Hacking Wii Disk Loaders Issues and Answers :

Nintendog66

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
djtaz said:
have you tried re-installing WiiGators cIOS Installer with read retry fix ?
Its number 2 in the apps in my zip file of compiled installers.

Ok so what's that? I have the cIOS installed using Wiigator's installer he released with the Backup launcher 0.3, and I'm using the Backup Launcher channel(with auto-boot) installed. What do i have to do?

I'm downloading the file right now.

becker2384

Trophies
Website
myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
Thanks Djtaz for your help. I'm not sure what the problem was but it works now. I uninstalled most everything cept homebrew channel and re-installed everything including the safe update. then it still gave me the same problem and told me to consult the Wii owners manual. then I booted the tgamed through the homebrew channel- boot loader and not the bootloader channel and that worked. so here I am two weeks later and about 15 DVD+R's wasted (DVD-R's worked the First time!) Playing Mario Galaxy! WOOHOO! Thanks WiiGator and Everyone else that has made all this possible. now to burn Metroid Corruption!
grog.gif

Nintendog66

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Djtaz, I ran the new cIOS installer and still nothing, I get the same results in Tales of Symphonia but in Paper Mario the safety message and the "Hold the Wiimote sideways" message shows up then it freezes on a black screen...

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
becker2384 said:
Thanks Djtaz for your help. I'm not sure what the problem was but it works now. I uninstalled most everything cept homebrew channel and re-installed everything including the safe update. then it still gave me the same problem and told me to consult the Wii owners manual. then I booted the tgamed through the homebrew channel- boot loader and not the bootloader channel and that worked. so here I am two weeks later and about 15 DVD+R's wasted (DVD-R's worked the First time!) Playing Mario Galaxy! WOOHOO! Thanks WiiGator and Everyone else that has made all this possible. now to burn Metroid Corruption!
grog.gif
There are some new channels out at the moment that should work with v0.3 if you want to try them - i have some in my zip now and ill be updating it again tomorrow once i test 1 or 2 things.

Glad your up and running - well done.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Nintendog66 said:
Djtaz, I ran the new cIOS installer and still nothing, I get the same results in Tales of Symphonia but in Paper Mario the safety message and the "Hold the Wiimote sideways" message shows up then it freezes on a black screen...

Tales of Symphonia : Knights of Ratatosk Works Yes NTSC-J - its been confirmed working by 2 people so prob not the game.

im going to be testing out a system someone posted to get version 1 working at the same time as version 3 of the loader - if it works out ok tomorrow ill add it to my zip files for download.
That should resolve your problem if you have version 1 and version 3 of the loader running

Ill update my sig when i have it online.

Nintendog66

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well the problem is that it used to work perfectly until 2 days ago then it stopped working... I don't know why, I burned the game 2 times again and nonne of the new disks worked...

ultragunner

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have a Wii NTSC-J with no internet connection. Will CIOS installer work without internet connection??. I tried several times to install CIOS, it says "Network not initialized". Does this work with a WII Japanese console??

MainframeF4

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
sentinel5000 said:
Sstew said:
sentinel5000 said:
Ok, I have Mario kart scrubbed NTSC-U, ImgBurn 2.4.1 and DVD-R. What do I need to do in the program (imgburn) for the disc to work on the wii?? Thanks in advance!

Burn it at 4x-8x speed,

So I just click on the "Write image file to disc" option on IMG and put 4x in the speed? Is that all needed?

Also, in the wiki for compatibility, what does yes/no means under the column of 1:1??

Your settings are all set. Now just hit burn and you should be playing in minutes.

1:1 in the Wiki means a game that is an original ISO to disk burn and not a patched game. If its a patched game, the 1:1 will be "no".

Enjoy Mario Kart
smile.gif

haunted6108

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ultragunner said:
I have a Wii NTSC-J with no internet connection. Will CIOS installer work without internet connection??. I tried several times to install CIOS, it says "Network not initialized". Does this work with a WII Japanese console??

No. You need and Internet connection to use Cios installer

VLinh

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
m having trouble finding the book type for my DVD+R could someone tell me where to find the DVD-ROM option is?

Nintendog66

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Oh my god... What is happening to my Wii!?!? Now it doesn't read Guitar Hero WT anymore... after loading it goes to a black screen then goes back to the Wii Menu...

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
agn015 said:
I keep getting an "exception(DSI) occurred!" error. Is this my media or is my backup loader installed incorrectly?
Thats a loader issue - try re-installing it id think.

manuel88

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
agn015 said:
I keep getting an "exception(DSI) occurred!" error. Is this my media or is my backup loader installed incorrectly?
Hey the same thing was happening to me and here is how i fixed take out the SD card and use the Channel insted of the one In the HBC but that error was happening with just one of my games (SupeR mario sluggers) thats what I did but I dont get it why when I take it out it works but when is in it doesn't..... try it..

eliter1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I cannot get the backup loader to work
mad.gif

I installed the loader and the CIOS, I was trying to boot Mario Sluggers patched and Unpatched and none worked. I downloaded Wii Music and burned it at 3x speed using Imgburn and I keep getting the DVD Error. Anyone have any ideas why I cannot get this to work.

EDIT: I am using the Backup loader Channel on my 3.3u Wii

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Can you tell us what you did to install ?
What type of discs your using ?
What speeds are you burning at and what program are you using ?
If your patching or not ?
Have you checked compatibility lists ?
is you wii NTSC or PAl and is the Game NTSC or Pal ?
Was the game downloaded or backed up through the wii ?

eliter1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
djtaz said:

I installed it through the HBC, Channel first then the CIOS
I have TDK DVD-R
I am using IMGBURN and burned Wii music at 3x speed
Wii music is not Patched
Compatibility List has it as green
I have a NTSC Wii and the game is NTSC
I downloaded the game.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
eliter1 said:
djtaz said:

I have TDK DVD-R
Wii music is not Patched
I downloaded the game.

Ok everything there looks to be ok except that you installed the channel first and then the cIOS

The cIOS is the operating system - the Channel sits on top of that afterwards so you need to do the cIOS first and the Channel after.
Did you follow any guide when doing this or just get the files and install away ?

Theres a How to in the zip file in my signature if you need it - and all files are there too in case your missing anything

Try the cIOS again - uninstall the channel and then re-install it - and try that way.

eliter1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
djtaz said:
eliter1 said:
djtaz said:

I have TDK DVD-R
Wii music is not Patched
I downloaded the game.

Ok everything there looks to be ok except that you installed the channel first and then the cIOS

The cIOS is the operating system - the Channel sits on top of that afterwards so you need to do the cIOS first and the Channel after.
Did you follow any guide when doing this or just get the files and install away ?

Theres a How to in the zip file in my signature if you need it - and all files are there too in case your missing anything

Try the cIOS again - uninstall the channel and then re-install it - and try that way.

Tried that and still no luck. I followed your guide to install the IOS and Channel, I already had the HBC installed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    S @ salazarcosplay: good morning everyone