Hacking Wii Black Screen [HELP PLEASE]

SilverRyouken

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, a few months back I dediced to softmod my wii and downgrade the firmware to 3.2U. Then I reupdated it to 3.3U or 3.4U(cant remember). The wii was running perfectly fine with no problems at all. Until recently my brother got I copy of Guitar Hero Aerosmith and it asked to update the wii so we went ahead and did. As soon as it finished updating, the wii crashed. The wii would boot up like normal but there would be no video and sound and it would just display a blank black screen. Wiimote wouldnt sync either. Tryed unplugging it and letting it sit for a few minutes, borrowed friend's working A/V cables, tried the instructions from here. No dice, nothing seemed to work. After doing some research I thought I came to the conclusion that my bluetooth module was busted. So I ordered a bluetooth module replacement part. Opened up my wii, replaced the bluetooth module, put it back together. I thought that would fix it, but nope. The wii is still acting its same evil ways but now I cant get the power button to turn red after holding it down. It will only go to standby. Plus the power button on the wiimote no longer works. I'm about to give up and just buy a new one. Any ideas for solutions would be greatly appreciated.

Unfortune

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Pakistan
I dont think you can fix that since the wiimote won't sync...

I guess you should just buy another wii and tell your brother to stop being a hobo...

you can try doing SaveMiiFrii by getting a gamecube controller and putting it in gamecube controller slot 4 on the wii and pressing all 4 d-pad buttons at once when the wii turns on. Then put in a autoboot disc with an update in it. (has to be original if you dont have a modchip)
then update.
The conduit has an update for 3.4 i think.. (but im not sure so dont buy it if you dont have it)

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I really can't see why updating with GH: Aerosmith could....kind of brick or damage your Wii, if you are still under warranty send it to nintendo, if not I would do it anyway, cause if it happened just as you are saying, then it has to be repaired by nintendo for free...!!

silkyskeeter

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
does it still spin disk? if so there my be a way to recover your OS via recovery console or with recovery disk. If not then you will have do just as I did 4days ago and have to get it repaired.

SilverRyouken

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@wiicrazy: unfortunately im not sure if that will work since this seems to be a low level brick, but thanks.

@silkyskeeter: yes the drive still works fine. can even insert and eject disks. i keep hearing you need a modchip to autboot disks, but considering i just wasted money on replacing the bluetooth module i dont wana have to spend anymore money than i have to. can i autoboot disks without a chip, like using the "wii autoboot creator" for example?

@unfortune: tried the savemiifrii approach with my wavebird, but nothing.

armageddan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
to be honest i think your kind of screwed, time to call the big n for you. you can always tell them that it crashed when you updated. i'm in the same situation, but thankfully i installed bootmii2 BEFORE i did anything else so i can work things out from there
biggrin.gif
let this be a lesson, always install bootmii2 and preloader before you do anything else.

SilverRyouken

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ahh srry i misunderstood u. after rereading your post i understand now. maybe i should of been a lil more clear in my post (my bad). before preforming the update from the guitar hero aerosmith disk my wii was 3.3 or 3.4(like i mentioned above, i cant remember which one it was prior to it). so it would go like this: 4.0 > 3.2 > 3.4 > 4.0

however im still stuck to the conclusion that it is a low level brick not full since i cant even get to the health screen. following the troubleshoot map on the savemii site it goes to category D which is considered a low level brick (source: http://savemii.net/troubleshooting.html). this is my first time bricking my wii so since im new to the whole experience i could be wrong.

also, would it possible to use the wii repair disk v1.31 to recover from this?

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
savemii.net is really old and doesn't actually reflect all the bricks cases...
you end up in Branch D because deleting system menu ios or having a stub ios as system menu ios have the same diagnosis symptoms...

in your first post you say you downgraded to 3.2 from 4.0 and you are unsure if you updated to 3.3 or 3.4 now you say your update/downgrade path was 4.0 > 3.2 > 3.4 > 4.0

by the way, there are no current games with 4.0 update on disc, some new games contain 3.4 some 3.2 or 3.3...

You should decide what was the system menu version before your wii get updated from disc to 3.4

SilverRyouken

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
aye, okay full brick it is then. i took a trip down memory lane and now i remember now it was 4.0 before i downgraded it to 3.2 then i upgraded it to 3.3(dont remember why) then the gh disk(which was smash hits by the way, kept thinking it was aerosmith for some reason
wtf.gif
) attempted to update it to 3.4 which resulted in it bricking. hope this clears up any confusion.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://youtu.be/vtGSfyI8VUk