Hacking wii gpu dying , whats the solution

wiimii

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
hi all , i have a d2b wii with cut legs which i bought from a well known games shop preowned in uk a month ago , i installed a wiikey in it and have been playing fine for couple of weeks now with no errors or graphical distortation.

The last few days ive noticed in games and sometimes even the wii menu , random pixel flashing ( seems to be black pixels flashing on a white background or if a dark background the pixels flashing would be white)

its starting to really p**s me off now when playing games , so i know its fried and pointless keeping it as itl probobly get worse and worse.

I cant send my wii in how it is to ninty as even if i de soldered my chip, they would still recognize the d2b chip that i had ground down prior to installing it .

so my question is :would my best solution be to buy a d2b drive off ebay switch drives , send to ninty , then when i receive my d2c wii , switch with my modded drive (d2b cut legs) wiikey.

one other thing , seen as my drive is d2b cut legs im thinking off the dates round about it changed to cut legs that i should be still under warranty ? am i ?

please help ,i hate the b***ard who left wiiconnect24 on :@

beauchampy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
you could just buy a wii from your local big chain retail store, swap the drives and take the faulty one back and ask for a refund.

in the end the faulty wii just ends up back at nintendo... just as it would with your long winded way. i guess it depends on your conscience!

pnut

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DId you have COnnect24 always on standby? If so, I heard that that is one of the main reasons for the GPu frying

amptor

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
you could just buy a wii from your local big chain retail store, swap the drives and take the faulty one back and ask for a refund.

in the end the faulty wii just ends up back at nintendo... just as it would with your long winded way. i guess it depends on your conscience!

The conscience thing is debatable too.. is it right or is it wrong? I mean.. I guess it all comes down to how much money you have. I mean, if you're wealthy then why bother..it's easier to just buy another one. On the other hand if you are trying to save money then it makes a little more sense but there's still a moral dilemma depending on how you're raised (people do much worse things than this). But the thing is, look how much you are spending and how much money everyone is taking out of your pocket in the process. I still buy things to this day that didn't cost anywhere near the amount that is coming from me to manufacture it. Sometimes I think the consumer deserves a break.

1337Nemo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
DId you have COnnect24 always on standby? If so, I heard that that is one of the main reasons for the GPu frying

Not true. My Wii is running from day 1 (launch day europe) till now with connect24 always on
wink.gif
(modded with wiikey)

Rykin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I know the day my GPU started having issues. I was playing a full day of Raving Rabbids and sometime in the evening there was a sudden, odd burst of lag for about 15 seconds.. and then the artifacts appeared. I sent it into Nintendo, got a new system, and I've not had any issues since. (My original console was a launch day system Nov06 and I had it replaced in Jan07)

quadomatic

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I know the day my GPU started having issues. I was playing a full day of Raving Rabbids and sometime in the evening there was a sudden, odd burst of lag for about 15 seconds.. and then the artifacts appeared. I sent it into Nintendo, got a new system, and I've not had any issues since. (My original console was a launch day system Nov06 and I had it replaced in Jan07)

I'm in the same boat as you, and they replaced mine too, but I haven't looked at the chip yet. Is your Wii DMS, D2A or D2B? Are your legs cut or not?

cubin'

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
DId you have COnnect24 always on standby? If so, I heard that that is one of the main reasons for the GPu frying

A standard feature of the console shouldn't fry it
frown.gif

My GPU is slowly getting worse and worse. I never used Connect24
frown.gif

My console isn't modded but I'm out of warranty. I spose I'll send it in to get repaired when there's a few good games to play.

quadomatic

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DId you have COnnect24 always on standby?  If so, I heard that that is one of the main reasons for the GPu frying

A standard feature of the console shouldn't fry it
frown.gif

My GPU is slowly getting worse and worse. I never used Connect24
frown.gif

My console isn't modded but I'm out of warranty. I spose I'll send it in to get repaired when there's a few good games to play.

Who knows, Nintendo could waive the repair fee. This could be like how Sony waived PS2 repair fees if you had DRE. If your console isn't modded, go for it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, made a new one