Etkar.H

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
Tried to install Darkcorps when my Wii accidently got bricked (or is it? It says that my Wii files are corrupted.) I have NAND backup. I also have preloader 0.29, but I can't have acces Homebrew Channel. I have firmware 3.2 and I have tried to install Wad Manager, HackMii and all that on PreLoader and it always freezes when I choose a firmware on the firmware option.

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
wait. 3.2, no priiloader (just the ancient preloader), o_o and install darkcorp.

If you manage to boot preloader, try to install the latest priiloader, then install HBC 1.0.8 latest (also bootmii as IOS, and since you have 3.2 you´d be able to install it as boot2). Then dop-mii, update IOS 58 (non stub if there ever exists).

Later, on priiloader, access bootmii either as ios or boot2 (which is the best now), then restore nand.

And follow the temper above, read the stickies next time.

Etkar.H

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
terminal_illness said:
who told you to use darkcrap?
if you know enough to come here then why didnt you use the recomended stickied guide?
Why do you care? I asked how I can unbrick my Wii, not if it was good to use darkscorp.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Etkar.H said:
terminal_illness said:
who told you to use darkcrap?
if you know enough to come here then why didnt you use the recomended stickied guide?
Why do you care? I asked how I can unbrick my Wii, not if it was good to use darkscorp.

Well. it's probably the reason you got corupted.
Anyway, you are hopeless out of date if you want to use Darkcorp.

Look for modmii in the hacking stickies. I's the ULTIMATE way of hacking your Wii.
It enables you to play ALL your games in any way possible. Just follow the on screen and generated instuctions and you will enjoy your Wii a lot more.

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The brick has nothing to do with darkcorp, it is the crap preloader. Just reinstall the system menu, then install priiloader and you will have a fully functional darkcorped wii.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
I've heard that this could happen, but I think it's the first time I have actually seen a case where installing a patched System Menu IOS caused a partial brick because of Preloader. I've had my Wii hacked for a long time, but I didn't really know what I was doing the couple years (thank you bootmii as boot2). Priiloader had already taken over by the time I learned what Preloader was.

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Preloader needs the ES_DIVerfiy patch on the system ios, the preloader installer applies this patch. So when someone reinstalls the system ios without this patch they get the "System files are corrupt" brick with preloader. Apparently darkcorp does not have the needed patch. Priiloader does not need any patches on the system ios so it is not an issue. I think this only applies to 4.0/4.1 and ios60-v6174. But you get the same issue with installing preloader on 3.4 because the ios50 does not have the patch. Something like that.

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
mauifrog said:
Preloader needs the ES_DIVerfiy patch on the system ios, the preloader installer applies this patch. So when someone reinstalls the system ios without this patch they get the "System files are corrupt" brick with preloader. Apparently darkcorp does not have the needed patch. Priiloader does not need any patches on the system ios so it is not an issue. I think this only applies to 4.0/4.1 and ios60-v6174. But you get the same issue with installing preloader on 3.4 because the ios50 does not have the patch. Something like that.
I know...

Porobu

Gbatemps Shiny Latias
Trophies
XP
Country
Etkar.H said:
When I try to install Priiloader it says that cios is infected and that it is aborting the mission...
you need to load it with ios 58 No Patches or remove no ios reload from meta xml or use Priiloader 0.4

Etkar.H

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
Porobu said:
Etkar.H said:
When I try to install Priiloader it says that cios is infected and that it is aborting the mission...
you need to load it with ios 58 No Patches or remove no ios reload from meta xml or use Priiloader 0.4
How? I can't even choose a IOS before it says ''aborting mission''.

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Etkar.H said:
Porobu said:
Etkar.H said:
Extract this to your SD card and run the cIOS version from the HBC. It's from a guide I wrote, so you need to enter a password. It's "I-CAN-READ"

Etkar.H

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
JoostinOnline said:
Etkar.H said:
Porobu said:
Etkar.H said:
Extract this to your SD card and run the cIOS version from the HBC. It's from a guide I wrote, so you need to enter a password. It's "I-CAN-READ"
This is what happens when I launch it. [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ii6iBYFIwTk[/youtube]

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1BDM1oBRJ8