Hacking Wii backup problems

s!em

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I've got wiikey, PAL wii
and 2 games perfect downloaded(checked with de par2 files)
one PAL and one NTSC
I use nero burning rom 6
but they don't work
cry.gif

can anyone help me!?

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You used the decrypter to decrypt them? If they are wii files you have to use a decrypter to change them to .iso files for them to work. The best one I think is Raw Dump 2.0.

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Also try to use the free Imgburn to burn your iso's, I still can't believe how easy and reliable it is to use it but I'm surely happy I do..
wink.gif

Alcohol just refused to burn anything for me on my brand of dvds.
Just try Imgburn and see what happens.

s!em

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Also try to use the free Imgburn to burn your iso's, I still can't believe how easy and reliable it is to use it but I'm surely happy I do..
wink.gif

Alcohol just refused to burn anything for me on my brand of dvds.
Just try Imgburn and see what happens.
I have tried, but there was a problem :S

keypox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey i am having the same problems check the size of the image it must be this exact size 4,699,979,776 bytes

I prob dont have to tell you you must rightclick on the file and goto properties to get that little bit of info

if it isnt that size the iso is bad ...

kutis

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Australia
for spm u need to convert it pal first, and try burn slower... i'm using tdk -r 8x media, with nero on 4x speed, works fine... remember to update first (then turn off your wifi if you're as paranoid as i am).

Redsquirrel

Trophies
XP
Country
for spm u need to convert it pal first, and try burn slower... i'm using tdk -r 8x media, with nero on 4x speed, works fine... remember to update first (then turn off your wifi if you're as paranoid as i am).

eh? you dont need to. Wiikey automatically patches it on the fly.

TDK media should be fine. I always burn 4-8x.

Lain

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Which one of them is the PAL and the NTSC?

I'm also a Wii PAL w/ Wiikey user and I can tell you that many import games will have problems running on it.. I advice you only running PAL games for safe keeping..

There's a link on a sticky to a compatibility list.. check the information about the game you want to run..

From experience I know that WarioWare hangs on the initial load.. it's also stated on the compatibility list..

Now also be careful.. I downloaded Dragon Ball Z Tenkaichi Budokai 2 PAL from WiiERD group and it is not a true PAL as they state.. they were lame enough to grab the NTSC version and simply convert it to PAL.. and then upload..

Of course.. this will cause problems..

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

eh? you dont need to. Wiikey automatically patches it on the fly.

TDK media should be fine. I always burn 4-8x.

Thats assuming that hes downloaded the wiikey config disc to set it for region free.

Back on topic. I have tried alcohol for burning Wii games but it always asks me to enter some values. I haven't had a failed burn yet with Nero burning at X4. Though I am limited to burning at X4 as my hacked firmware doesn't like burning the dvds any faster.

s!em

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
SPM is NTSC
and
WWSM is PAL

BUT, wwsm doesn't work at all!

EDIT: the files have downloaded perfectly
BUT: the iso is dameged for winrar
wacko.gif

kutis

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Australia
offtopic, how do i know if the region free thingy saved correctly? i thought i did that,.. does the setup disc restore the setting upon load? ie, if i set it to region free and properly saved, when i load the disc again, it's already set on region free?

back to topic,.. so the SPM works now? more info on how it doesnt work might help us help u. does it recognize the disk then freeze on loading or something else? the only thing i can recommend u to try is to change a media.. a good blank dvd usually have a darker (deeper) blue tint. i also prefer a printable surface, it is thicker and less prone to topside scratches.

Tank5890

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
HAVE you tried the config disc? The config disc is the only thing you can really trust. If it doesn't work, it's crap media or a botched mod.

offtopic, how do i know if the region free thingy saved correctly? i thought i did that,.. does the setup disc restore the setting upon load? ie, if i set it to region free and properly saved, when i load the disc again, it's already set on region free?

Supposedly the config disc can't read settings from the chip because if it could, it'd be detectable. The settings probably won't be overwritten when you load the disc, only when you choose "Save settings". You just have to trust that it's really saved the settings.

s!em

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
From a shop, with zelda to test the mod
i've downloaded excite truck on a mac and it works perfectly
i've got 3 games from a friend, works
it's not my DVD disc(excite truck works)

s!em

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I've burn all the games now on 4x in IMGburn
the wiikey disc work now, but the other games doesn't
size from iso : 4,37 GB (4.699.979.776 bytes)
I can't open the iso from SPM and WWSM with winrar

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Y @ YuseiFD: :creep: