mkfx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
djtaz said:
dewisp02 said:
zero, you already replied and said the same thing so why respond again with nothing new? The media I am using is the same I've used for all my previous backups and not a single coaster so far. A bad burn/media would never work in the first place. So I have to disagree with you and your theory. I want to know how it would work perfectly if bad media and bad burn were the case. Just doesnt seem likely. I am curious if there's something with the backup loader/launcher and game id. Does the launcher cache game id's or other info? Is there something I can try like re-installing everything again to clear any data stored [if it does indeed do such a thing]?

Zerof is correct here (as usual) - it sounds like the media may be corrupt.
DVD-r Discs are written onto a dye on the disc - think of it like a jelly with bits taken out of it - if the disc overheated while in the wii (which can happen) it may have corrupted the integrity of the disc.
Usually this resolves itself if the disc settles again after a few hours , but on some discs it doesnt.

On the cheaper discs this is more likely to happen and the only resolution is to try to reburn it to another disc or even in extremem cases to re-downlo....erm back it up.

Just get another copy and try it - the wii doesnt cache any of the id info and if the loader is working on other games then its not a loader issue.
Some games also freeze after you get to a certain point , but i dont think this is your issue.

I believe that I am experiencing this behaviour with my USA Wii.

Certain games seem to require more intense loading, and these periods will sometimes cause the game to freeze. A message pops up saying that the game cannot be read and to refer to the instruction manual.

I am having this issue with Verbatim DVD-R burnt at 4x (my drive will not burn any slower). These Verbatim DVD-R's are the ones with the glossy white plain top, meant for printing a label onto them. AVOID THIS MEDIA!!! When people say to use Verbatim DVD-R, they mean the expensive ones! I got a 20 pack of these printable discs for $4. The genuine GOOD QUALITY verbatim discs are closer to $1 a peice.

I am planning on picking up some of the real verbatim discs to verify this, but just wanted to warn people. YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR, THEY WONT WORK!
frown.gif

sudeki300

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
this is not really an issue just a question and i did not know where to place this. is it worth it to have the gamma and beta v.3 backup launchers both on the same sd card. will this make the compatability higher than just having either one of the loaders on the sd card. i really need a faat answer as i have two wii's to do in front of me at the moment. thanks................................sudeki300

zerof

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sudeki300 said:
this is not really an issue just a question and i did not know where to place this. is it worth it to have the gamma and beta v.3 backup launchers both on the same sd card. will this make the compatability higher than just having either one of the loaders on the sd card. i really need a faat answer as i have two wii's to do in front of me at the moment. thanks................................sudeki300

Just install/use gamma, beta is not needed.

EddyWally

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
I use wiigator 3 GAMMA for my backup of Animal Crossing City Folk.
I've used DVD+R,DVD-RW,but everytime I get this error: "DVD read error (324)."
I have cIOS249 installed,I have system software 3.2 with the shop channel patch.
Help meh.
Thanks

roup

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just installed Starfall and the cIOS update then WiiGators backup launcher on a 3.2U. Everything seems to working fine, however, I'm testing a backup of Sonic Unleashed (PAL on my U system) but it's black and white. I read in this form to correct it force NTSC or PAL depending on the disc source. My question is.... if I force PAL on a US system is there any possibility to brick my system. (oh yeah, I've used Brickblocker prior to burning just in case!)

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
EddyWally said:
I use wiigator 3 GAMMA for my backup of Animal Crossing City Folk.
I've used DVD+R,DVD-RW,but everytime I get this error: "DVD read error (324)."
I have cIOS249 installed,I have system software 3.2 with the shop channel patch.
Help meh.
Thanks
Dont use Re-Writables
use DVD-R discs

Posts merged

QUOTE(roup @ Dec 14 2008, 04:46 PM) I just installed Starfall and the cIOS update then WiiGators backup launcher on a 3.2U. Everything seems to working fine, however, I'm testing a backup of Sonic Unleashed (PAL on my U system) but it's black and white. I read in this form to correct it force NTSC or PAL depending on the disc source. My question is.... if I force PAL on a US system is there any possibility to brick my system. (oh yeah, I've used Brickblocker prior to burning just in case!)

The game is already Pal - forcing a Pal game to Pal will do nothing.

You need to force the game to NTSC so use force NTSC and no it wont damage your wii once you have used brickblocker - even not using it should be ok with gamma - just never update.

Lucktle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I need a bit of help over here. Recently I was using Wiigator's Backup Loader 0.3gamma to play Mario Kart Wii and it worked perfectly fine. Just a while ago I started playing Super Mario Galaxy, and than after I played it, I discovered Mario Kart Wii does not work anymore, giving me a "The Game Disk could not be read. Please check the Wii Operation Manual" error. I tried a cios_installer_read_retry, and tried installing a cIOS Installer 249 for 0.3gamma, but it also does not help. All other games work ok on the backup loader. Is there something I missed out?

Lucktle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Oops, forgot to mentioned I have reburned the disk twice. First reburn could not even load the start screen when using the Reboot option on the backup loader, 2nd reburn can load that, but gets stuck after the safety screen with the same disk read error as original. All do not have a single scratch, except for the first which has a tiny part of the age melted for no reason, which I originally thought was the problem. Using DVDInfoPro, the 3rd disk shows completely no read errors,2nd disk shows none too, 1st disk DRE fully onwards from 98%.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
No read errors on a PC does not mean no read errors on the wii.
The wii's dvd drive is a lot more sensative to discs than a PC which is why almost everyone recommends DVD-r discs and never to use DVD rewritables.

If other games work then its not the cIOS , in fact its not the wii at all if other games work - your pretty much down to it being either :
1. bad image that you downloaded - try getting a new image
2. bad discs that can be read by a pc but the wii has issues - try different brand dvd-r
3. issues with the DVD burner itself - try getting someone else to burn a copy for you.

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
stevenrushing said:
Okies, I need an email address for djtaz and an email address for noobboy - the one with the 8 wad install - paypal email addy's please. I used noobboy's 8wad install and it worked! So some money coming to him for having what worked, and to djtaz for the work he put into helping me before. Would also like some quick help deleting what I don't need when you have a shot... I have like 5 loader channels and only two of them work, but I really only need one of them. They kinda clutter the place up if you know what I mean. =)

lol, you've made me chuckle about donating. I'm happy to hear you got that stuff working. V4 should be available very soon and will overwrite what you have, it may offer you no noticable difference though, depending on what you play, so it's probably a situation of "aint broke dont fix it"

if you have money to donate, direct any donations towards my pack to:
www.thehungersite.com

also, go buy the conduit when it comes out, that will make me smile.

Lucktle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I got myself another image for Mario Kart and burned it onto a Imation DVD+R , not sure if Imation is good, but I'm switching to DVD-R once this bunch of disks are used up. Got to main menu at top speed than accidentally went to single player. Got another disk read error and got stuck there. I restarted the game again and now have read errors right after the safety screens goes away by itself as for some reason I can't even press a button to skip it. I'm sure it's not the image now. Does anyone also have a idea why it worked before in my previous posts?

Lazy007

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey I was trying to do the twilight hack and I can't figure out why I get this message after talking to the guy with Link:

err= c1000002, reply=80400900 00000000 0000019e 90010000

Which is repeated over and over and even after leaving it for about 10 mins the messages continue.

After reading a few diff guides and watching tutorials on youtube I'm not sure what the problem is. I read in this thread on page forty something that someone said it was the SD card that was the problem, but they never said what?

Could someone tell me if I just need to buy a new SD card or is there something I have done wrong? Already asked one of the guys on youtube who made the tutorial and he suggested I come to a forum

Thanks in advance

zerof

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lucktle said:
I got myself another image for Mario Kart and burned it onto a Imation DVD+R , not sure if Imation is good, but I'm switching to DVD-R once this bunch of disks are used up. Got to main menu at top speed than accidentally went to single player. Got another disk read error and got stuck there. I restarted the game again and now have read errors right after the safety screens goes away by itself as for some reason I can't even press a button to skip it. I'm sure it's not the image now. Does anyone also have a idea why it worked before in my previous posts?

I had nothing but trouble with Imation. Just go ahead and get yourself some quality DVD-R and use the remaining Imation for movies or music.

Posts merged

QUOTE(Lazy007 @ Dec 17 2008, 03:57 AM) Hey I was trying to do the twilight hack and I can't figure out why I get this message after talking to the guy with Link:

Which is repeated over and over and even after leaving it for about 10 mins the messages continue.

After reading a few diff guides and watching tutorials on youtube I'm not sure what the problem is. I read in this thread on page forty something that someone said it was the SD card that was the problem, but they never said what?

Could someone tell me if I just need to buy a new SD card or is there something I have done wrong? Already asked one of the guys on youtube who made the tutorial and he suggested I come to a forum

Thanks in advance

Try formatting your card to fat16 and then try it again.

Lazy007

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zerof said:
Lucktle said:

I had nothing but trouble with Imation. Just go ahead and get yourself some quality DVD-R and use the remaining Imation for movies or music.

Posts merged

QUOTE(Lazy007 @ Dec 17 2008, 03:57 AM) Hey I was trying to do the twilight hack and I can't figure out why I get this message after talking to the guy with Link:

Thanks in advance

Yep have used the formatter program and SD card is FAT. Have just read elsewhere that you need to make sure that your SD card is large enough for some unzipping of files to occur after talking to the guy with link. So Does that mean if I get a 2gb card it should now work?

zerof

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lazy007 said:
zerof said:
Lucktle said:

Posts merged

Thanks in advance

Yep have used the formatter program and SD card is FAT. Have just read elsewhere that you need to make sure that your SD card is large enough for some unzipping of files to occur after talking to the guy with link. So Does that mean if I get a 2gb card it should now work?

512mb is big enough to work, unless you fill it up completely. When you say format program, do you mean the one in windows? I know there was another program that everyone would link to but I don't know where to download it, etc.

Lazy007

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zerof said:
Lazy007 said:
zerof said:
Lucktle said:

Posts merged

Thanks in advance

512mb is big enough to work, unless you fill it up completely. When you say format program, do you mean the one in windows? I know there was another program that everyone would link to but I don't know where to download it, etc.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=tQ6DiKUtztI&...47&index=1#

go to the vid desc and it give a link to it.

Ivoire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I read the wiki and it said Wario Land: Shake It! NTSC was good with .3 Gamma, but the video of my copy is lagging. Could it be a media issue?

Edit: Meh, I re-burned it onto a Verbatim and got the same results, ah well, at least the game-play works fine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    you go bro
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i know, i know, i'm late
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @BigOnYa, I'll rip a bag off my Volcano to that, brother
    +2
  • a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool:
    DDDS . Dual Developer Dedede System :)
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    also happy birthday @Xdqwerty
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is it me you're looking for?
  • MysticStarlight @ MysticStarlight:
    'Cause I wonder where you are
    wait I got the lyrics mixed up
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And I wonder what you do...Lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its all good, I'm here to talk to you.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hello
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing fallout4 all day, I went into a elevator and it kept going, never stopped, waited 5 minutes, must of been a bug. How bout you, whatcha do today?
    +1
    I'm wondering why a stray tuxedo cat has a cloudy eye
    I've been playing TOTK all day also
    +1
    Oh you reminded me of those elevator nightmares
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Awesome game, fun how they force you to build, but you can build as you want
    It is super fun, I actually prefer it over BoTW
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The guy holding the sign always cracked me up, esp when you fail, and it falls
    Ah yes, that guy lol. I still need to find all his signs. The game has a lot to do though so I don't know what to finish first
    I'm 120 hours in and am still like 44.4% done
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good times. Building is starting to get good around now for you. You making me want to make run thru again.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, enjoy your gaming, and avoid the lightning, or put your sword away. Good night.
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/E1U7Nlt.mp4 +1