Wii GameCube Backup Launcher 0.1 Theta

Liink

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
--=ZerO=-- said:
AaronUzumaki said:
dang, even with my unexplainable superior zelda collector backup, still got song of time glitch...

The Collector's Editions need an Audiofix...
smile.gif
Are you saying that if i patch my Zelda iso i made with the audiofix, ill be able to get past the song of time glitch?

Levente

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hungary
Why are some games for example Wind Waker or Zelda Collector's NOT working if I choose option B-use patched MIOS to start? These games works when I simple push A-autodetect, but an error occured If I load with B.

houseonfire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried to use the MutliGame ISO program.
It wont work for me..

I loaded Tales of symphonia, disc 1 and 2, and Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles into a single DVD.
When the disc Loads, I don't get an option to choose which game to play. It only starts loading Tales of symphonia Disc 1.
Am I doing something wrong?

(I'm NTSC, I hit Y when the Wiigator menu pops up. I also tried hitting Start, and it still started up disc 1)
I have tried from both the Disc channel, and the Gamecube booter .dol file from the HBC

EDIT: Problem solved. You can choose from the Backup Launcher menu.

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Because it seems different ways of booting cause the gamesaves to be identified differently (duplicate savegames), which way is the best (compatible with real gc games and future editions of backup loader
smile.gif
)

At least i have experienced this with F-zero X, booting from backup loader vs system menu.

I'm guessing system menu would be better.

EDIT: Also should not that FSTFIX solved my non-boot issue with F-Zero
smile.gif
it fixed and padded the game to 1.35gb.

Rod_Hull

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
cr08 said:
Rod_Hull said:
Once you try and display the map (pressing up on the D-pad), green speckles appear on-screen, and the framerate drops to ~1fps whilst the map overlay appears - very slowly. You can't then even navigate round the map, so you have to press B to dismiss it and get back to the game - it goes away VERY slowly, at ~1fps or so. Once back in the game, the framerate returns to normal, but all the graphics are then corrupted: EVERYTHING is out of focus - not just objects in the distance as usually happens (since the game uses depth of field blur), and light sources that aren't even visible on-screen (like round a corner for example) start to cast halos over the screen even when you haven''t actually got near them...you can't get the game to return to normal until you reboot the Wii

I actually have run into the same issue on a single game disc burn of windwaker and only the Forbidden Fortress area seems to be affected. Once that part of the game is complete and you end up on Windfall Island, everything is back to normal. Map works and graphics are fine.

Btw, this is with a US Wii, v8 MIOS patched, same thing through both the gcloader and the gamma loader directly and rebooted, 480i and 480p.

Nice to know!. I'll play through that dungeon later on and report back to see if the PAL version is OK from that point on, too. Very odd bug, that it affects that game at that point in particular only - can anyone comment on why this might be?

Sstew

GBAtemp's Grim Reaper.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sanderino said:
I don't get it.. Where do you use it for?
Is it for playing GameCube games with only the save or something?

... The Gamecube backup Launcher?
Its for playing Backup Gamecube games.. Kinda says it in the title.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Sanderino said:
I don't get it.. Where do you use it for?
Is it for playing GameCube games with only the save or something?

Hehe - noobs.
Great work once again Wiigator - Thanks for this.

kosheh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
RockmanForte said:
Levente said:
RockmanForte said:
Should I use GameCube Memory Card:

59 blocks, 251 blocks, or 1019 blocks ? Thanks.

The bigger the better.

Why the bigger the better ? I only like a few games, that's it.
If you plan on playing a lot of RPGs or sports games, get a 1019. These genres generally have gigantic save files that take up like 25 blocks.
Everything else is good with 251 blocks, as their saves are generally small (4-11 blocks)

The 59-block card is good if you want to blow your money to have a card that'll save only one game - Animal Crossing. :/

Also just figured I'd throw in a little troubleshooting - Dream Mix TV World Fighters doesn't work. After the Autosave/Save/Nosave screen in either the intro movie or the title screen the game just locks up.

I'm kinda wondering if it's a bad burn so I'm just making another copy.
It's a huge bummer because I wanted to kick Solid Snake's ass with Optimus Prime. ):

mtalica

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is my first post, so please be kind. I have been following this forum since day 1 and have found it so informative. Thank you all for your input and thank you Wiigator for all your hard work. Now, on to my question. I was wondering if there is a way to impliment a streaming audio fix straight to disk when burning GC games, or whether I can install something on my Wii that would allow me to do this? Only info I've been able to find is built in SAF on modchips, and quite frankly thats not the way I want to go.

Thanks

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kosheh said:
RockmanForte said:
Levente said:
RockmanForte said:
Should I use GameCube Memory Card:

59 blocks, 251 blocks, or 1019 blocks ? Thanks.

The bigger the better.

Why the bigger the better ? I only like a few games, that's it.
If you plan on playing a lot of RPGs or sports games, get a 1019. These genres generally have gigantic save files that take up like 25 blocks.
Everything else is good with 251 blocks, as their saves are generally small (4-11 blocks)

The 59-block card is good if you want to blow your money to have a card that'll save only one game - Animal Crossing. :/

Also just figured I'd throw in a little troubleshooting - Dream Mix TV World Fighters doesn't work. After the Autosave/Save/Nosave screen in either the intro movie or the title screen the game just locks up.

I'm kinda wondering if it's a bad burn so I'm just making another copy.
It's a huge bummer because I wanted to kick Solid Snake's ass with Optimus Prime. ):

Thanks. I will get the 251 blocks. Cheers!
smile.gif

EDIT: What about Megaman X Command Mission ? Is the 251 blocks okay for this game ?

Daviex

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Scuse me i'm have a problem, on game Multi 5, the game go with English, and not can to select me, can anyone help me to set language predefinite to Italian? thanks to all
biggrin.gif

kosheh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
RockmanForte said:
Thanks. I will get the 251 blocks. Cheers!
smile.gif

EDIT: What about Megaman X Command Mission ? Is the 251 blocks okay for this game ?Cheers!
You should be OK with that game; it's only 10 blocks. You could save 25 MMXCM saves!

You'll probably have tons of other games to save on there so it shouldn't be a problem.
QUOTE(Daviex @ Feb 9 2009, 11:28 AM) Scuse me i'm have a problem, on game Multi 5, the game go with English, and not can to select me, can anyone help me to set language predefinite to Italian? thanks to all
biggrin.gif
I have...no idea regarding PAL consoles. Try going into the Wii System Menu and setting the language to Italian.
If that doesn't work, then you'll probably have to wait until WiiGator updates the app to support BootLang or whatever it is, as it probably currently loads the default.

I thought GC games had ingame menus for that, though.

squaremast

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got a proble with two games 1: Sonic adventure 2 and 2: 007 nightfire
In sonic a black screen apear but the sound is still working and in nightfire a screen saing an error has ocurred please turn bla bla bla somebody know what to do? in the compativiliti list the both games work

Cyman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still didn't install the GC Backup Launcher because there is so much confusion about MIOS patching and multigame disc loading etc.
I think it's about time for another summary, it would be nice if someone could clear up the following questions:

Which MIOS/patching method is better - WiiGator's or Waninkoko's?

What are the advantages/drawbacks of each method?

Do you have to choose from one of them or can you use both methods?

What is the best tool to create Multi game discs and which formats are supported (e.g. gcm, iso)?

Maybe anyone can think of other questions that need to be answered/summarized, for me, those are the most important I can think of now.
Or maybe someone can make a sticky with a step-by-step tutorial so that the confusion ends.
I still wonder what is with the announced loader from Waninkoko...

vinncennzo

Trophies
XP
Country
Daviex said:
Scuse me i'm have a problem, on game Multi 5, the game go with English, and not can to select me, can anyone help me to set language predefinite to Italian? thanks to all
biggrin.gif

I'm French and i had the same problem with the language to different games (Paper Mario, Skies of Arcadia Legends, ...). I solved it to installing starfall (choose gamecube free region) and the CIOSPACK. Now, language of this games is french and not english.
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, The Russians are after you lol.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Send me your ip I'll remotely fix it
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 my head needs fixing if I believe you
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it's kinda fun watching it happen tho
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It needs fixing for other things but your pc I can fix
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    over 300+ virus/trojians/worms after scanning, what did I do to deserve this attention lol
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    tho I find it funny when i receive other people's pc/laptops in this state
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i wont be upgrading unless I cant run the games i want anymore
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spill water on it good excuse
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 that's like a valid option if someone else is paying for ya
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Daddy's wallet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ngl hogwarts legacy has good pooping music
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    That's uh-
    That's certainly a Dairy Queen sign lmao
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You should see his help wanted signs
    Ugh, so many sweat-dipwads in Sploon 3 Anarchy mode tonight
    I didn't know this was "Make Octo never finish Fresh Season 2024 Catalog in Splatoon 3" month, good god
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of "confirming" games you know will get released. Like Nintendo "confirming" a Zelda sequel. "We can't be sure Nintendo is working on a new Zelda game, or if a new Zelda game will ever be released, until they officially confirm it."
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "There is literally no way to know if they will ever release a new Zelda game, it's wild speculation until they officially confirm it."
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Black ops was the lesser shitter line in cock a poopoo tbf just a way to let people know it hasn't died or going a different route I guess
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $70 DLC per 6 months is what it turned into
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/R28ZSY2Sc2A?si=H5Lb6PNkzMhAHO_P