Hacking Wii Disk Loaders Issues and Answers :

4.blaze.

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
djtaz said:
Congrats 4.blaze ... i did warn at the very start to ONLY USE DVD-R now didnt i ?
tongue.gif

Thanks man!

By the way, seems to be it's possible to burn also on DVD+R using ImgBurn and play with book-type option. I didn't try, but so says our collective-mind aka forum.

sj_wizard_94

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i'm going to the philippines in a month and i heard they have a lot of pirated games in the market if i purchase one and want to use one on my wii what will i need to have? will i need the backup launcher?

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
4.blaze. said:
djtaz said:
Congrats 4.blaze ... i did warn at the very start to ONLY USE DVD-R now didnt i ?
tongue.gif

Thanks man!

By the way, seems to be it's possible to burn also on DVD+R using ImgBurn and play with book-type option. I didn't try, but so says our collective-mind aka forum.

DVD+R's can work - but they are a f*cker to get going - excuse the language

QUOTE(sj_wizard_94 @ Nov 18 2008, 09:50 AM)
i'm going to the philippines in a month and i heard they have a lot of pirated games in the market if i purchase one and want to use one on my wii what will i need to have? will i need the backup launcher?

You will need either a mod chip or a back launcher - make sure the games you buy are legal though - we cant condone illegal activities

Mike83

Trophies
Website
gardensoccer.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
djtaz said:
Mike83 said:
djtaz said:
Mike83 said:
Hello.

I have no issues to post, but I figured with a thread full of them, a nice post wouldn't be in the wrong. I went from having a normal wii to having a wii with the homebrew channel and a working backup launcher in about an hour yesterday. Everything went smooth
biggrin.gif

lol thank god someone got this working - i was beginning to doubt my zips and how to ... erm you did use my zip didnt you ???
Ooh no, I don't think I did. Should I? I have WiiBackupv0.3b, is yours newer?

yes gamma is newer - always get the files on the day you try things - i update my files almost every day

tongue.gif
Ah. Just did the update, and again, no problems.
smile.gif

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I get DVD Read Error 324 when trying to load the Brawl DL disc I just burned. To test it I even tried using it with the proper Brawl retail disc, and even that gave me errors until it loaded once.

My Wii is the type that struggles to start Brawl (More DREs than successful loads) so that's why I'm getting it.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gaisuto said:
I get DVD Read Error 324 when trying to load the Brawl DL disc I just burned. To test it I even tried using it with the proper Brawl retail disc, and even that gave me errors until it loaded once.

My Wii is the type that struggles to start Brawl (More DREs than successful loads) so that's why I'm getting it.

Backuploader Gamma doesnt support dual layer discs - you will need to revert to Beta if you want dual layer discs for now

scotty100

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, new to all this (ish). I have the beta version installed and is working great thanks. I am a bit confused & worried about this NTSC and PAL thing though. If I have a PAL wii and have a NTSC game what setting should I be putting in the loader to stop it being black and white? Should I be using 'force NTSC' ?

Also, I have been burning averything onto DVD+r (Doh! I hear you say) and most of them are working. If I change to the gamma version would I have to reburn all the games I currently have?

FINALLY - If I have a PAL Wii, is it ok to use the gamma version from here http://www.iol.ie/~taz/WiiGatorGamma03.zip on my Wii? And, which would be the best loader to use as they all seem to be for NTSC as far as I could read...

Sorry for the load of questions but I feel like I am beginning to get out of my depth here.

Big thanks to all who have coded this bit of genius and who help on the forum.

TIA

Scotty100

Feanta

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi i want help on the developed because iam a 3d/2D Graphiker and Animator I hope I can join this great Project. And thx for the quick Answer

Davey_T

Trophies
XP
Country
Im having a few problems reading my backup discs using the backup launcher .3. I burn them all with imgburn at 4X with Verbatim-r. My wii is pal

Fifa 09(PAL): Works perfectly which is why im confused about the other games.

Tales Of Symphonia (NTSC): Is black and white. Any way to fix this? Iv tried forcing pal 50 and pal 60 but both freeze at a green screen.

Pikmin 2 (PAL): When i try to load this up it just turns my wii off and boots it back up again. No error codes or anything. I burned this the same as i do with my wii games. Is this the right way?

Call Of Duty 5 (PAL): The game's intro screen load up fine but after it says loading... the game gets an disc read error. I burnt this twice and the same thing happens

Shaun White Snowboarding (PAL): This gives a disc read error as soon as i use the backup launcher.

Any help will be great thanks

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
scotty100 said:
Hi, new to all this (ish). I have the beta version installed and is working great thanks. I am a bit confused & worried about this NTSC and PAL thing though. If I have a PAL wii and have a NTSC game what setting should I be putting in the loader to stop it being black and white? Should I be using 'force NTSC' ?
NO you need to force the NTSC game to play in PAL mode on your wii, so your forcing your wii to play Pal Mode.

scotty100 said:
Also, I have been burning averything onto DVD+r (Doh! I hear you say) and most of them are working. If I change to the gamma version would I have to reburn all the games I currently have?
Again No, if they work on beta they pretty much work on Gamma except dual layer discs. All you need to do to update is install the cIOS in the new zip below and install a channel you like and your done - simple update.

scotty100 said:
FINALLY - If I have a PAL Wii, is it ok to use the gamma version from here http://www.iol.ie/~taz/WiiGatorGamma03.zip on my Wii? And, which would be the best loader to use as they all seem to be for NTSC as far as I could read...
Where do you think my flag is from ?
tongue.gif
Most of the development on the loader is based in PAL regions so most of them come based on pal systems . The best channel to use is the new one by NeoRame for autoboot located here : http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=115...t=0&start=0 -- Download : Channel pack Wii-ish Style with Autoload (new fixed link)

QUOTE(scotty100 @ Nov 18 2008, 03:42 PM) Sorry for the load of questions but I feel like I am beginning to get out of my depth here.
Big thanks to all who have coded this bit of genius and who help on the forum.
Thats what the questions and answers section is for

QUOTE(scotty100 @ Nov 18 2008, 03:42 PM)
TIA
Scotty100

Your welcome and let us know how you got on

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Davey_T said:
Im having a few problems reading my backup discs using the backup launcher .3. I burn them all with imgburn at 4X with Verbatim-r. My wii is pal

You have installed things correctly if even one games works - the rest is compatibility
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=111809

Its either bad iso , a non compatible game or its a bad burn of a good iso - issue could be your burner as well.
Check with the lads on the compatibility thread id think - your install is good as long as you installed cIOS249 for gamma

Davey_T

Trophies
XP
Country
djtaz said:
Davey_T said:

You have installed things correctly if even one games works - the rest is compatibility
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=111809

Its either bad iso , a non compatible game or its a bad burn of a good iso - issue could be your burner as well.
Check with the lads on the compatibility thread id think - your install is good as long as you installed cIOS249 for gamma
Right. Iv looked on here and found out that the two games that give errors (COD 5 and Shaun White) say this in the notes box: Works perfectly (gamma) | "An error occurred, please remove the disc and power off" (beta)

Does this mean i have the beta and not the gamma launcher? :S. Thanks for your help

zerof

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only you can possibly know which you have.

Hold down 1 when launching a game and if it goes to a menu you have gamma.

Davey_T

Trophies
XP
Country
The channel says gamma so it must be bad isos/burns then. It is ok that i installed everything using the wad manager isnt it?

Patryc

Trophies
XP
Country
djtaz said:
Gaisuto said:

Backuploader Gamma doesnt support dual layer discs - you will need to revert to Beta if you want dual layer discs for now

Are you sure Ditaz? My gamma plays Brawl DL
unsure.gif

severednow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok just took the very desperate step of reformatting my Wii then starting over to get a clean start. Followed all instructions and still get the same error. I guess since I've now tried 4 different isos, 3 types of dvd-r's (including verbatim) and every speed my burner will take that the problem is in fact my burner
frown.gif
Just wish I had a way to test that and make sure

iainfm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

Firstly, thanks to everyone who took the time to put these great hacks together!
grog.gif

I'm still unable to get a backup channel working. I've tried the ones in the zip, and the 'Wii-ish' ones. Here's the history of my Wii:

Bought the other day from eBay. I think it's a fairly early one, as there are no remote jackets, and at least one wrist strap is the very thin thread.

It has system version 3.1E on it.

I think the previous owner formatted the system memory before selling it (it arrived like a virgin wii).

I installed the cIOS and iso loader from the previous version (0.3b), but was unable to get a backup channel then. They would install, but running them just rebooted the Wii.

Upgraded to 0.3g tonight - the cIOS and the loader - which works brilliantly (one game tried so far that wouldn't boot on 0.3b now boots). I still can't get a backup channel working though. Any ideas? Have I missed a step somewhere?

Cheers, and thanks again!
bow.gif

zerof

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
severednow said:
Ok just took the very desperate step of reformatting my Wii then starting over to get a clean start. Followed all instructions and still get the same error. I guess since I've now tried 4 different isos, 3 types of dvd-r's (including verbatim) and every speed my burner will take that the problem is in fact my burner
frown.gif
Just wish I had a way to test that and make sure

A little more info? What errors are you getting? Are you checking the compatibility wiki?

zerof

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
iainfm said:
Hi,

Firstly, thanks to everyone who took the time to put these great hacks together!
grog.gif

I'm still unable to get a backup channel working. I've tried the ones in the zip, and the 'Wii-ish' ones. Here's the history of my Wii:

Bought the other day from eBay. I think it's a fairly early one, as there are no remote jackets, and at least one wrist strap is the very thin thread.

It has system version 3.1E on it.

I think the previous owner formatted the system memory before selling it (it arrived like a virgin wii).

I installed the cIOS and iso loader from the previous version (0.3b), but was unable to get a backup channel then. They would install, but running them just rebooted the Wii.

Upgraded to 0.3g tonight - the cIOS and the loader - which works brilliantly (one game tried so far that wouldn't boot on 0.3b now boots). I still can't get a backup channel working though. Any ideas? Have I missed a step somewhere?

Cheers, and thanks again!
bow.gif

So you're having trouble installing wads? Any error messages?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, ohkay