Hacking Wii Disk Loaders Issues and Answers :

Unphazed

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I'm not sure of my problem here... I'm thinking my CIOS... I installed the original wiigator loader, the CIOS at the time... then later when Gamma came out, I installed it using an all-in-one package (002Gammafix), which included a new CIOS, and disabled things like updates, etc. All was running well, I was playing a backup of my Star Wars Force Unleashed game fine for a couple of days. Then when I tried using Wiidump and copying Raving Rabbids, I put it in, and all I got was an attempt-read-fail sound coming from the disc repeatedly, followed by "rebooting with hooks", rather rinse, repeat. Now my Force Unleashed isn't working either.

Any ideas? Is it possible that my media just got lucky the one time with Force Unleashed?

ran168

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I following the instruction (002Gammafix) for my wii 3.3U (expect for downgrade), but I can't get my backup game run. Please help.

The HBC seems working (?) fine since I can see all sections. Inserting my original game and launch from section 2 (gamma 0.3) the game screen can come up with second.

I use local' backup my game (Zelda) into SD in with DVD dump (v1.2) into 9 (each 512 MB) iso (then rename them as 1…9) then combine the ISO into a ~4.6 GB, and burn it in Verbatim DVD-R at 4X. with Nero. After inserting the backup disk into Wii, going to HBC and launch gamma 0.3, clicking load my TV turns to black screen without anything. System can not reset till hard pull the power cable out.

How do I know this is the game “backup”/"burning" or my HBC gamma 0.3 failure? What do I expect if I clicking HBC gammer 0.3 and launch the game? Why my screen is dark and how to turn it back? Also, it seem to me the menu of HBC can been seen only if my SD card in the Wii (it load from SD card). Without the SD card in wii, I can see the HBC in wii menu but I can not see the HBC’ menu.

Please help. Thank you.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Did you install a channel for loading the backup loader ?
its in the wad section ?

did you get any errors when installing the cios ? if your not sure install it again and read the end.

Unphazed

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nothing on screen, except a quick flicker of launching game... and finally rebooting using hooks. I'm making a backup of my original game Raving Rabbids. I'm trying to just get the backups to run so I can put away my actual games. Only prob is, none of them seem to work, and Force Unleashed worked before. I was able to play Force Unleashed for awhile, at least, like 4 or 5 times, and now, a week later, nothing. I don't know why, I was wondering if maybe it's something that happened to the CIOS, or maybe my SD card (I did use the Homebrew Channel and browser to try and download a game, which ended in a memory dump... there is space left on the card). Does the gamma loader run off the sd card? Is it possible a data corruption is preventing me from running gamma correctly?

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Unphazed said:
nothing on screen, except a quick flicker of launching game... and finally rebooting using hooks. I'm making a backup of my original game Raving Rabbids. I'm trying to just get the backups to run so I can put away my actual games. Only prob is, none of them seem to work, and Force Unleashed worked before. I was able to play Force Unleashed for awhile, at least, like 4 or 5 times, and now, a week later, nothing. I don't know why, I was wondering if maybe it's something that happened to the CIOS, or maybe my SD card (I did use the Homebrew Channel and browser to try and download a game, which ended in a memory dump... there is space left on the card). Does the gamma loader run off the sd card? Is it possible a data corruption is preventing me from running gamma correctly?

Nope - problem is your DVD's by the sounds of things - are u using DVD+R by any chance ?
tongue.gif

ran168

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
djtaz said:
its in the wad section ?

did you get any errors when installing the cios ? if your not sure install it again and read the end.

Yes, I follow the instrction in the "HowTo" in stage 2, and i also select correct "last number of the game is "2" and copy the system memory.

There is no any erro when I install the cios and said "successful".

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ran168 said:
djtaz said:
its in the wad section ?

Yes, I follow the instrction in the "HowTo" in stage 2, and i also select correct "last number of the game is "2" and copy the system memory.

erm , it should say DONE at the end and not successful
what loader did you install and is it in the channels list on your wii now ?

ran168

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
djtaz said:
ran168 said:
djtaz said:
its in the wad section ?

erm , it should say DONE at the end and not successful
what loader did you install and is it in the channels list on your wii now ?
in HBC, I can see the 'sections as installer, update 3.3, wii dumper, wadmanager, etc. which show 1.. 8 and A ..D. There is only one cIOS in the installer 'section' which I installed.
though I have wireless, but I have not installed the "safe update 3.3."
I also in section 6, install wiiah-bkup and backup_loader_Zelda.wad under the WAD manager, though there are mor wad files available. After perfromed this, I can see two addtional "channels - Homebrew channel and homebrew backup channel in the wii menu.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ok - and your running backup channel and get a black screen ... hmmm
load the disk and choose the backup channel and press 1 ...it shoudl load a screen - see if that recognises a disc

if it doesnt , load the original and see if that works

if the original works its a disc issue.

Unphazed

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I appreciate it. I'll try and go out soon and buy new media... someone gave me 100pk Nexxtech DVD-R for Xmas... so sh**y that my desktop can't even recognize the media. I just thought it might be another issue since the Force Unleashed one worked for awhile. Maybe I just got lucky with it. Also, just so I understand correctly, Gamma shows no screen until you press 1, am I correct? No intro menu or loading screen or anything? Just straight to load of disc?

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If you installed from the wad in my signature then yes as the one i included is the autoboot version with no loader screen.

There are other options if you wish to change - do a search for ' 002 fix pictures ' in the search box above and you'll find it.

ran168

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
djtaz said:
ok - and your running backup channel and get a black screen ... hmmm
load the disk and choose the backup channel and press 1 ...it shoudl load a screen - see if that recognises a disc

if it doesnt , load the original and see if that works

if the original works its a disc issue.
Are you replying my "ran168" issue or someone elese? I can press "1" to get "configuration in the "backup channel" (since I install the backup.wad". But I will not have other response from the menu 2 of HBC > Gamma backup launcher > Load.

What should I try to shoot? Thanks.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ran168 said:
Are you replying my "ran168" issue or someone elese? I can press "1" to get "configuration in the "backup channel" (since I install the backup.wad". But I will not have other response from the menu 2 of HBC > Gamma backup launcher > Load.

im not sure what backup.wad is .... put in a real disc and try running that from hbc 2. gamma backup loader and see if that laods a real game.
then try a channel and see if that works

if it doesnt the cios isnt installed properly

ran168

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
djtaz said:
ran168 said:

im not sure what backup.wad is .... put in a real disc and try running that from hbc 2. gamma backup loader and see if that laods a real game.
then try a channel and see if that works

if it doesnt the cios isnt installed properly
In your guide stage 2 , step 4 , I oad the "Wiiish-BKUP.wad". Thus in the Wii menu, I can see both "Homebrew channel" and "Wii backup launcher" icons. The later is what I mean.

When use an orignal game under "Homebrew channel" > 2. Backup laucher >select load, the original Zelda game can be loaded.

ran168

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
djtaz said:
can it be loaded from the channel in the main menu ?
if in the "disk" channel of wii menu, it will not see the game start but I can see the loading or spinning when clicking "disk". Do I expect to load the game automatically when inserting the disk?

When do expect if I have a correct backup dosk when loading in "backup channel" or "homebrew >backup launcher >load"?
How can I differ it is the 'channel' falure or back disk (wrong or incomplete iso, back brand DVD, bad speed"?
Am I expect to see "load SD" when clciking "Homebrow channel >start" then showing me the menu of homebrew channel?

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
you should be able to load a genuine disc from the channel - if you cant its the channel is the problem - if you can its the disc is the problem.

ran168

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
djtaz said:
you should be able to load a genuine disc from the channel - if you cant its the channel is the problem - if you can its the disc is the problem.
let me understand this correctly:
(1) The original disk can be run both in regular (or automatially) in the 'disk' channel and in the "Homebrew channel > backup launcher >load", right?
- Yes, the original disk is able to load and start the original game i have.

(2) The backup disk only can run in the homebrew channel but not in the Disk?

(3) If disk issues, how do I differ the bad iso (backup) or the disk type or burning isseus? Do I expect the see the disk name after I burn it in disk? if it i is, what ?

(4) why said "load SD" when >homebrew > start, Is it normal?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    still busy hackin' ps4?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If the damn script would work it'd be nice
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    maybe it's the incompatible model
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No it's because I have a arch64 model tv it's just normal ps4 bs
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    yeah, the JB does not activate instantly, because it relies on a flaw showing up in a process
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I'm on a older 6.72, still kinda tempted to upgrade, maybe a 9.00
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i probably cant go higher than 9.00 becus i have the CUH-22XX model
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I keep getting stuck on waiting for padi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    hmmm, i got no clue, i need to re-check their step by step guide
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    11.0 hack is great if you got a webos tv
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i dont have LG tvs around
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    all TCL
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    and a sony
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You can map a button on your remote to launch the script call it a day
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd stay on 9.0
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I had a spare ps4 on 10.0 so decided to try it
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i just want to play the psp resistance port
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Psps are high tech
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    there is no backported version for me fw
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't own the hardware?
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    both 2 psp busted
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hunt down a vita?
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Tried, but the conditions i saw most of 'em left me reelin'
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: Tried, but the conditions i saw most of 'em left me reelin'