Hacking Wii Disk Loaders Issues and Answers :

iainfm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
zerof said:
So you're having trouble installing wads? Any error messages?

Nope...no trouble installing them (and no errors). They install fine, and appear on my main Wii screen, but when I run them the Wii just resets...

manuel88

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Guy I want to share my test ...sorry cuz My english.

Wii- 3.3U
Backup Loader- v3 gamma.
The new cIOS_instaler that comes with The Gamma Loader on Djtaz Files.

And This is the weird thing I have 3 Game

Spiderman WofS [PAL]
Mario Kart Wii [PAL]
Star Wars Force U. [PAL]

And I use Memorex DVD+R at 3x To burn them... and they all works 100%

Now My Question is..... How come there is people saying that we can not use DVD+R??
I'm just lil bit confuse about that...

RC89

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey i do need some help.

My firmware version is 3.4E.
I am alreade stock when i am trying to copy the Twilight Hack save file from SD Memory card to the wii system.
I get the message " That the copy can't be done" or something like that. I am sure that i took the right version, and do have the zelda game.
- Anyone who can help me?

RC89

zerof

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RC89 said:
Hey i do need some help.

My firmware version is 3.4E.
I am alreade stock when i am trying to copy the Twilight Hack save file from SD Memory card to the wii system.
I get the message " That the copy can't be done" or something like that. I am sure that i took the right version, and do have the zelda game.
- Anyone who can help me?

RC89

You have to downgrade, but you need the zelda hack to do it. Watch the forums for a fix..

zerof

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
manuel88 said:
Now My Question is..... How come there is people saying that we can not use DVD+R??

You can use DVD+R but you have to change the book type to DVD-Rom which your burner or software already does I guess..

manuel88

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zerof said:
manuel88 said:

You can use DVD+R but you have to change the book type to DVD-Rom which your burner or software already does I guess..
Well My software is not doing that I use Imburn and,,,,,,,[ My Burner] I dont know if it does that How can you tell when your burner change the Book Type?

xtreme1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im a bit of a noob but ill try to state my problems here:
1. both versions of fire emblem pal & ntsc freeze for me. the pal one loads until it finishes the opening cutscene and the ntsc one freezes whenever im entering a battle.
2. Dragon quest pal freezes after the first loading screen but occaisonally loads the first warning screen.
Im running gamma btw please help thank you

zerof

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
manuel88 said:
zerof said:
manuel88 said:

Well My software is not doing that I use Imburn and,,,,,,,[ My Burner] I dont know if it does that How can you tell when your burner change the Book Type?

ImgBurn.. Change Booktype (book icon)...

zerof

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xtreme1 said:
1. both versions of fire emblem pal & ntsc freeze for me. the pal one loads until it finishes the opening cutscene and the ntsc one freezes whenever im entering a battle.
2. Dragon quest pal freezes after the first loading screen but occaisonally loads the first warning screen.

Sure it's not a bad burn?
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=115819

joneboi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i really need help

It goes like this

1. I used almost every backup launcher, no luck
2. I re-installed cios a bunch
3. I'm using a Sony dvd+r but it says RW on the bottom left and i didn't know when i bought it that it doesn't work so i'm effed.
4. I put the speed on imgburn at x3 and i get the error

Can anyone point to the problem and the solution? I really need this

P.S. My dad is going to get pissed when i tell him it doesn't work so please help!
hate2.gif

zerof

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Get some DVD-R. And your dad will be pissed because you can't get a backup launcher you downloaded on the 'net to work?

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Davey_T said:
The channel says gamma so it must be bad isos/burns then. It is ok that i installed everything using the wad manager isnt it?
Try re-installing the cIOS for the gamma channel and see what happens - it may be bad burns alright , but worth a re-install just to be sure

Patryc said:
Are you sure Ditaz? My gamma plays Brawl DL
unsure.gif

Hmmm - in the compatibility thread they posted something about dual layer not working - i think even wiigator posted it. well done if yours works .. what region ?

QUOTE(iainfm @ Nov 18 2008, 09:33 PM)
Nope...no trouble installing them (and no errors). They install fine, and appear on my main Wii screen, but when I run them the Wii just resets...
What channels have you tried ? and have you tried going into the menu and trying different settings ? It sounds like theres a small bit of a corrupt file somewhere but tracking it down would be hard - one thing you could try if your willing to take a chance would be to use the ios downgrader and 'downgrade' to version 3.2 system and try re-installing things then - it should get you a new system menu and let you start from scratch with the loaders and hopefully clear any errors - on the other hand it may stop the whole thing working so its a coin flip
tongue.gif

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
manuel88 said:
Hey Guy I want to share my test ...sorry cuz My english.

Wii- 3.3U
Backup Loader- v3 gamma.
The new cIOS_instaler that comes with The Gamma Loader on Djtaz Files.

And This is the weird thing I have 3 Game

Spiderman WofS [PAL]
Mario Kart Wii [PAL]
Star Wars Force U. [PAL]

And I use Memorex DVD+R at 3x To burn them... and they all works 100%

Its not that you cant use them , its that most people have trouble using them - DVD-R always work - DVD+R work sometimes and dont work other times ... DVD-R are safer for troubleshooting and they work more often

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
joneboi said:
i really need help

It goes like this

1. I used almost every backup launcher, no luck
2. I re-installed cios a bunch
3. I'm using a Sony dvd+r but it says RW on the bottom left and i didn't know when i bought it that it doesn't work so i'm effed.
4. I put the speed on imgburn at x3 and i get the error

Can anyone point to the problem and the solution? I really need this

P.S. My dad is going to get pissed when i tell him it doesn't work so please help!
hate2.gif

1. you wont have luck if your using any re-writables - and dvd+r tend to be unreliable
2. again wont matter if the discs are wrong
3. ohh look , the discs are wrong - everyone recommends DVD-R ... if your not going to listen to them then stop asking questions
4. thats because the discs are wrong
(you may see the theme in the answers , if not .... the discs are wrong)

QUOTE(joneboi @ Nov 19 2008, 01:17 AM) no he'll get pissed cause he payed 20 bucks for the cds
I sincerely hope he bought DVD's unless someone released a kick ass compression and read system for wii that i havent heard about.

xtreme1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zerof said:
xtreme1 said:

Sure it's not a bad burn?
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=115819
well i burned the fire emblem ntsc with like 3 different burn speeds and all three failed at the first boss battle animation but my burner was acting weird a while back with a 5% error every time on imgburn

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
joneboi said:
can you please link me or tell me which dvd company or w.e. has always worked for you? also thank you for your time
I use Philips DVD-R 16x discs that i bought in the local shops in a stack of 100. I burn with nero at 4x speed and that works fine for me.
My friend used the exact same discs that she bought but they seem to burn at 8x which mine dont , but hers dont work when burning at 8x using my laptop and my nero.
I havent tried her discs at 4x to confirm yet , but i think the write speed was the only difference though obviously the discs themselves though they look the exact same , are also different.

Try to swap a +R disc for a -R disc from someone you know and see if it works - burn at 4x for the first one to be safe

twinillusion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi, after several attempts at doing this on my own i've come to the conclusion that i need some assistance
tongue.gif

i keep getting DVD Read Error (384) [yes 384 not the 324 everyone else seems to be getting]

i'm using the following:

WiiGator's BackupLauncher 0.3 Gamma
cIOS_Installer (it came in the same zip as the backup launcher)
Wii Version 3.3U

i backed up my Wii Sports and my new Call of Duty 5, both of which give me the same error.

any suggestions?

btw i'm using DVD-R's and burning them with Nero 8

manuel88

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zerof said:
manuel88 said:
zerof said:
manuel88 said:

ImgBurn.. Change Booktype (book icon)...
I know that but I never touch that Icon in my life so I dont how Those DVD works? did you get it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :rofl2::tpi::rofl2: I meant his eyes :tpi::rofl2::tpi:
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    :toot:blow me then @K3Nv2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I'm straight but you're more than welcome to blow ancientboi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    LOL, which straight person does not make gay jokes?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm straight but we can whack dicks together
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    nah, I'm gud over here, no need for sword fights

:glare:
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Dick slang
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    See ancientboi already has a crush on you
    [brings my ⚔️ ] On Guard :D:evil::wub:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Looks more like a dagger to me
    Pffffft I have a crush on everybody
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I see no problem, unless i happen to grow another gender one day. Too bad it ain't now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thought you already had both hotswappable gender fluid
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Enjoy whatever life chucks your way

:teach:
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Deeze nuts
    Dem Nutz
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    'Em nutters
    M&M nutz
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Slim anus nutter
    :unsure::unsure::unsure: I might go buy them M&M w/nuts. I gotta go out to pay the rent anyway
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Eat a Snickers!
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Almond Joys got nuts!
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Almond Joys got nuts!