Hacking Wii Disk Loaders Issues and Answers :

fresco194

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi. I am a newbie so excuse me if this is stupid question. I am using wiigator backup launcher in 3.3u and I am having laggy cinematics in SSBB DVD9 and DVD5 both. I used Verbatim and Sony. Any help would be appreciated.

CreX

Trophies
Website
backloggery.com
XP
Country
If I for some reason would like to update my Wii while having installed Gamma after djtaz's guide. What would happen? I suppose I'll get the update and everything custom installed will just be "deleted"?
Or will it semi-brick in some way?

D

Deleted User

fresco194 said:
Hi. I am a newbie so excuse me if this is stupid question. I am using wiigator backup launcher in 3.3u and I am having laggy cinematics in SSBB DVD9 and DVD5 both. I used Verbatim and Sony. Any help would be appreciated.

Your question is?

Lags in game happen when you don't have a chip (due to disc read speed, before you make another thread, NO, the disc read speed will not increase unless you got a chip)

Posts merged

QUOTE(CreX @ Mar 5 2009, 05:38 PM) If I for some reason would like to update my Wii while having installed Gamma after djtaz's guide. What would happen? I suppose I'll get the update and everything custom installed will just be "deleted"?
Or will it semi-brick in some way?

What will happen:
1)Twilight Hack got deleted
2)You're on the worst firmware.

iamnewhere

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is there something wrong with the 002fix Gamma Load link?
When i click it all i get is a zip with a txt file saying please keep it free.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
iamnewhere said:
Is there something wrong with the 002fix Gamma Load link?
When i click it all i get is a zip with a txt file saying please keep it free.

Did you try this one..?
smile.gif

OtakuGamerZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ether2802 said:
OtakuGamerZ said:
ok im a noob and i want too know this will work and not brick my wii
i have a 3.4U unchipped and a did this...
1. Used the twilight hack3.4v
2. Loaded Wad Manager in Homebrew Channel and install IOS16-64-v257-prod.wad
3. Loaded wadmanagerios16 in Homebrew Channel and install cios_fix.wad
4. Loaded IOS Downgrader in Homebrew Channel.
5. Loaded Wad Manager in Homebrew Channel and installed the gamma_backup_loader.wad(i forgot the exact name of this one)
6. Burned an iso onto a DVD-R and put into disc drive.

will it work fine?
blink.gif

You forgot, that after use IOS downgrader, you need to use cIOS downgrader and then install the cIOS36_r7 for gamma launcher, and I don't see why it will brick, altough you can do it wrong and that can lead to not work, that's all....!!!
smile.gif
k i looked and can't find anywhere the cIOS downgrader and the cIOS36_r7 can someone help please help me.
unsure.gif

P.S. do i need anything else to play a custom guitar hero game???

ThatsMrsJ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Q : Will my girlfriend leave me if I overuse the backup launcher?
A : If she is cute give her my number and ill do my best to talk her out of leaving you.

LOL You Are so Funny!!!

1biggdog

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have backup loader 0.3 gamma installed and working, but I have two questions or problems.

1. Everytime I try to install a wad file, I have to use anytitle deleter and remove ios249, install what I want and then re-install 249. Can any one tell me how to fix this?

2. I installed rev8 and rock band instruments stop working in back up game do I have to go back to ios37w/ ios36 rev 7 in order for instruments to work.

Thanks in advance
mjf

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
1biggdog

1. Everytime I try to install a wad file, I have to use anytitle deleter and remove ios249, install what I want and then re-install 249. Can any one tell me how to fix this?
Are you kidding me.?? you should be doing this, although according to your second question I guess your Problem is that you don't have waninkoko's cIOS36_r7 wich is the good one (for not saying the best)

2. I installed rev8 and rock band instruments stop working in back up game do I have to go back to ios37w/ ios36 rev 7 in order for instruments to work.
You can use Multi_cIOS installer to get IOS37 with DIP7 as IOS248 and then use the latest version of SoftChip pointed towards IOS248, and the Gamma Launcher will stay reading from IOS249..!!
smile.gif

bttwgtw

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hopefully i did get banned for this, but the next version of backup loader works with madworld

Posts merged

and that need for speed game

bttwgtw

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mortal kombat armegeddon starts to load, but locks up after the menu where it tells you which controls work with the game.. ie "nunchuck.. classic.. wavebird"

bttwgtw

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
did i patch the mortal kombat iso? no, its one of my oldest ones though.. it may have been a patched iso.. just letting you know what the upcoming "softchip loader" loads

1biggdog

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

Are you kidding me.?? you should be doing this, although according to your second question I guess your Problem is that you don't have waninkoko's cIOS36_r7 wich is the good one (for not saying the best)

Okay so if I understand you, this is the correct way to install wads, always remove 249 and then install again after the wads are installed...Right? By the way I modded the Wii according to DJ Taz guide and had waninkoko's cIOS36_r7 , but the rock band instruments would not work, so I researched and found that installing ios 37w/ios36rev7 would fix them so I installed it and then they did work, but stopped working when I installed wanninkoko's rev 8, so I went back.

You can use Multi_cIOS installer to get IOS37 with DIP7 as IOS248 and then use the latest version of SoftChip pointed towards IOS248, and the Gamma Launcher will stay reading from IOS249..!!

So I can have leave the 0.3 gamma installed and install Softchip ( which if I am understanding correctly is another loader) and ios37 as ios248, right?

I appoligize for all the questions, but I have six children and I will admit, everytime I touch the Wii, I get a little nervous. I have read alot here and other sites and sometimes things get a little confusing as to which way to go. I will search for Multi_cios installer and SoftChip and try them, after I hear back from you, that I understand you correctly.

Thank you very much for I am learning....slowly though it be.

Thanks again

Hyaku Shiki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Guys,

I have Backup Launcher 0.3 Gamma since Oct or Nov and haven't had issues. I haven't really been following since then and now I see there is a 002 fix for my version.

The fix has 002autobootNTSC.dol. Can I just replace the boot.dol from the backup launcher folder in apps\?

Thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Veho @ Veho: That's a relief to hear. Do you know what happened?