Hacking Wii Homebrew Launcher with BANNER

Paperboy666

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is this true ?

Version 0.4 Channel Installer by Nunim (NOTE: WAD files can be very dangerous. If there is anything wrong with the file, or if anything goes wrong with the installation, your Wii will be irreversibly bricked. DO NOT attempt to use this unless you fully understand the risks involved. Again, if anything goes wrong with the process, YOUR WII WILL NEVER WORK AGAIN. Only use this file if you are okay with this.)

what's the difference between a channel or zelda?

lmaster123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll admit I'm a newbie at this however think I did everything right in an attempt to install this. I put it on the root of the SD card and renamed it to boot.elf. I've also got a folder called /private/wii/title/RZDE with the data.bin TP file. I've followed all the instructions and loaded the save file, talked to the guy and see the TP exploit running, screen goes black and see it loading some stuff. However the screen will then display a bunch of numbers that just scroll over and over on the screen? I've tried Jay's WAD Installer with Banner with same results. If I instead use the normal WAD Installer 2, I can get it to work and load the WAD/VC Games just fine.

What Am I doing wrong? Everyone seems to be able to get it to load without a problem however Both Jay's Homebrew Launcher w/Banner and WAD Installer w/Banner do the same thing in that it seems to work at first then a non stop series of numbers on the screen where the normal WAD Installer v2 works just fine. Pulling my hair attempting to figure out what I'm doing wrong and would appreciate any help on getting this installed!

Thanks,

lmaster123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lmaster123 said:
I'll admit I'm a newbie at this however think I did everything right in an attempt to install this. I put it on the root of the SD card and renamed it to boot.elf. I've also got a folder called /private/wii/title/RZDE with the data.bin TP file. I've followed all the instructions and loaded the save file, talked to the guy and see the TP exploit running, screen goes black and see it loading some stuff. However the screen will then display a bunch of numbers that just scroll over and over on the screen? I've tried Jay's WAD Installer with Banner with same results. If I instead use the normal WAD Installer 2, I can get it to work and load the WAD/VC Games just fine.

What Am I doing wrong? Everyone seems to be able to get it to load without a problem however Both Jay's Homebrew Launcher w/Banner and WAD Installer w/Banner do the same thing in that it seems to work at first then a non stop series of numbers on the screen where the normal WAD Installer v2 works just fine. Pulling my hair attempting to figure out what I'm doing wrong and would appreciate any help on getting this installed!

Thanks,

Sorry for being such a new, but figured it out. Didn't realize that I should treat Jay's Homebrew and WAD Loader with Banner like a WAD/VC game in that I place these in the WAD folder and have the normal WAD Installer v2 on the root of the SD card called boot.elf and use it to install first. Guess we all gotta start as newbie something..

Pikachu025

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I'm requesting a bannered version of the original homebrew channel that boots whatever it finds in boot.elf on the inserted SD card. Reason for this is space on the Wii; The Homebrew Channel (black banner & limit removed) is 2 blocks, this thing is 18 blocks.

jayparadox

OP
Trophies
Website
pokemon-project.com
XP
Country
Spain
There is no point making a banner for the origianl Homebrew Loader, because Twiizers are going to release the good in a bit. Just be patient
wink.gif

Prime

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
naraku000 said:
I installed it just fine but...the wiimote doesn't work. is it suppose to not work ?

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=110135 it says 0.4 included the wiimote support. this version is derive of 0.4 ? the wiimote bluetooth lights all blinks couple of times then dies.

help pls.

Have you held 1 + 2 in for a short while? it will link when the wiimote rumbles a bit.

or just use a gamecube controller.

SkH

Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
Opium said:
I think they are already working on some sort of automatic banner replacement unless I'm mistaken. Just a matter of time.

*edit* as to how to run homebrew with this:

After the channel is installed using the WAD installer

1. create a folder called 'HOMEBREW' in the root of your SD card.
2. Inside that folder create a separate folder for each homebrew game/app you want (no more than 8 characters)
3. Place the .elf file for the homebrew inside it's corresponding folder and rename it boot.elf
4. Run the homebrew launcher channel. Press 1+2 to sync the wiimote after waiting a few seconds. Boot homebrew.
Thank You. I was wondering how the hell this thing works... thx!

casket of doom

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
im sure this is prob common knowledge by now but im kinna new to this whole scene. can any one tell my just what this does... i installed it on my wii and it works (all infrench and stuff) but theres nothing on in the blocks. i load all my roms and stuff through the front sd slot. i tried dols and elfs both on the root of my sd card and in subfolders (maybe i didnt name them right...). so any help would be awsome.

alos any word on smsplus, gnuboygx, or wii64 channels?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu