Wii Broke My USB Please Help

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by Wind47, Jul 13, 2016.

1. Wind47
    OP

Wind47 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 13, 2016
    United States
    Hi I just got a new usb and I tried to put it in my wii's usb slot (the correct one) I loaded up CFG just like normal and then I installed the disk and started mario kart wii. It was sitting on booting game please wait after a while i turned it off and tried usb loader gx. When it opened it instantly froze. I waited for a bit and shut it off. I did some research about booting game please wait and then I put the usb in my computer and realized it didn't show up. After a while of searching about how to make my usb show up I finally came to this post.

2. GerbilSoft

GerbilSoft GBAtemp Addict

Mar 8, 2012
    United States
    Assuming you're using Windows: Does the drive show up in Disk Management at all?

3. Wind47
    OP

Wind47 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 13, 2016
    United States
    Yup im using windows also it says that it has 0 kb

4. GerbilSoft

Mar 8, 2012
    United States
    The "0 KB" is in Disk Management, where it says "Disk X, Basic, 0 KB, Online"?

5. Wind47
    OP

Wind47 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 13, 2016
    United States
  6. GerbilSoft

Mar 8, 2012
    United States
    "No Media" makes no sense. That should only appear if it's e.g. an SD reader and there's no card.

...unless it's a really terrible flash drive that's actually a microSD reader internally, and the card got loose.

7. Wind47
    OP

Wind47 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 13, 2016
    United States
  8. Wind47
    OP

Wind47 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 13, 2016
    United States
    Well I guess I'm going to have to buy a new usb any suggestions?

9. jtvjan

jtvjan Member

Newcomer
    Dec 7, 2014
    Netherlands
    Roermond
    The Sandisk is actually really good (It's my main USB), yours is just defective. What's happening is that the device controller can't communicate with the NAND. For you, this is unfixable. There are (really expensive) services that can get the data off the drives, but the data probably isn't import enough to shell out a lot of cash for it. Do you still have warranty? You should get it replaced then. Otherwise, you're out of luck and have to buy a new one.