Hacking Wii Disk Loaders Issues and Answers :

thegoron

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the info! And the link to WII DUMPER! Been looking for that bastard for ages.
wink.gif

pven

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I try to find a channel for Backuplauncher 0.3 gamma, but I am not able to find a download-link. Where can I find one? Thanks!
smile.gif

I know I can start the backuplauncher with B pressed, but that is not what I am looking for.

Quanze

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I set up my Wii for homebrew last weekend and everything worked without a hitch. Got the Homebrew Channel installed, ran CIOS installer, and the backup loader worked. I manged to play both Animal Crossing and Tales of Symphonia at different times. I go to try again today, and the system locks up whenever I try to run the loader. It gets stuck at the black screen with the logo on top and icon in the bottom left. Same thing happens with either disc, or no disc at all. Doesn't even load the menu. I also tried to run the CIOS installer again, but that locks the system at the first prompt screen (warning and "Press A"). My other homebrew stuff still works fine.

I've had WiiConnect24 and the auto update turned off for a long while now. I'm on 3.3U firmware, but that's what I was on when I installed everything the first time and had it all working. Any ideas on what could've happened or how to fix it? If I'm going to have to downgrade, what's the easiest method that won't mess with the few other things I have?

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
easiest method is in the 2nd link in my sig - but you may need to ask emperorOfCanada for the files - he had to remove the link
ohh and ur probably accidently updated while playing them games - they have one of the new IOS's

Pyrofyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've read a lot about book types, is there anything specific I should be using? This guide and others don't seem to say. I checked out the linked thing here and found some general information about it, but I don't wanna risk messing up like 20 times on my first try.

Is there anything more specific to know about this or a more in depth guide?

Also, I'm using 3.3 right now, and plan on burning Wario first.

Should I go back to 3.2 and will it wipe the Wii's memory? As of now I'm using a brand new Wii (just got it shipped from Nintendo) and although I have another one as a backup, I'd prefer to have both working, of course ;]

I hear good things about Starfall, but is it really a problem if you have 3.3, or is it something you'll only run into when fucking around? ATM I only really install WiiWare wads and plan on playing games. I have a PSP and a DS, so if I want to play old game emus I use those, and I don't feel like fishing around for apps for a console unless it's portable. >_>;

stevenrushing

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okies, I need an email address for djtaz and an email address for noobboy - the one with the 8 wad install - paypal email addy's please. I used noobboy's 8wad install and it worked! So some money coming to him for having what worked, and to djtaz for the work he put into helping me before. Would also like some quick help deleting what I don't need when you have a shot... I have like 5 loader channels and only two of them work, but I really only need one of them. They kinda clutter the place up if you know what I mean. =)

Pyrofyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dangit, my newer Wii is 3.4, downgrading is probably gonna be a pain in the arse too.

>:|

It's funny that this stuff is so simple but at the same time because so many guides say so many different things it just makes it so unnecessarily complicated @_@;

bin01

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
uhm i need some help here, you see i have the gamma loader and some backups, it works fine even when i use a pal game(using force ntsc channel), i downloaded Battalion Wars 2 PAL but when i set force ntsc it only shows a green screen and doesnt boot, if i use B rebooting it loads it as PAL and as result its displayed in play in black & white which is frying my eyes.

i have a NTSC 3.3U system, help anyone?

Pyrofyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why the heck isn't the following guide automatically pointed to? I got everything working within 10 minutes, and didn't end up with all the unnecessary garbage the other ones put on your machine.

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=118437

And the game works fine, when none of the others got it working.

God that saved hours of my time searching for crap.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
stevenrushing said:
Okies, I need an email address for djtaz and an email address for noobboy - the one with the 8 wad install - paypal email addy's please. I used noobboy's 8wad install and it worked! So some money coming to him for having what worked, and to djtaz for the work he put into helping me before. Would also like some quick help deleting what I don't need when you have a shot... I have like 5 loader channels and only two of them work, but I really only need one of them. They kinda clutter the place up if you know what I mean. =)

Your ok - just glad you got it working - since you used noobs system he gets all the credit so donate his direction if you really want to as im fine with just trying to help out.
Also - to remove channels - go to the wad manager and press - (minus) instead of plus to uninstall it and you should be on the path to a nicer clearer system (you need the wad u used to install the channel)

Posts merged

Pyrofyr said:
Why the heck isn't the following guide automatically pointed to? I got everything working within 10 minutes, and didn't end up with all the unnecessary garbage the other ones put on your machine.

[url=http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=118437][url=http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=118437]http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=118437[/url][/url]

And the game works fine, when none of the others got it working.

God that saved hours of my time searching for crap.

EmperorOfCanada wrote that - someone else reposted - the second link in my signature links to the original post and has done since the day he wrote it - i always keep everything people need in my signatures but not many bother clicking.

Posts merged
Pyrofyr said:

QUOTE(bin01 @ Dec 6 2008, 05:26 AM)
uhm i need some help here, you see i have the gamma loader and some backups, it works fine even when i use a pal game(using force ntsc channel), i downloaded Battalion Wars 2 PAL but when i set force ntsc it only shows a green screen and doesnt boot, if i use B rebooting it loads it as PAL and as result its displayed in play in black & white which is frying my eyes.

i have a NTSC 3.3U system, help anyone?

Some games just do that unfortunately. There really isnt a know way around it , though i would try (not very confident it will work though) waninkoko's IOS patcher and change the ios to ios249 and see if it makes any difference to the game ( wii.waninkoko.info ).
If it doesnt work , just try another game or download the NTSC version.

astr0z0mb1e

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

I am a total noob so forgive me if I do not name thing sproperly, but I had a few questions. I recently did the following to my Wii.

My specs:
-Firmware 3.1U [I do not connect to the web so I rented a copy of Super Smash Bros to get the this firmware to install the twilight hack.
-Added the backloader.
- Ran cIOS36rev7--->Installed Wad Manager 1.3
- I have burnt 3 games so far [Monoploy & Wii Music - PAL] & [Mario Kart -NTSC]

Here are my question(s);
- I can only burn on DVD+R with Imgburn. I changed the book type to DVD_R, but I still get an I/O error message. Is it okay if I use DVD+R with my Wii?
- When I am at the Gamma backloader menu & do the config. should I always change to NTSC force?
-Does playing the PAL games on an NTSC we do any damage? I have noticed that when I hit the HOME button on the PAL I get the black screen & the controller shuts off so I have to turn off the Wii on the console.
-Should I update from 3.1 to 3.2 or higer right now?

Thank you in advance for any help. This site has been a great knowledge source.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
astr0z0mb1e said:
- I can only burn on DVD+R with Imgburn. I changed the book type to DVD_R, but I still get an I/O error message. Is it okay if I use DVD+R with my Wii?
You need to change the booktype to DVD-Rom. DVD+R does work for some people , but not all - the media is a lot more fussy on DVD+R than DVD-R and the I/O error your getting is more than likely because of the DVD+R

astr0z0mb1e said:
- When I am at the Gamma backloader menu & do the config. should I always change to NTSC force?
You only need to force NTSC when using a PAL game - you should be ok other than that - some channels have force NTSC pre-set into them and it makes life easier.

astr0z0mb1e said:
-Does playing the PAL games on an NTSC we do any damage? I have noticed that when I hit the HOME button on the PAL I get the black screen & the controller shuts off so I have to turn off the Wii on the console.
No it doesnt do any damage. You wii isnt made for PAL games so the system may lock up , but its not damaging it.

QUOTE(astr0z0mb1e @ Dec 8 2008, 02:41 AM)
-Should I update from 3.1 to 3.2 or higer right now?
3.2 is the perfect system , but if your only going to be playing games then you can leave it on 3.1 since you have the gamma loader in already

did the cIOS install have any errors when you installed it ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    T @ Texasauras: SOLILOQUY