Hardware Wii Broke My USB Please Help

Wind47

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi I just got a new usb and I tried to put it in my wii's usb slot (the correct one) I loaded up CFG just like normal and then I installed the disk and started mario kart wii. It was sitting on booting game please wait after a while i turned it off and tried usb loader gx. When it opened it instantly froze. I waited for a bit and shut it off. I did some research about booting game please wait and then I put the usb in my computer and realized it didn't show up. After a while of searching about how to make my usb show up I finally came to this post.

Wind47

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll just show you a screenshot here
ac5c1ba6f55f1669b0ab71fb8baabe87.png

https://gyazo.com/ac5c1ba6f55f1669b0ab71fb8baabe87

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"No Media" makes no sense. That should only appear if it's e.g. an SD reader and there's no card.

...unless it's a really terrible flash drive that's actually a microSD reader internally, and the card got loose.

jtvjan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The Sandisk is actually really good (It's my main USB), yours is just defective. What's happening is that the device controller can't communicate with the NAND. For you, this is unfixable. There are (really expensive) services that can get the data off the drives, but the data probably isn't import enough to shell out a lot of cash for it. Do you still have warranty? You should get it replaced then. Otherwise, you're out of luck and have to buy a new one.

FankThuck

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys, sorry to bump an old topic but I would just like to note that my Wii has ate 2 of my usb sticks now. Both Sandisk Ultra Fit 64GB. (Simular to Cruzer) It's blowing the chip.
First time it was ate; plug the usb into the laptop and it would show F:/ Drive but with no media. Then it stopped showing that all together. Windows is unable to communicate with this usb device. or something like that (Dead)

Yesterday I exchanged it at the shop and asked them why/if its a common problem. They replied not common, perhaps it was defected.
Put it in the Wii last night with games from Wii Backup Manager, working fine. Tried again this morning... not initialising USB HDD... Plug into the computer and same thing. But atleast this time its recognising the drive but showing it as 0KB and when plugged in, acts like a floppy drive when clicked (Insert drive into F:/). Never mind.... as I was writing this it has just popped up like the first one did... "USB Device not recognised - The last USB device you connected to this computer malfunctioned, and Windows does not recognise it."

Time to take it back and get my money back.

Dontuuch17

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys, sorry to bump an old topic but I would just like to note that my Wii has ate 2 of my usb sticks now. Both Sandisk Ultra Fit 64GB. (Simular to Cruzer) It's blowing the chip.
First time it was ate; plug the usb into the laptop and it would show F:/ Drive but with no media. Then it stopped showing that all together. Windows is unable to communicate with this usb device. or something like that (Dead)

Yesterday I exchanged it at the shop and asked them why/if its a common problem. They replied not common, perhaps it was defected.
Put it in the Wii last night with games from Wii Backup Manager, working fine. Tried again this morning... not initialising USB HDD... Plug into the computer and same thing. But atleast this time its recognising the drive but showing it as 0KB and when plugged in, acts like a floppy drive when clicked (Insert drive into F:/). Never mind.... as I was writing this it has just popped up like the first one did... "USB Device not recognised - The last USB device you connected to this computer malfunctioned, and Windows does not recognise it."

Time to take it back and get my money back.
I just don't think the Wii likes the ultra fits.

I have a 32GB version and I could never get any games (Wii/GC) to go past a black screen in usb loader gx. Later when I tried to use it in my laptop, I got some write synchronization error and then tried to format, but that failed. After that, i had to open easeus and then try to format it there, but somehow the drive became RAW. I then had to rebuild the partition and it finally worked again.

Don't really trust it anymore though....

D

Deleted User

Hi I just got a new usb and I tried to put it in my wii's usb slot (the correct one) I loaded up CFG just like normal and then I installed the disk and started mario kart wii. It was sitting on booting game please wait after a while i turned it off and tried usb loader gx. When it opened it instantly froze. I waited for a bit and shut it off. I did some research about booting game please wait and then I put the usb in my computer and realized it didn't show up. After a while of searching about how to make my usb show up I finally came to this post.
The usb you are using is no longer usable with any Wii usb loader (nintendont doesn’t apply) if you get a new one, just make sure you add the games from your pc ONLY, or else, the same error will happen again. Since the normal usb can’t handle read and write at the same time while loading big files such as Wii games, they insta die

D

Deleted User

I haven't used a usb stick on a wii since the wbfs days. AFAIK external usb hard drives are the only thing recommended.
You can use pen/flash/stick drives as long as you don’t read&write at the same time, which is what I do. I dump my games on pc and then add them to the usb

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You can use pen/flash/stick drives as long as you don’t read&write at the same time, which is what I do. I dump my games on pc and then add them to the usb

I have no idea why that would make a difference, but in the usbloadergx thread they are always telling people not to use usb sticks. There are some weird unknown compatibility issues that nobody can figure out how to fix.

D

Deleted User

I have no idea why that would make a difference, but in the usbloadergx thread they are always telling people not to use usb sticks. There are some weird unknown compatibility issues that nobody can figure out how to fix.
Again it is a read/write issue. As long as you dont dump games directly on the Wii to the usb, everything is ok. My pen drive as lasted me for around 2 years reading .wbfs files to the wii

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up