't think you can actually put Homebrew on those Wiis.

I guess he was talking about his personal Wii (he took it to the hospital? lolwut)
tongue.gif

Kratozero

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I didn't imagine you would ask about the wii on the Surgery Room, the place where our department is(IB Workshop) is pretty close to the surgery room, so the Remote does not lose connection with the console, that is how a person monitored the angleon the software while we moved the remote and talked through a cell phone, we needed to act fast, so it was the best thing i made up; i took the wii there because we kinda like playing old school SNES games on SNES9X as well as some other games

ddp127

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
jacklaidlaw said:
You can also use the semi brick fix disc to bring people out of coma's

but what if a person is banner bricked and doesn't has starfall or preloader installed
tongue.gif

ontopic: nice story, sounds hard to do, attaching a wii-mote to a hospital instrument...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: F