Gaming Wii Demo Channel

pimpyT

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Xbox Live has their demos and I'm pretty sure the PS3 has its as well. Why not the Wii? (Please don't mention the lack of a HD.) When I first got my Wii and went to the Wii Shopping Channel, I was so excited to see a Channel for Metroid 3 that was free. I downloaded it and eagerly attached my nunchuck to the wiimote and was hoping to play the demo, only disappointed to find some short videos.

I would love to see a Demo Channel on the Wii and I've only heard rumors of it from long ago. How great would it be to be able to download a demo of SMG or Zelda or Metroid or 3rd party games? I've got an empty 2Gig SD card sitting in my Wii just anxiously waiting to be filled with something. Demos would fit nicely!

sekhu

moo?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
you said don't mention it, but it has to be mentioned, lack of space - having said that, apparently there will be downloadable content for guitar hero 3 on the wii

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Game demos are huge now a days. Unless Nintendo releases an official external harddrive, you will never see game demos on the Wii. 500 MBs (which a chunk is already used for channels and such) is just not enough for Wii demos. Heck, add some virtual console games in and WiiWare games, and it'll be filled up in no time flat.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I haven't played my Switch n a month or so, just been playing Xbox, and just picked to play lil...