Homebrew Wii game doesnt load on homebrewed Wii U

Ayranman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I have a CBHC Wii U and tried to install Super Mario Galaxy 2 on my Wii U,(not vWi since I don't have a Wii remote).I used TeconMoon's WiiVC Injector.
It actually showed up on my system menu. But after starting, it loads the wii logo and then ,chrashes ,so I have to pull the power off and plug it in again.
Could anyone help me please.

HandsomeJack

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
After much grief, I found out the hard way the only reliable way to run Wii games on a Wii U is USB Loader GX loading off a USB memory stick whilst in the virtual Wii.

WiiFlow Lite is buggy as f*** on virtual Wii. For whatever reason, if you're following the official instructions, USB Loader GX just works.

Also, if you've got a PAL region Wii U, it's very likely specific games won't load because they're not on NTSC / IOS 249. Running the PAL version is one solution, the other is to use the Force NTSC setting in USB Loader GX (it defaults to IOS 249 anyway).

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd suggest asking in @TeconMoon 's script thread. I don't know if it has to be the same region, but I'm playing a wii vc game I injected years ago right now, and I've never had this problem. I did use the same region as my system though if that's even a problem.

Reactions: jeannotte

HandsomeJack

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

jeannotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I did use the same region as my system though if that's even a problem.
Hello,

as @godreborn suggests, it is best to play the game in the same region as your console for it to work properly.

edit:

on my side this game works, inject with the application of @TeconMoon :yayu:

Last edited by jeannotte,
Reactions: godreborn

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I have a CBHC Wii U and tried to install Super Mario Galaxy 2 on my Wii U,(not vWi since I don't have a Wii remote).I used TeconMoon's WiiVC Injector.
It actually showed up on my system menu. But after starting, it loads the wii logo and then ,chrashes ,so I have to pull the power off and plug it in again.
Could anyone help me please.
I might be wrong but I think you need to use https://github.com/FIX94/sign_c2w_patcher on every boot before you can launch WiiVC injects.

Reactions: jeannotte

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did uninstall cbhc to test what error I got with the wii vc. I think it was the 199-9999 or something like that error. I took a picture of it. I'd imagine that's the error you'd get without sig patches. cbhc won't have that problem. been using cbhc for about five or six years now, and I'm playing a wii vc game right now. you can play it without having to do anything extra.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yep, here it is (kinda a bad picture). this is the error you get trying to run wii vc without sig patches or at least cbhc:

20211125_112142.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-