Wii Component Problem Output after Installing Wiikey

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by Sadranyc, Mar 9, 2008.

1. Sadranyc
    OP

Sadranyc Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 9, 2008
    United States
    EDIT : Fixed it! I just bought a new cable... and it worked, so it wasn't the wii after all.

Hi guys, New to the forums [​IMG]

You see, the other day I had my wiikey installed professionally with a direct on-board installation (no wire problems then [​IMG]).. and everything went fine.. I updated to 1.9g after directly burning the update to a DVD and played Mario Galaxy a while in my old tv with the composite cables.

The problem is, before installing the wiikey I had my wii connected to my LCD downstairs by component and they always worked well. Since I installed the chip component output doesn't work, I mean, I get the "no signal" message in my tv, but stranger is that I get audio. I really don't know what to do with this. I already fixed date and time, which usually screws everything else.... but really in a LCD, composite video looks awful...

I would really appreciate any ideas on the subject. Thanks for your time =)

2. sidneyyoung

sidneyyoung GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 29, 2006
    Bangladesh
    You have got the wii set to 480p in the sttings ?

3. Puxel

Puxel GBAtemp Regular

Dec 7, 2007
    United States

The time and date are saved on a small battery under the wii. To install the wiikey you have to remove it, so thats not really an issue. about the composite cables, im not sure either. I had a cheap pair that worked fine for a while, but then the reds wouldn't show up on the screen. I havent bought a new pair yet, but I'm considering getting a VGA.

4. Sadranyc
    OP

Sadranyc Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 9, 2008
    United States
    @sidneyyoung: I can't set it to 480p because I get no video display with component cables, only with composite...

@Puxel: What I find strange is that they stopped working right after I installed wiikey, I haven't had the chance to test them with another wii yet (which I'm gonna do later). The cable I have is Nyko Component Cable Wii so they were not really cheap...

EDIT: I just tried with another wii in my same tv and got the same result... So the cables must be the problem... I'll try buying a new set tomorrow and let you now about the result guys... strange thing is they stopped working after installing the wiikey

EDIT 2: Fixed it! I just bought a new cable... and it worked, so it wasn't the wii after all.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice