Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mrkinator said:
Cxprt said:
Sstew said:
Mrkinator said:
Isn't there a tool to make ISOs the right size?

I'll go find it, I can't remember what it's called...

Edit: fstfix ---> http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=631

On a Mac. .exe's aren't going to do much for me.
Could try running it in wine... it might work... could screw things up too. xD
On a Yahoo Answers page I found this

"You could try bochs
http://bochs.sourceforge.net/
or vmware
http://www.vmware.com/products/server/index.html
or WINE
http://wiki.winehq.org/MacOSX

Whether these would work, I don't know
tongue.gif
vmware would be most stable option as your running windows literally from with in mac.. You just need a copy of windows to install under it and enough space to mess with ISOs... maybe 10-20gb.

fst312

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fst312 said:
Cxprt said:
JoeyGennaro said:
Cxprt said:
Anyone know about the... "Failed to read DVD 345" error? Am I getting it because something is not setup right or is it because I'm using +R dvds when I see people here using -R dvds?

Yes!! It will absolutely NOT load DVD+R - you can use DVD+R, just change the booktype to DVD-R -
you can do this in Imgburn IF your burner supports bitsetting...if it does, click the book on the bottom right hand corner of the Imgburn screen, select your DVDBurner type...then change the current setting. ENJOY.
Not sure if it supports it or not... Suppose I'll find out... If not ill go pickup some -R's tomorrow.
Edit: I set it to DVD-ROM is that correct?

i'm still getting that error 345 and i'm using a dvd-r. its a samsung.sometimes i see the gamecube symbol in the wii menu but it just rests my wii when i choose it.then i go to the launcher i get the error.

the only possible reason i can think of is the dvd i'm using has cheap media or its just a bad burn.

maybe its something else right now i can't figure it out.

EDIT

i'm trying see if dragonball z budokai 2 works i posted that before anyone tried it yet themselves

smurphyzeke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Majora's Mask Crashed on me right when I got to play the ocarina. Said something like "An error occurred, check Gamecube for information".

Anyone get past that part in the game without it crashing?

I'll try tomorrow as I need to study right now.

EDIT: Also, for the N64 rom question, on one multigame disc I have, Mario Kart 64 loads up fine. Though I haven't actually played, just got to the menu, it also replaces the Master Quest rom.

WiiBlaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
smurphyzeke said:
Majora's Mask Crashed on me right when I got to play the ocarina . Said something like "An error occurred, check Gamecube for information".

On Majora's mask
I know something funny i remember it doing the same exact thing, on Sd-Boot through the Zelda Emu Disc in the same exact place, When you get the Ocarina Back and have to play a Song, Can't remember the name of the song, It would say Error Occurred after playing the Song, and just Crash

Anyways

Metroid prime 1 and 2 NSTC is playing Great with MIOS8

LaoED

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Crap, ran out of DVD - Rs....

I was going to test a copy of Zoids: Battle Legends as well..

Unless someone has a copy as well?

Cxprt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fst312 said:
fst312 said:
Cxprt said:
JoeyGennaro said:
Cxprt said:
Anyone know about the... "Failed to read DVD 345" error? Am I getting it because something is not setup right or is it because I'm using +R dvds when I see people here using -R dvds?

Yes!! It will absolutely NOT load DVD+R - you can use DVD+R, just change the booktype to DVD-R -
you can do this in Imgburn IF your burner supports bitsetting...if it does, click the book on the bottom right hand corner of the Imgburn screen, select your DVDBurner type...then change the current setting. ENJOY.
Not sure if it supports it or not... Suppose I'll find out... If not ill go pickup some -R's tomorrow.

i'm still getting that error 345 and i'm using a dvd-r. its a samsung.sometimes i see the gamecube symbol in the wii menu but it just rests my wii when i choose it.then i go to the launcher i get the error.

the only possible reason i can think of is the dvd i'm using has cheap media or its just a bad burn.

EDIT

i'm trying see if dragonball z budokai 2 works i posted that before anyone tried it yet themselves

Yeah I'm posting about it on support thread. I used a -R as well as +R set to DVD-ROM booktype and same stuff still. I even tried waninkoko's cMIOS to no avail.

Serberus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
smurphyzeke said:
Majora's Mask Crashed on me right when I got to play the ocarina. Said something like "An error occurred, check Gamecube for information".

I haven't heard anyone getting this working. Sounds like it has something to do with the fact that there's two different games on there.

Leads into another question...anyone tried GCOS? Seems like this would probably run into the same issue...

I'd try one myself except for the whole being at work thing.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a problem with the loader. When I go to play Luigi's Mansion, the game doesn't recognize my save file. I can clearly go to the system menu and see the save but when I pop in Luigi's Mansion from the loader, the three files are empty
frown.gif
Any clues on what may be going on? I know it's not my Memory card because I was able to save and load with that card using my backup of "WWE Day of Reckoning 2". On another note it's soooo sad that "WWE Day of Reckoning 2" A years old GameCube game looks WAY better than "WWE SmackDown Vs. RAW 2009". Shame on you THQ! Shame!
frown.gif

smurphyzeke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiBlaster said:
smurphyzeke said:
Majora's Mask Crashed on me right when I got to play the ocarina . Said something like "An error occurred, check Gamecube for information".

On Majora's mask
I know something funny i remember it doing the same exact thing, on Sd-Boot through the Zelda Emu Disc in the same exact place, When you get the Ocarina Back and have to play a Song, Can't remember the name of the song, It would say Error Occurred after playing the Song, and just Crash

Anyways

The song is "The Song of Time"

I would try a bunch of other games, but I already own most the good GC games.

I'll try a multigame disc of the Mario Partys (4-6) and Thousand Year Door

KennyLeam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Count me in the mix for memory card woes - i Have an official Nintendo GC Memory card. I am unable to save/load from Mega Man X Collection (haven't tried others yet)

Anxiously awaiting news from the hard working devs :-)

TyRaNtM

I did some projects..
Trophies
Website
www.power-ups.net
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
KennyLeam said:
Count me in the mix for memory card woes - i Have an official Nintendo GC Memory card. I am unable to save/load from Mega Man X Collection (haven't tried others yet)

Anxiously awaiting news from the hard working devs :-)

Also in that game, have some loading glitches and problems to load any game from the Collection.

gumbo

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
smurphyzeke said:
WiiBlaster said:
smurphyzeke said:

On Majora's mask

Anyways

The song is "The Song of Time"

I would try a bunch of other games, but I already own most the good GC games.

I'll try a multigame disc of the Mario Partys (4-6) and Thousand Year Door

yes i just got to the ocarina part and it crashed on me, damn, i guess its trying to read something new from the dvd and crashes, or it could be something to do with it running on the wii, as it was ment for gc (as in something to do with wii-gamecube-mode doesnt like this disc) (i wonder if a legit disc works normally on a wii)

fst312

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fst312 said:
fst312 said:
Cxprt said:
JoeyGennaro said:
Cxprt said:

EDIT
hopefully ther will be a good update that will fix this problem.

EDIT

dragonball z game i downloaded was just an error game.i just burned smash bros melee and it worked i thought i was using the loader wrong.also it worked with on softmii.

Diffusion

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
gumbo said:
yes i just got to the ocarina part and it crashed on me, damn, i guess its trying to read something new from the dvd and crashes, or it could be something to do with it running on the wii, as it was ment for gc (as in something to do with wii-gamecube-mode doesnt like this disc) (i wonder if a legit disc works normally on a wii)
Nah, the legit disc works on Wii. But I heard Majora's emulation was buggy even with a legit disc on gamecube.

DPyro

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Diffusion said:
gumbo said:
Nah, the legit disc works on Wii. But I heard Majora's emulation was buggy even with a legit disc on gamecube.
Yep

NeoNight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure what caused it but the laucher seemed to crash when I tried to load spider man 2 NTSC. Every other game I tried either worked or gave a DRE. Great release overall! (I used wanikokos custom mios, I'am going to try and uninstall it and use wiigators to see if there is a difference)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Too bad Hitler didn't make camps for immigrants oh wait
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Isn't the latest method for slim like self right?
    Like a 1 wire mod?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Still two wire with resistor if you don't count the 7 wire pc probes cause hardware likes a good probing
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    2 wires left on motherboard, 7 temp soldered to a flasher, then removed after flashed
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Technically don't even have to remove it could just keep it on
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't really mess with hard mods due to neuro issues
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    I tried to get a slim on a black friday once, but they ran out of stock for the $100 one
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    many ages ago
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You can find them $50-75 nowdays if catch a deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Still remember grabbing this ps4 slim on black Friday for $200 when the msrp was still around 300
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I went to auction at a mom/pops video game store few months ago that was closing, and bought 11 slims for $200, 1 was DOA but 10 work fine. so hella deal. Already rgh3'ed 8 of them. But most younger kids don't even want anymore, unless it plays stupid "fortnight", or newer shit.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Think I'm gonna use my giftcard balance on a nice pair of headphones but $100 is still limited
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Soundcore q30s are nice but they leak so much sound it sounds like speakers
    Ken spend the 100 on a gun and skii mask, wait for a jogger at the park jewelry money and headphones!
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If only Amazon sold guns
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking dick heads think it's a bad idea to get a gun 2 days later
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wait, I thought you were the dickhe...nvm
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got balls on my chin and two dicks on my forehead sir
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sorry, no offense there double dickhead chinballs.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Chicks still love it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Mommy, look, what is that?". "That's your soon to be daddy."
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That you'll only see once
    +2
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: That you'll only see once +2