Hacking Wii Disk Loaders Issues and Answers :

keter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Either 3.3v1(june 2008) or 3.3v2(july 2008). The compatibility wiki says that brawl DVD9 works with the cIOS quickfix, but I still get a disk read error half way in the opening.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
keter said:
djtaz said:
Q : I have heard talk about a Cios_fix - what is it ?
A : Its a modification to Wanikokos Cios file that lets you play more of the backed up games. It works with both Waninkokos loader and wiigators loader , but with wiigators you need to change the type from VI to GB PAD in the config before launching the game.

Does the cIOS_fix refer to the read retry fix by WiiGator in your signature? Or does it refer to cIOS36_rev6 by waninkoko?

I had IOS36-64-v1042.wad on the SD card root and used WAD manager 1.3 to install cIOS36_rev6 but I get a no disk error when trying to use the backup launcher. How do I install IOS36_rev6?
No the cOIS_fix for loader V0.1 does not refer to the read retry fix for the v0.3 beta loader - the installer for the read retry is in the cIOS_Installer in apps under boot.dol - and the previous version of it is in the folder call old.
There is a READ ME by wiigator in that folder

keter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for the fast reply. Where can I get a copy of the cIOS quickfix that was mentioned in the compatibility wiki for 0.3?

becker2384

Trophies
Website
myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
OK after over two weeks of trying to burn Mario Galaxy I think I've finally done it. I have been using DVD+R with no success, no matter what I did. I went ouot and got some DVD-R's and I think it worked except now I get this message after the game starts to boot.

"The Game Disc could not be read. Please read the Wii Operations Manual for more information."

I've always got the Could not identify message before. I'm using an NTSC Wii with an NTSC iso. Firmware is 3.3 strangely cause I haven't updated to the new update. Any ideas?

sonicboom510

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great Guide. It really helped me installing the new backup loader, but I'm a bit stuck in a few places.

I used your prepacked zip file to install the new loader along with your "How-To" instruction notepad. I'm at the point where I have to pick a back-up loader of my choice. I chose the "BackupChannel_0.3.wad" file, but not the other ones included.

At this point, I have the new Backup loader channel on my Wii Menu. I have not burned any .ISO's yet, so there is no disk in my Wii. When I went to start the Backup loader, it just hangs at the "loading" part. Is it suppose to hang at the "loading" part? Or am I suppose to get in the Wiigator menu?

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
sonicboom510 said:
Great Guide. It really helped me installing the new backup loader, but I'm a bit stuck in a few places.

I used your prepacked zip file to install the new loader along with your "How-To" instruction notepad. I'm at the point where I have to pick a back-up loader of my choice. I chose the "BackupChannel_0.3.wad" file, but not the other ones included.

At this point, I have the new Backup loader channel on my Wii Menu. I have not burned any .ISO's yet, so there is no disk in my Wii. When I went to start the Backup loader, it just hangs at the "loading" part. Is it suppose to hang at the "loading" part? Or am I suppose to get in the Wiigator menu?
In the most recent Zip file , which i assume is the one you have , the BackupChannel_0.3.wad is the one by Forsaekn whcih skips the Wiigators menu and goes straight into the game.
If you press B while loading you get the Menu.

If you want the older style of menu where the wiigator menu shows , its in the folder called OLD in the wad menu - you can take it out of that and install if you wish ... to uninstall the older on just press minus when its selected on the wad manager.

The How To says :

..........Stage 2 complete !

+ Backup Channels : (Press B to get to options on these)

BackupChannel_0.3.wad file (Thanks Shadowmoses & Tgames & Forsaekn) - image here : http://www.iol.ie/~taz/wiiimage/BackupChannel_0.3.wad.jpg
BackupChannel_0.3-ForceNTSC.wad (This one is for those with NTSC) - image : as above but for NTSC systems
BackupChannel_0.3-ForceNTSCvipatch.wad (I really dont know about this one) image : as above
(in old folder - BackupLoaderChannel0.3.wad - loads up wiigators menu - no autoload function)

WiiGator3_Channel_by_WiiShizzza.wad (WiiShizza made this one - thanks man) image : image : http://www.iol.ie/~taz/wiiimage/WiiGator3_...Shizzza.wad.jpg

WiiGator.3_IronMasK_Channel.wad (My good buddy IronMask decided to get back into the swing and threw this one together - good to have him back on the scene)
image : http://www.iol.ie/~taz/wiiimage/WiiGator.3...Channel.wad.jpg

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Screemer said:
have you installed cios rev6, cios by wiigator ore cios_retry_fix?

I think its all working fine for him - just the new channels skip that wiigators loader screen with the options by default and load up as normal so he does need a disc.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
No problems - all we ask is that you try to help out others if you can answer their issues and pass it all on to the community
biggrin.gif

Good to see your up and running.

becker2384

Trophies
Website
myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
becker2384 said:
OK after over two weeks of trying to burn Mario Galaxy I think I've finally done it. I have been using DVD+R with no success, no matter what I did. I went ouot and got some DVD-R's and I think it worked except now I get this message after the game starts to boot.

"The Game Disc could not be read. Please read the Wii Operations Manual for more information."

I've always got the Could not identify message before. I'm using an NTSC Wii with an NTSC iso. Firmware is 3.3 strangely cause I haven't updated to the new update. Any ideas?

HELP! I'm going CRAZY trying to do this.

sentinel5000

Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, I have Mario kart scrubbed NTSC-U, ImgBurn 2.4.1 and DVD-R. What do I need to do in the program (imgburn) for the disc to work on the wii?? Thanks in advance!

Sstew

GBAtemp's Grim Reaper.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
sentinel5000 said:
Ok, I have Mario kart scrubbed NTSC-U, ImgBurn 2.4.1 and DVD-R. What do I need to do in the program (imgburn) for the disc to work on the wii?? Thanks in advance!

Burn it at 4x-8x speed,

Sstew

GBAtemp's Grim Reaper.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
becker2384 said:
becker2384 said:

Use the latest backup loader, Burn on DVD-R (Verbatim preferably) at 4x-8x speed, Try it scrubbed and unscrubbed.
One of those should work,

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
becker2384 said:
becker2384 said:

Have any other games worked ? It may be a bad ISO that you have
Did you back it up yourself or did you download a version ?

The Disc could not be read may also be a missing file during install so we need to know what version of installer your using and what you did EXACTLY to install it if theres still a problem.

eliter1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I installed v.3 Beta Channel and the required IOS on my 3.3u but I get a DVD Error. I burned Mario Super Sluggers with Book Type DVD-R on a DVD+R. Tried patched and unpatched and no luck, could be the DVD's but I wanted to know if this error could be attributed to something else.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/vKQN3UiNNHY?si=fP6ZlFe-DhQf9SW7