Hacking Wii Disk Loaders Issues and Answers :

zicon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
djtaz - ive downloaded the files from your sig directly so i definitely know i've got the most recent files now.

I've just been to my mates and uninstalled all the wads that were previously installed last time. I then did a nintendo update to 3.4e (this worked fine).

I then worked through the tutorial again, i installed all options on starfall except the remove safety check and the remove menu bg music.

I installed the cIOS installer and then tried a backup via the backup launcher on the homebrew channel.

I'm still getting the same error
sad.gif
the screen goes black and the dvd drive repeats a sequence of 3 little clicks followed by a bigger click. After 10 seconds or so the blue drive light lights up and then goes off again.

@rich - i then tried installing the loader as a channel so that i could press 1 to bring up the menu. I've tried a few of the options on there but i keep getting the same result
frown.gif

zicon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i'm using tesco dvd-r's burnt at 4x - the game/disc is one that i know works on my modded wii...it just doesn't work on my friend. Also he has backed a game up himself on a different make of disc and this produces the same error

zicon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
sorry i wasn't clear in my last post. By saying my wii being modded, i meant via the same gamma loader i have put on my friends wii (not an actual mod chip)...

Is there anything else it could be besides the discs? I'll get him to try some verbatim discs but i can't understand while all the tesco discs ive used for backups work on my wii?

squirt1000

Would rather have a cup of Tea!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hey all, Can someone point me in the right direction to fully remove this. Ive installed it using this guide http://www.iol.ie/~taz/wii/WiiHowToGamma.html

The only thing I didnt do is install starfall.

The reason for removal is im going to instal a chip as the 3x read speed is a bit annoying!
Thanks in advance
smile.gif

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
zicon said:
sorry i wasn't clear in my last post. By saying my wii being modded, i meant via the same gamma loader i have put on my friends wii (not an actual mod chip)...

Is there anything else it could be besides the discs? I'll get him to try some verbatim discs but i can't understand while all the tesco discs ive used for backups work on my wii?

I have seen discs that work on one wii but not on another one - usually its DVD+R discs , but some Kodac ones recently have done the same.
If you know a game on a disc is working on yours then its really only 1 of 2 things - a wii with a fussy dvd drive (they do exist and theres quite a lot) or a badly installed gamma loader that needs a reload.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
squirt1000 said:
Hey all, Can someone point me in the right direction to fully remove this. Ive installed it using this guide http://www.iol.ie/~taz/wii/WiiHowToGamma.html

The only thing I didnt do is install starfall.

The reason for removal is im going to instal a chip as the 3x read speed is a bit annoying!
Thanks in advance
smile.gif
The safest way is to just remove the backup loader with wad manager - and the cios with any title deleter (ios249 -ONLY DELETE THIS ONE)
and remove homebrew channel using the wii channel remover.
It wont fully remove everything , but thats really hard to do and a HUGE risk of bricking while trying it.

Also - if your noticing the 3 speed on the games you have the wrong files installed or files badly installed, or they are very old files.

zicon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
djtaz said:
Also - if your noticing the 3 speed on the games you have the wrong files installed or files badly installed, or they are very old files.

True, i'm really impressed with how it runs considering the drive isn't running at full speed. Is the full speed 6x? I think i read it was that on here. The only difference i have noticed is that some of the sound jumps on CSI:Hard evidence but i have read on here that there are known problems with that game.

Taz > about your reply to my other post - i will get my mate to try some other dvds as ive loaded the gamma loader quite a few times and that hasn't made a difference. I will keep you updated after he has tried some verbatim dvd-r's on it

squirt1000

Would rather have a cup of Tea!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thanks for the quick reply, So if I remove the items you have listed and only the ios249 I can safely update to 3.4e and the wii should be back to normal?

Sorry for my noob style questions! Im just concerned about removing the wrong things and killing my wii!
biggrin.gif

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
yes - you can update even with them in it - and remove hbc and backup loader using the wii channel remover - theres no issues doing it that way

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
updating it only an issue if you want to install more things , or change things after , it means a lot more work to get them working - its fine to update as long as you dont want to do any more ... and the wii'sown system will remove the loader so all is good.

noblechris

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hi, sorry for another question, but i've looked everywhere on the site and can't see the answer......yes i'm probably blind i know

which zelda game do i need do the wii homebrew stuff?

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Zelda Twilight Princess - and i believe the older versions of the game work better, though i think team tweezers overcame the issues with the newer version as well - beck of luck hacking it , and no problems with genuine questions if you have looked first.

noblechris

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
djtaz said:
Zelda Twilight Princess - and i believe the older versions of the game work better, though i think team tweezers overcame the issues with the newer version as well - beck of luck hacking it , and no problems with genuine questions if you have looked first.
many thanks to you, great site here
bow.gif

sorry to be dumb, but what do you mean older versions, is zelda twilight princess not a fairly new release?

what would i know,,,,i've never even played any zelda game

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
No , its an old game, and its written by Nintendo themselves - but when nintendo discovered it wa sbeing used to make hacks they changed the release to make it not work any more ... though i believe that has been overcome again (i have the old one so im not 100% sure on this)

Bushing and Marcan used this game because it was a gamecube game originally , it was written by nintendo so they cant blame external coders and theres loads of copies of it floating about since its out ages.

noblechris

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
djtaz said:
No , its an old game, and its written by Nintendo themselves - but when nintendo discovered it wa sbeing used to make hacks they changed the release to make it not work any more ... though i believe that has been overcome again (i have the old one so im not 100% sure on this)

Bushing and Marcan used this game because it was a gamecube game originally , it was written by nintendo so they cant blame external coders and theres loads of copies of it floating about since its out ages.
thanks for all you help, so do i need his game for the gamecube or wii?

as wii ones are all new copys.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have only tried the wii version - cant guarantee anything else - though you should be ok in the UK - its mostly US that had problems

ownlife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm new to hacking my Wii and all.

I've only burned two games, Animal Crossing and Boom Blox.

I've downgraded the system firmware to 3.2. I'm using WiiGator Gamma. My IOS is 249.

I read through all FAQs and didn't see my particular issue listed, so I decided to post here, as creating a new thread on this issue would likely get me maimed, as I'm the definition of a newb.
happy.gif

I've been trying to make Boom Blox work lately. In order for me to make Animal Crossing work and for it not to show the Game Disc Cannot Be Read screen, I change the Config Hook to Wii Pad. I have no idea what this does honestly, but if I start the game with GC Pad, the game will go to Game Disc Cannot Be Read. Is this doing anything? What is this option? Am I just getting lucky when I start the game, that choosing Wii Pad does nothing?

So when I try to make Boom Blox work, I just tried changing the different controller options, but to no avail. I still get the game's Game Disc Cannot Be Read Screen.

I have to assume WiiGator recognizes the game. When I get the Cannot Be Read screen on Animal Crossing, there's a pic of Resetti next to the text. For Boom Blox, there's no pic, just text in a little box.

Help would be much appreciated.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv6vlP2qSyo