Wii Fit Plus?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Aeladya, Dec 11, 2009.

Dec 11, 2009

Wii Fit Plus? by Aeladya at 2:48 AM (1,759 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. Aeladya
    OP

Member Aeladya *mistressOFtheCLOW

United States
    My step-mom just bought us Wii Fit Plus and I wanted to be absolutely sure that it didn't require a system update. Right now I'm running a 3.3u version with the Twilight Hack (that's pretty much it), and I don't want my family bricking my Wii. Thanks!

2. Lothlorian

Member Lothlorian GBAtemp Regular

United States
    The Disk Channel will ask for an update only if the IOS or System Menu files located on Wii Fit Plus (or any other game) are newer than what is currently installed on your Wii. Games don't need a certain System Menu to work. They only require one IOS file to run (The IOS file required depends on the game).

Most people use either Preloader or Starpatch to block disk channel updates. If you use one of these on your Wii then the disk channel will NEVER show an update. I recommend you do this if you have not already.

You must have the IOS file the game requires in order for games to run. Some of the new games require IOS 55 or 53 to run. If i were you I would use dop-IOS v8 or dop-IOS MOD v9 and make sure those IOS files are installed.

3. Aeladya
    OP

Member Aeladya *mistressOFtheCLOW

United States
    I heard Gecko OS could block updates...is this true?