Hacking Wii disc dumper v1.0 released by nitrotux

Kaer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wireless B is rated for 11Mbit/s

Now if you translate that into bytes you get the following: 11Mbits / 8 (Because there's 8 bits in a byte)

= 1.375Mbytes/s or 1375Kbytes/s

Since you'll never get rated speed, you should still be able to transfer @ ~300-400Kbytes/s.

There's a few things that can affect speed and range of your wireless router.

- Height. If you're upstairs and your router is downstairs you might have problems with reception and can't transmit as fast. Try to stay on the same floor as the router if possible.

- Other electronic equipment . If there's any nearby electronic near the router, it might interfere. Like example if you have a CRT monitor and your router is right next to it, you could be losing signal strength due to electromagnetic interference. Try to keep it a couple of feet or more away.

- Try to use optimal channels. Channels 1, 3, 6, 9, 11 are apparently the better channels to use (unless your router is particular and has to use a specific channel for the Wii to work with it, like the Linksys WRT54G). And don't forget to turn off Automatic Channel selection.

- Encryption. Do not use WEP, use WPA or WPA2. WEP is weak and doesn't provide you with optimal transfer speed. For a reason or another, WEP is the slowest of the encryption protocols.

- Other wireless stuff. Portable phones to be precise, make sure they're not using the channel are your wireless router as they do use the same frequency if your cordless phone is 2.4Ghz.

Got a plasma tv? Try turning it off while transferring.

Gnac

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Awwwlright, this may come across as "noobish" in some aspects, but I have a few queries regarding outputted disc images. My only interest in this is to extract the RAW audio streams from games which do not have soundtrack releases, to convert them to MP3 (for example, PangYa!, BurnOut 2).

I used CaitSith2's "wiidumpsd_1.3_unofficial" to extract the PAL "PangYa! Golf with Style" disc. After combining the dumped parts as explained early in this thread, I attempted to open the ISO in WinRAR, which was met with an error. Several specific ISO browsing tools also gave an error, though I understand from some posts in this thread that this may not be the fault of the dumping tools, so is there perhaps any sort of encryption layer that's stopping me from browsing these images?

EDIT: redundancy in paragraphs

Condukt365

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gnac said:
Awwwlright, this may come across as "noobish" in some aspects, but I have a few queries regarding outputted disc images. My only interest in this is to extract the RAW audio streams from games which do not have soundtrack releases for conversion to MP3 (for example, PangYa!, BurnOut 2).

I used CaitSith2's "wiidumpsd_1.3_unofficial" to extract the PAL "PangYa! golf with Style" disc. After combining the dumped parts as explained early in this thread, I attempted to open the ISO in WinRAR, which was met with an error. Several specific ISO browsing tools also gave an error, though I understand from some posts in this thread that this may not be the fault of the dumping tools, so is there perhaps any sort of encryption layer that's stopping me from browsing these images?

EDIT: redundancy in paragraphs
The Wii ISOs are different than a standard DVD ISO.

I get errors attempting to open them in programs as well. However, they have no problem loading for me in the Dolphin emulator.

The Wii Scrubber program can also open these ISOs, but as far as saving individual files, I'm not sure.

NIMIKQ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok, I have successfully dumped some gamecube games, but when I burn them the banner shows up but when I press the start button on the disk channel it just freezes on a black screen. I have a Wiikey, and the files are all the right size. I dont know what is wrong.

Gnac

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Condukt365 said:
The Wii Scrubber program can also open these ISOs, but as far as saving individual files, I'm not sure.

This and HCS's in_cube for Winamp did the trick, thanks. I can finally make some obscure game audio available!

djcraze

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there anyway to stop getting the message:
"Error accepting content connection: Content-Length: *wii_disk_size_here*"
that way, when I rip a game and leave it on.. I know the game ripped 100% with no Sector problems..

21ab879867412db00f71f73b56880c8d.png

Thanks

jbloggs

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I haven't tried this tool/utility yet, but just wanted to say Wow, there are some very talented people here. I applaud your contribution to the Wii community. Keep up the excellent work.

also I see may links to the tool, but not sure which is the latest and greatest. If someone can point me to the latest release I would really appreciate it.

TIA

serpantor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just registered today to give a huge shout out to everyone who put this together! HTPP dumping works great. I'm always on here sniffing around for info but never post anything. Had to register to say thanx.

warlord007

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
what am i doing wrong
blink.gif

i have been trying the http version and at max i can get 70KB transfer speed, (18 hrs per disk ) you lot seem to be getting 400KB +

i have installed and tried both IOS's , the latest version of the app and tried both wireless and the usb adapter to connect to the http server, also tried original wii sports and CSI running XP with sp2.

and i have also tried it with Firefox 3.01 and IE.

still the best speed i can get is 70KB but that drops to around 55-60KB after a couple of minutes

anyone got any other suggestions i could try ?

thanks

warlord

btw great app many thanks to all the developers

nehe32

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
linkinworm said:
i tried to dump the gamecube freeloader but the size of it was about 1.3gb is that the actualy size of the freeloader, im sure it wasnt that big
you do realize this dumps an iso, right? so it reads EVERY sector of the disc and dumps it to a file even if that sector contains no data. thats why every GC ISO (unshrunk etc) will always be 1,459,978,240 bytes. the size of the ISO wont change

linkinworm

Trophies
XP
Country
nehe32 said:
linkinworm said:
i tried to dump the gamecube freeloader but the size of it was about 1.3gb is that the actualy size of the freeloader, im sure it wasnt that big
you do realize this dumps an iso, right? so it reads EVERY sector of the disc and dumps it to a file even if that sector contains no data. thats why every GC ISO (unshrunk etc) will always be 1,459,978,240 bytes. the size of the ISO wont change
yea i know it makes an iso, i was useing the wifidumper, i thought it might just dump the shrunken image

MizuhoChan

Trophies
Website
mii.nanodesu.org
XP
Country
If a Wiikey 1.9s is set to 6x, does it actually read at 6x? Because of the 400kbps people get, I only get half that and someone in another thread said the 6x thing was broken.

Cermage

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
nice app caitsith. i average around 350-420kb/s even though my router is right next to my wii and my pc is directly connected to the router. takes a little under 3 hours to dump the game. has anyone tried a direct connection to the wii yet and see how fast they go? if it goes any faster i will have to look into getting a usb to lan adaptor or something.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :O:rofl2: +1