Hardware Wii Component Problem Output after Installing Wiikey

Sadranyc

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EDIT : Fixed it! I just bought a new cable... and it worked, so it wasn't the wii after all.

Hi guys, New to the forums
smile.gif

You see, the other day I had my wiikey installed professionally with a direct on-board installation (no wire problems then
wink.gif
).. and everything went fine.. I updated to 1.9g after directly burning the update to a DVD and played Mario Galaxy a while in my old tv with the composite cables.

The problem is, before installing the wiikey I had my wii connected to my LCD downstairs by component and they always worked well. Since I installed the chip component output doesn't work, I mean, I get the "no signal" message in my tv, but stranger is that I get audio. I really don't know what to do with this. I already fixed date and time, which usually screws everything else.... but really in a LCD, composite video looks awful...

I would really appreciate any ideas on the subject. Thanks for your time =)

Puxel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sadranyc said:
Hi guys, New to the forums
smile.gif

You see, the other day I had my wiikey installed professionally with a direct on-board installation (no wire problems then
wink.gif
).. and everything went fine.. I updated to 1.9g after directly burning the update to a DVD and played Mario Galaxy a while in my old tv with the composite cables.

The problem is, before installing the wiikey I had my wii connected to my LCD downstairs by component and they always worked well. Since I installed the chip component output doesn't work, I mean, I get the "no signal" message in my tv, but stranger is that I get audio. I really don't know what to do with this. I already fixed date and time, which usually screws everything else.... but really in a LCD, composite video looks awful...

I would really appreciate any ideas on the subject. Thanks for your time =)

The time and date are saved on a small battery under the wii. To install the wiikey you have to remove it, so thats not really an issue. about the composite cables, im not sure either. I had a cheap pair that worked fine for a while, but then the reds wouldn't show up on the screen. I havent bought a new pair yet, but I'm considering getting a VGA.

Sadranyc

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@sidneyyoung: I can't set it to 480p because I get no video display with component cables, only with composite...

@Puxel: What I find strange is that they stopped working right after I installed wiikey, I haven't had the chance to test them with another wii yet (which I'm gonna do later). The cable I have is Nyko Component Cable Wii so they were not really cheap...

EDIT: I just tried with another wii in my same tv and got the same result... So the cables must be the problem... I'll try buying a new set tomorrow and let you now about the result guys... strange thing is they stopped working after installing the wiikey

EDIT 2: Fixed it! I just bought a new cable... and it worked, so it wasn't the wii after all.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4