smile.gif

Bob Evil

The Department of Home-Made Insecurity
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
A good workaround at the moment, and the one I use, is to use FreeLoader before inserting any US or Japanese games, as it blocks the updates.

I know it's only good until Nintendo decide to kill the FreeLoader, but still, it works right now.

noisound

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
@ploggy
yes the traces of the 15% trick will be removed. it happened that you were making a reply and waninkoko was typing the answer before you finished asking, lol
waninkoko said:
PD: No Trucha shit used in this version.
tired of using trucha waninkoko ? :wtf:

seank

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thanks for the release. I checked how many free blocks I had on my Wii before running this, and it said 1188. After running the channel remover (it reported deleting both forecast and news channels), I still have 1188 blocks free. Is this how it's supposed to work?

superrob

H4X H4X H4X!
Trophies
Website
zabbo.dk
XP
Country
Sick Wario said:
will this iso fix a semi brick? (can't get into wii settings on my friends wii from the 15% trick)
Well no it wont.
Becurse when you update from a other region with a lower version everything thats changed in the newer version gets updated.
And the Settings menu is allways updated to display the newer version number so if you didn't pull the plug early enough it did had time enogh to install the other region setting panel.

Lazycus

Rotten
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
waninkoko said:
coolbho3000 said:
I did 15% trick and it may have traces of dual channel (although they are not visible).

Will this program remove those traces?

Yes.

Thanks for your effort and time in coding this tool. However, since your first version was entirely dependent on trucha signing to work shouldn't you be a bit more respectful of other's work? Calling it shit just because you can now use an alternate exploit to execute your code isn't right. Perhpas you are friends with the trucha coder and I'm missing something?
unsure.gif

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
noisound said:
@ploggy
yes the traces of the 15% trick will be removed. it happened that you were making a reply and waninkoko was typing the answer before you finished asking, lol
waninkoko said:
Yes.

tired of using trucha waninkoko ? :wtf:

lol....it happens
smile.gif

Auyx

GBAtemp's Unofficial Sanic impersonator
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for this man you rock. I used V1 before and Im gonna run the new one in a min. Just burning the disc now. Do you have any problems with me posting this on another site? I will host it myself.

Marticuno

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Good work waninkoko. You made a great prog, but found a flaw in it, and then began working on a fix right away. Excellent work, thanks alot.

Just a question. My Brawl wants to update again after this. Is it safe to update? And will I get new channels after the update? How do I remove them if that is the case?

Thanks.

odinfire

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WORKS PERFECT! Ran the disc twice. First it detected the channels and removed them. I did it a second time to confirm and it did not detect the channel headers as they were already erased.

Thank you so much!

bailli

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
thebobevil said:
A good workaround at the moment, and the one I use, is to use FreeLoader before inserting any US or Japanese games, as it blocks the updates.

I know it's only good until Nintendo decide to kill the FreeLoader, but still, it works right now.

QUOTE(Marticuno @ Apr 5 2008, 01:54 AM) Good work waninkoko. You made a great prog, but found a flaw in it, and then began working on a fix right away. Excellent work, thanks alot.

Just a question. My Brawl wants to update again after this. Is it safe to update? And will I get new channels after the update? How do I remove them if that is the case?

Thanks.

A long time ago there was this piece of software - I think its name was WiiBrickBlocker (WBB for short)...

Sorry for the sarcasm but this program has been around a long time and is "future-proof" unlike trucha signed ISOs....

BTW: Of course the channels will get installed again if you let the game update!

kawnying

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
What if i use the JP+US to remoev both my broken and dup channel (no more weather+news channel) can i update my wii and get back my working channel back into my jp wii?

noisound

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
from what i can tell you can only remove the channels and they can still come back. one way to prevent getting them again is to make a new copy of brawl with a modified update.inf or even brickblock it like bailli said

here is the modified update.inf that also works for ntsc smash x. requires trucha

SSBB Working without Dual channels or 15% trick
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=76736

Glitzerstim

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Marticuno said:
Good work waninkoko. You made a great prog, but found a flaw in it, and then began working on a fix right away. Excellent work, thanks alot.

Thanks.

If you can update the channels again without problems, the "Duplicated Channel Remover V2" works perfect. Can anyone test this?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill