genius

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi,

I try to run Wii Family Ski PAL on my chiped PAL WII. I tried FW 3.4 and rolled back to 3.2 .
If I boot the disc I get the "Error please remove disc and shutdown" blackscreen ...

I can start the disc with GeckoOS .. so it may be a mission IOS or a IOS with the T-Bug removed ? but how can I find out which IOS I need to change ?

Thanks
geni

genius

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I know that the softmnod will do the trick (as well as gecko) .. but I`m still curious where to find the cause for this ...

Geni

genius

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
ok I found out it's IOS35 which is used by the game. Now how can I create a patched IOS35 which includes the BUG ??

Does the IOS Downgarde patch all IOS's with the BUG ?

When using Systemmenu 290 and IOS30 is it safe to delete all IOS > 30 ?

My WII is chiped and preloader is installed as brick protection

Thx
Geni

genius

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I don't want to patch the whole system. I try to understand when which IOS is used and when the Bug was patched by N.

I made notrmal updates up to 3.4 and rolled back by ios donwngrade and cios downgrade.

Sure .. there are many ways to run the T-signed disc - I just like to know what exactly happens.

Geni

genius

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
how can I patch ios35 to include the t-signing bug ?

If I delete ios35 the game won't start anymore ... with the ios in place it boots to ther error screen.

Is it right that booting the disc depends on the IOS which the systemmenue runs on -
if the game itself could contain a check for the T-sign bug and throws an error message ?

So I have to keep to things in mind - first the ios for the systemmenu to enable homebrew and
second the ios the booting game needs which may check for t-singed disc and throw an error ??

am I right ?

Geni

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's one of those find a way to escape while hiding from the lunatic that spawns every 2 minutes
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I've heard of the game.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Plots pretty decent with good wtf moments
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I was just about to say I've read the synopsis and it has too many tweeests for my liking.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe the first game on its own doesn't.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But it has a sequel and it introduces a dozen more "revelations" and I say fuck that.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    First games like $2 worth trying at least
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Basically a Friday the 13th clone that's single player
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I want a Friday the 13th game where I play as Jason Vorhees.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah I don't know why they could never figure out how to get good horror games based on horror movies
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Does AvP count? it was pretty spooky.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's difficult to make games based on movies and movies based on games because they are structured different.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I guess Freddy VS Jason would've been a awesome game if done right
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Choose either character slash up victims
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Swap characters for dream levels and real life levels.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    And in the end select one of them and fight the other guy.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mortal Kombat style.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    There is a mortal Kombat that has the characters iirc but a more mazy type would be fun
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yes, chasing people around complex terrain would be fun.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Freddy Krueger would chase them through weird surreal dreamscapes, Jason would chase them around the lake.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They could even add teleporters like gta style when Freddy wants to make Jason his bitch
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Rumors keep dipping around about a new Freddy movie but I'm pretty sure Robert England is retired at this point
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Teleportation is a must, your speed would always be lower than the victims because both those fuckers prefer to saunter than to run.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    If you teleport to the wrong location the victims escape.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "Just gonna teleport in front of them and... FUCK THEY DUCKED INTO AN ALLEY INSTEAD OF RUNNING STRAIGHT AND NOW THEY'RE GONE"
    Veho @ Veho: "Just gonna teleport in front of them and... FUCK THEY DUCKED INTO AN ALLEY INSTEAD OF RUNNING...