Hacking Wii can't read Dual Layered discs

EnigmaXtreme

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I just got my copies of Xenoblade and Last Story and neither of them were able to load, I kept getting this "Unable to read the disc" error. I tried some other games, including Wii Sports, Epic Mickey USA version and the game I purchased alongside the other two, Pandora's Tower and all of them worked fine

Then I put in Smash Bros and I got the same error. This has never happened before and it seems to be an issue with Dual Layered, can anyone tell me is this due to a cios i installed?

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
Not that I know of. You could always download it (technically piracy but you did already pay for it) and play it from USB though.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
This has never happened before and it seems to be an issue with Dual Layered, can anyone tell me is this due to a cios i installed?
Probably not, but you can confirm by trying to run the game from the disc channel (i.e. using standard IOSs, not cIOSs)

wiismodrome

flubber
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
This has never happened before and it seems to be an issue with Dual Layered, can anyone tell me is this due to a cios i installed?

Sounds like an issue with the drive.

A clean laser lens is the first place to start. However, reading dual layer discs requires more precise calibration of the drive's laser pickup than reading single layer discs. I was able to get one problematic drive to reliably read dual layer discs (e.g. Super Smash Bros. Brawl) by carefully adjusting the spindle motor screws. These three screws adjust both the relative angle and distance between the laser and the disc's surface. Reliable dual layer reading requires this relationship to be fine-tuned within a fairly narrow tolerance.

http://www.mmmonkey....r/wii-noise.htm

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
I´m in my second lens, they didn´t last 1 year and stop working for DL games, I hope Wii U lens to be more reliable, Wii always has hard time reading DL discs.

secretchaos1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My lens died out fairly quickly, so I've used USB loading ever since. I know a friend who's wii has never been able to load DL discs, even after cleaning his console multiple times. If the issue starts coming up again and you can't seem to get around it, I'd suggest switching to USB for atleast your DL games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1