Hacking Wii Game Manager

schooluser

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wonderful work! I tried to read through the whole thread to see all the suggestions and implementations you've made, but i am running out of time for today so I want to post this while it's on my mind:

I would also like the settings being saved to .ini so there is no need for registry entries, that would make it so I could keep it on my portable drive and bring it with me wherever I went if there was a way to automatically pull in the drive letter that the program is running from.

Also, about the compressed iso format, ciso uses a command line interface, but there is also a release of rar that uses command line interface, and rar32.exe can unzip, unrar, etc, so if you're going to add support for either or both, you could make it so it supports it, but only if the user copies their own copy of the necessary files into the directory, so you're not responsible for supplying them to the end user, thus circumventing any licensing issues. like mebbe a link to the download spot in the faq or something. I would love that because then I could just point it at my directory, it reads it and finds all the rar'd files or ciso's, gives me a list of what I have, and then i can just tell it to put it on my drive!

Also, I am really glad you are there allowing me to use fat32 drives, I hate elitist mentality that says just because wbfs exists you have to format your drive in it and make it unusable by anything except a specific tool. This way I can keep all my stuff on one drive, carry it to any computer, and use it how I see fit, for storing movies, wii games, tools, etc. and it becomes something I can carry with me anywhere.

Big kudos to you for doing this for the community, I'm glad there is an alternative to that other program that forces an install of a net framework even if you already have it and then only lets you use wbfs.

pccfatman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
schooluser said:
Wonderful work! I tried to read through the whole thread to see all the suggestions and implementations you've made, but i am running out of time for today so I want to post this while it's on my mind:

I would also like the settings being saved to .ini so there is no need for registry entries, that would make it so I could keep it on my portable drive and bring it with me wherever I went if there was a way to automatically pull in the drive letter that the program is running from.

Also, about the compressed iso format, ciso uses a command line interface, but there is also a release of rar that uses command line interface, and rar32.exe can unzip, unrar, etc, so if you're going to add support for either or both, you could make it so it supports it, but only if the user copies their own copy of the necessary files into the directory, so you're not responsible for supplying them to the end user, thus circumventing any licensing issues. like mebbe a link to the download spot in the faq or something. I would love that because then I could just point it at my directory, it reads it and finds all the rar'd files or ciso's, gives me a list of what I have, and then i can just tell it to put it on my drive!

Also, I am really glad you are there allowing me to use fat32 drives, I hate elitist mentality that says just because wbfs exists you have to format your drive in it and make it unusable by anything except a specific tool. This way I can keep all my stuff on one drive, carry it to any computer, and use it how I see fit, for storing movies, wii games, tools, etc. and it becomes something I can carry with me anywhere.

Big kudos to you for doing this for the community, I'm glad there is an alternative to that other program that forces an install of a net framework even if you already have it and then only lets you use wbfs.

ini is already done in the latest version
I'll look into ciso and rar

Ed

danyboy666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hi,

p.s this is my first comment on this forum plz be gentle
biggrin.gif

i've started to use wii game manager v 1.0 and everything was fine until i've tried 1.4.X.X, the new games i'm adding to my fat32 hdd are all missing info file(... the txt file that is created in the same folder as the game when you choose create wbfs file with subdirectories...)

i like the new 1.5.0.1 interface and everything butt i'll have to use the old 1.0 version to get that txt file... is there a fix for this or is it something is this in a config setting a havent seen?

db666

pccfatman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
danyboy666 said:
hi,

biggrin.gif

i've started to use wii game manager v 1.0 and everything was fine until i've tried 1.4.X.X, the new games i'm adding to my fat32 hdd are all missing info file(... the txt file that is created in the same folder as the game when you choose create wbfs file with subdirectories...)

i like the new 1.5.0.1 interface and everything butt i'll have to use the old 1.0 version to get that txt file... is there a fix for this or is it something is this in a config setting a havent seen?

db666
The txt files is no longer created because wbfs_file does not do so by default. Ill add an option to the next version to allow for creation of this file.

Ed

commdante

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Really nice app, big kudos to the maker and everyone who helped on this project (meaning: also WBFS_file.exe creator).

Just a minor annoyance: I can't seem to make a queue to "copy" files to the WBFS drive/partition. And somehow one can't copy things to the WBFS drive/partition when ISO's are in B and WBFS partition is in A (or at all from B?).

A minor request: On the WBFS drive/partition it doesn't show what's "left". It reads everything what is on it (size), and reads the total size of the drive/partition when "mounting", it shouldn't be that hard to give an avg on what's left. I think it already does it, because trying to copy something that doesn't fit just seems to get ignored (instead of copying untill "full" and THEN give an error).

Great stuff, got rid off a lot of headaches for me.
smile.gif

pccfatman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
commdante said:
Really nice app, big kudos to the maker and everyone who helped on this project (meaning: also WBFS_file.exe creator).

Just a minor annoyance: I can't seem to make a queue to "copy" files to the WBFS drive/partition. And somehow one can't copy things to the WBFS drive/partition when ISO's are in B and WBFS partition is in A (or at all from B?).

A minor request: On the WBFS drive/partition it doesn't show what's "left". It reads everything what is on it (size), and reads the total size of the drive/partition when "mounting", it shouldn't be that hard to give an avg on what's left. I think it already does it, because trying to copy something that doesn't fit just seems to get ignored (instead of copying untill "full" and THEN give an error).

Great stuff, got rid off a lot of headaches for me.
smile.gif

I am confused by the annoyance, can you clarify?

I have already added the request for the next version, It will be released when I finish all the new stuff i'm adding along with a few bugfixes

Ed

danyboy666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
pccfatman said:
danyboy666 said:
hi,

biggrin.gif

db666
The txt files is no longer created because wbfs_file does not do so by default. Ill add an option to the next version to allow for creation of this file.

Ed

great i'll keep an eye open for the next version thanks again

db666

schooluser

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
drcrappants said:
pccfatman said:
drcrappants said:
languages in english, i didnt change anything much from default. and it is trying to extract the .xml, but fails to.
covers for all actually. not sure why i cant get them but yours can. not found it says, so maybe im missing some files? theyre popular games so it shouldnt be an issue
for languages using titles.txt it says its complete but i open the file and its empty

vista 32bit sp2 if it matters at all.

Are you running the program as Administrator? Are your cover paths set properly? Hmmm that still would not explain why titles.txt would be blank........ummm...hmm...

Ill think on it and let you know if I come up with anything
Ed
no idea, i didnt change the cover path directory. this is supposed to go online and download a file right?
also, i recently changed to fat32 single partition, and games do not work but they all did on the wbfs partition. any ideas

drcrappants,
I'm running games off a fat32 partition, what program did you use to convert to fat32? I used fat32format. Also, I'm using cfgloader50-fat to play the games, if you're using a different loader it may not be able to access the fat, or you may be missing the latest 222 and 223 ios which gives fat32 the best support. If you had them on wbfs, i'm not sure if you need to convert them from .iso to .wbfs, and your loader may need them to be in the \wbfs folder. My games are arranged like this:

usb:\wbfs\GAMEID_Game Title\GAMEID.wbfs

The only way I found out the loader needed that directory structure was I dumped a game using cfg usb loader to the drive first and saw how it stored it. You may want to do the same and dump a retail game using your loader to make sure it can use the drive properly.

I have the drive separated into several fat32 partitions so I don't hit the 500 game limit, but overall I've got 2tb of space in fat32 format and it's working wonderfully for me, faster than a wbfs partitioned drive in my opinion, and I can keep everything on it including all the tools I need without the hassle of worrying that something is going to accidentally corrupt the drive because windows thinks it's a raw partition.

Also,

Ed, I'm not sure if you still need help with some of the code, but I've had a little experience with visual basic, and vbscript. I'm currently following a programming degree plan. I would have to bone up on it, but once I get into it, I tend to be able to overcome problems in creative ways.

BUGS/SUGGESTIONS
I saw that you mentioned the option to change how it created the file systems directory structure, will that include the option to remove the trailing underscore_ ?

Bug:
I just tried to use the latest version, and tried to "download updated titles.txt" after setting my default cover path and downloading all I didn't have, and it queued it, never started it, then i told it to convert isos to wbfs on my usb drive and they all queued, it never started or downloaded or converted anything, I had to kill the program. There was no 0 byte titles.txt file in the Wii Game Manager program folder. Maybe it has something to do with spaces in my directory names? I didn't attempt to download the xml first or afterwards. Also noticed that even thought it had extracted the english.ini the first time i opened the program, it said it was missing the second time and extracted again, maybe that's what killed the titles.txt download?

Background for the bug:
I am running on XP Sp2, have the dot net framework 3.5 and it downloaded the covers just fine before I tried to do that.
Maybe a right click on the queue to select from dropdown "forcefully kill" what is currently processing in the queue, and then delete the temporary files? Maybe it has something to do with the fact that I tried to use that other game manager program that requires you use a wbfs drive and forcefully installs it's own dot net even if you already have it installed not long before I found your wonderful program.

Suggestions
Also, minor suggestion, being able to set 2 default open paths, one for folder a, one for folder b, maybe even with a right click context menu on the folder's tab?

Also, an option to download the high quality covers to a separate folder other than for the usb loader, like a specific button on the covers dropdown for setting the download directory and downloading the high quality covers to there?

Another really really minor suggestion, maybe a "cheat editor" like cfgusbloader does with options on txt file download and saving of gsc files including default direcories to download the .txt to and save the .gsc in, maybe even better than cfgusbloader allowing you to download for all games at once, if you run out of stuff to do?

Real longshot suggestion, probably way too complicated, creating 3d images from flat or full covers? My pikmin is bothering me, the full cover and flat cover are 1 picture but wiitdb put up a different cover for the 3d pic and I haven't got photoshop to make one myself. (I would have downloaded the PAL version but they did the same thing with that one. I tend to download the PAL cover if the US cover isn't available just so I'll have something there instead of nothing, maybe that can be an option with a database file showing which ones you substituted so when you tell it to download missing covers it can overwrite substituted covers with the right one, including overwriting custom disc images with official disc images) Again, real longshot, just an idea if you ever get trapped in your room with nothing but your computer and the source code for a week while waiting for someone to rescue you.

Just nitpicking here, maybe an ability to dock the "show/hide all covers" in with the regular window so it's not separate, or an option to show them filling the space where it shows the one you've selected?

Btw, your program is awesome, I hope I haven't repeated others requests, and even if you stopped now your program is still better than any of the others out there, I really appreciate you following this thread and going above and beyond what other developers do.

pccfatman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
schooluser said:
drcrappants said:
pccfatman said:
drcrappants said:
languages in english, i didnt change anything much from default. and it is trying to extract the .xml, but fails to.
covers for all actually. not sure why i cant get them but yours can. not found it says, so maybe im missing some files? theyre popular games so it shouldnt be an issue
for languages using titles.txt it says its complete but i open the file and its empty

vista 32bit sp2 if it matters at all.

Are you running the program as Administrator? Are your cover paths set properly? Hmmm that still would not explain why titles.txt would be blank........ummm...hmm...

Ill think on it and let you know if I come up with anything
Ed
no idea, i didnt change the cover path directory. this is supposed to go online and download a file right?
also, i recently changed to fat32 single partition, and games do not work but they all did on the wbfs partition. any ideas

dr,
I'm running games off a fat32 partition, what program did you use to convert to fat32? I used fat32format. Also, I'm using cfgloader50-fat to play the games, if you're using a different loader it may not be able to access the fat, or you may be missing the latest 222 and 223 ios which gives fat32 the best support. If you had them on wbfs, i'm not sure if you need to convert them from .iso to .wbfs, and your loader may need them to be in the \wbfs folder. My games are arranged like this:

usb:\wbfs\GAMEID_Game Title\GAMEID.wbfs

The only way I found out the loader needed that directory structure was I dumped a game to the drive first and saw how it stored it. You may want to do the same and dump a retail game using your loader to make sure it can use the drive properly.

I have the drive separated into several fat32 partitions so I don't hit the 500 game limit, but other than that I've got 2tb of space in fat32 format and it's working wonderfully for me, faster than a wbfs partitioned drive in my opinion, and I can keep everything on it including all the tools I need without the hassle of worrying that something is going to accidentally corrupt the drive because windows thinks it's a raw partition.

Also,

Ed, I'm not sure if you still need help with some of the code, but I've had a little experience with visual basic, and vbscript. I'm currently following a programming degree plan. I would have to bone up on it, but once I get into it, I tend to be able to overcome problems in creative ways.

BUGS/SUGGESTIONS
I saw that you mentioned the option to change how it created the file systems directory structure, will that include the option to remove the trailing underscore_ ?

Bug:
I just tried to use the latest version, and tried to "download updated titles.txt" after setting my default cover path and downloading all I didn't have, and it queued it, never started it, then i told it to convert isos to wbfs on my usb drive and they all queued, it never started or downloaded or converted anything, I had to kill the program. There was no 0 byte titles.txt file in the Wii Game Manager program folder. Maybe it has something to do with spaces in my directory names? I didn't attempt to download the xml first or afterwards.

Background for the bug:
I am running on XP Sp2, have the dot net framework 3.5 and it downloaded the covers just fine before I tried to do that.
Maybe a right click on the queue to select from dropdown "forcefully kill" what is currently processing in the queue, and then delete the temporary files? Maybe it has something to do with the fact that I tried to use that other game manager program that requires you use a wbfs drive and forcefully installs it's own dot net even if you already have it installed not long before I found your wonderful program.

Suggestions
Also, minor suggestion, being able to set 2 default open paths, one for folder a, one for folder b, maybe even with a right click context menu on the folder's tab?

Also, an option to download the high quality covers to a separate folder other than for the usb loader, like a specific button on the covers dropdown for setting the download directory and downloading the high quality covers to there?

Another really really minor suggestion, maybe a "cheat editor" like cfgusbloader does with options on txt file download and saving of gsc files including default direcories to download the .txt to and save the .gsc in, maybe even better than cfgusbloader allowing you to download for all games at once, if you run out of stuff to do?

Real longshot suggestion, probably way too complicated, creating 3d images from flat or full covers? My pikmin is bothering me, the full cover and flat cover are 1 picture but wiitdb put up a different cover for the 3d pic and I haven't got photoshop to make one myself. (I would have downloaded the PAL version but they did the same thing with that one. I tend to download the PAL cover if the US cover isn't available just so I'll have something there instead of nothing, maybe that can be an option with a database file showing which ones you substituted so when you tell it to download missing covers it can overwrite substituted covers with the right one, including overwriting custom disc images with official disc images) Again, real longshot, just an idea if you ever get trapped in your room with nothing but your computer and the source code for a week while waiting for someone to rescue you.

Btw, your program is awesome, I hope I haven't repeated others requests, and even if you stopped now your program is still better than any of the others out there, I really appreciate you following this thread and going above and beyond what other developers do.

I will be working on the queue handling routines next in my list, Hopefully Ill have it mostly down and ready to go in a bit.
Ill add your suggestions to my to-do file, they might just make it into the program at some point, I doubt there will be any type of flat to 3d cover conversion but Ill look into it

Edit: Hmmm I never noticed the trailing underscore, ill get to that one right away.......I must have overlooked something stupid.....
Ed

schooluser

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ha! You caught my post between edits
tongue.gif
You really are paying attention! I added a little more information on the bug and a nit-picking suggestion after you started replying to my post.

I'm glad the world still has good people like you out there.

Keep up the great work!

Edit:
Also just noticed, when scrolling through the games with the arrow keys, it doesn't update the cover on display.

Edit2:
Also, default open path doesn't seem to be recursive, I set it to my usb drive and it's not picking up the .wbfs on fat32 games I have.

pccfatman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just an update, no i'm not dead
smile.gif

I'll probably release a bugfix update tomorrow sometime
Ok so it didn't work out like I expected (go figure). I found a bug that is driving me crazy, I'll get a release out after I get it fixed
smile.gif

Ed

pccfatman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here is version 1.5.0.2 (Bugfix release) the languages are included in the archive

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=D0MBCKAA

Changes to 1.5.0.2
Fixed english.ini was extracted everytime a language was selected
Fixed tabs were not wide enough to handle translated text
Fixed List B was not properly translated
Fixed english.ini mis-spelling of the word relevant
Fixed the list selects an item but does not scroll to it when pressing a letter on the keyboard
Removed the trailing underscore from .iso files and created directories
Fixed bug that would cause the program to lock up sometimes if the WBFS partition was empty
Added drive info panel to the display to show total size, used space and free space

Please let me know of any issues you may find with this version. I will edit the first post later, I have to leave for work.
Ed

cambric

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
pccfatman said:
Here is version 1.5.0.2 (Bugfix release) the languages are included in the archive

Please let me know of any issues you may find with this version. I will edit the first post later, I have to leave for work.
Ed

Hi Ed,

Wonderful job...

I opened Game Manager 1.5.0.2 with the italian language.... actually there are "Drive Size:", "Used Space:" and "Space Rermaining:" which remain in english... and it seems that the corresponding entries are not in the language.ini files...

Thanks again for this very good piece of software...

pccfatman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cambric said:
pccfatman said:

Ed

Hi Ed,

Wonderful job...

I opened Game Manager 1.5.0.2 with the italian language.... actually there are "Drive Size:", "Used Space:" and "Space Rermaining:" which remain in english... and it seems that the corresponding entries are not in the language.ini files...

Thanks again for this very good piece of software...

Yea, I did not update any of the languages, I will do that in the next version
Ed

schooluser

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pccfatman said:
Removed the trailing underscore from .iso files and created directories
Dang, I made this batch file for nothing then...

@echo off
Set _ScrFldr=%CD%
SetLocal EnableDelayedExpansion
Set VAR=before
PushD %_ScrFldr%
:: the *_ is for the trailing underscore in the directories
For /F "Delims=" %%A In ('Dir /D /B *_') Do (
Set _FileName= %%A
:: Proper Case and preserve initial underscore
For %%I In ("_a=#A" "_b=#B" "_c=#C" "_d=#D" "_e=#E" "_f=#F" "_g=#G" "_h=#H" "_i=#I" "_j=#J" "_k=#K" "_l=#L" "_m=#M" "_n=#N" "_o=#O" "_p=#P" "_q=#Q" "_r=#R" "_s=#S" "_t=#T" "_u=#U" "_v=#V" "_w=#W" "_x=#X" "_y=#Y" "_z=#Z" " = ") Do Call Set "_FileName=%%_FileName:%%~I%%"
For %%I In ("_A=#A" "_B=#B" "_C=#C" "_D=#D" "_E=#E" "_F=#F" "_G=#G" "_H=#H" "_I=#I" "_J=#J" "_K=#K" "_L=#L" "_M=#M" "_N=#N" "_O=#O" "_P=#P" "_Q=#Q" "_R=#R" "_S=#S" "_T=#T" "_U=#U" "_V=#V" "_W=#W" "_X=#X" "_Y=#Y" "_Z=#Z" " = ") Do Call Set "_FileName=%%_FileName:%%~I%%"
Call Set "_FileName=%%_FileName: = %%"
:: Remove any trailing underscore
Set _FileName=!_FileName:_%%~xA=%%~xA!
:: Add the initial underscore back
For %%I In ("#=_" " = ") Do Call Set "_FileName=%%_FileName:%%~I%%"
:: Finally rename the file
Echo Renaming %%A
Ren "%%A" "!_FileName:~1!"
Set VAR=after
)
If "!VAR!"=="before" Goto Errend
PopD
echo Rename completed.
Goto :EOF
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
:Errend
PopD
echo There were no directories with trailing underscores found, exiting.

schooluser

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pccfatman said:
Fixed the list selects an item but does not scroll to it when pressing a letter on the keyboard

Still a wonderful program!

You've fixed the list selects an item part, but when i hit a letter and it views the spot, if I hit down to go to the next "L" game or whatever letter, it goes back to the previous spot in the list and then goes down. Also, it still doesn't show the covers/selected cover for the game that is highlighted, only the game that the mouse is over. It would also be nice if you could dock the "All covers" window into the main window where the single cover displays.

Would it be possible to request you have a spot in the options to save the default "Open type" for both list A and B, and separate options for both default open paths, and maybe have the list populate based on that when you open the program?

Royusmc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have not tryed v1.5.0.2 only v1.5.0.1 and there where some bugs but I am sure someone has covered all the bugs. I just want to ask that the option to set up a folder with the game name then the game id in [gameid] which now works with usb loader gx. And away to change the folder setup that are already backwords. Thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @a_username_that_isnt_cool, could you change your username?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i guess not...
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    anybody here?
  • P @ PKNate:
    nope
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fun fact: 7 years by lukas graham, supermassive black hole by muse, and megalomania all have the same bpm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    girls just wanna have fun and renai circulation also share the same tempo as the few i said before
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, megalomania the live a live song?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wait no, megalovania*
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    my bad
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't forgive you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The nerve of that guy, gosh.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah expecting me to forgive gtfo
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    But how could the Dr have known you didn't want to be circumcized?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He didn't you just wanted your dick to be fondled
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Watching dune 2 it's eh
    Dune one sucked
    The original with Patrick Stewart was Great
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A sexual psycopath that love pain where have I heard that before
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In your high school diary?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No but your wife let's me read her diary the word psychopath comes up more than sexual
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol stremio hogging all of my tvs on board ram
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol stremio hogging all of my tvs on board ram