Hacking Wii full brick, black screen (no opera message) Drivekey installed

zcucurullo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, i installed drivekey 2 on the WII and everything was working perfectly. Wii version was 3.2U. After a little bit my younger kid (7) entered tiger woods 2010 on the wii and the system asked to make a update in the game channel, by mistake he did, the wii finished the update and them it was gone.
Now when you start up the wii only a black screen appears and nothing happens (the opera message that some people get when they brick their wii dosent even come up). Tried the GC pad hack to boot up the system menu and it didn't worked also. Got the modchip out to send the wii to nintendo for repair. Modchip was not on autoboot in case your wondering.

Does someone has a clue on what to do before i send my WII to nintendo for repair (still under warranty), or should i send it. Thank you!!!

harsh111

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
zcucurullo said:
Hi, i installed drivekey 2 on the WII and everything was working perfectly. Wii version was 3.2U. After a little bit my younger kid (7) entered tiger woods 2010 on the wii and the system asked to make a update in the game channel, by mistake he did, the wii finished the update and them it was gone.
Now when you start up the wii only a black screen appears and nothing happens (the opera message that some people get when they brick their wii dosent even come up). Tried the GC pad hack to boot up the system menu and it didn't worked also. Got the modchip out to send the wii to nintendo for repair. Modchip was not on autoboot in case your wondering.

Does someone has a clue on what to do before i send my WII to nintendo for repair (still under warranty), or should i send it. Thank you!!!

sorry, I don't know how to fix it, but since you have a mod chip installed, wouldn't that mean your warranty is void?

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yes, the warranty is void if you have a chip, since you or a modder took it apart to install the chip.

The warranty is also (in theory) void if homebrew is installed. I say in theory for homebrew because my friend had 'brew on his and it was fixed under warranty for a bad dvd drive (no chip here though).

jonjosh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you want you can do a walk in to the nearest nintendo repair facility. Mine was pretty close. But if you want you can send it with a free shipping label that nintendo provides for you. I didn't have to pay a cent for repair even thought it had like homebrew and stuff.
tongue.gif

HiBit

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
jonjosh said:
I didn't have to pay a cent for repair even thought it had like homebrew and stuff.
tongue.gif

*grrrrr*

Here in germany you must pay > 200€ if Nintendo found the HBC and your Wii is bricked.
frown.gif

olliepop2000

Trophies
XP
Country
jonjosh said:
If you want you can do a walk in to the nearest nintendo repair facility. Mine was pretty close. But if you want you can send it with a free shipping label that nintendo provides for you. I didn't have to pay a cent for repair even thought it had like homebrew and stuff.
tongue.gif
how recently was this out of interest?

zcucurullo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im sending it to nintendo NY, hope i can get it back ASAP. I dont mind paying a little bit for the repair if it's needed (is still under warranty)

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
It was out of region, this update? Or was it something else? At any rate, the best thing to do if you are on 3.2, 4.0, or 4.1 is to use Starfall or Startpatch to block updates. This way, the kid COULDN'T have done the update since it never would have come up in the first place.

zcucurullo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ill setup de drivekey when they send the wii back not to accept game updates, the problem is that he entered a copy of the game instead of the original one.

walmartman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you my friend have a stb iso brick right there its bricked and when you turn it on just a black screen correct?? stub iso 50 full brick you have nothing on the wii no system menu you cant recover that wii its a doorstop you have to send it to either nintendo or find somone to replace the drive and reflash the Nand sorry about your brick but i feel for ya same thing happened to me

lando2k9

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HI,
I had this same problem with my Wii, I installed priiloader, and for some reason it crashed and after that I only got a black screen. I tried the drivekey to no avail.
So I called Nintendo, they were willing to fix it.....$50.
Sent it out, they fixed it......Works great now.
It apparently was a blown circuit board.
Hope this helps.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izAMt9iehrE