fig2k4

OP
Trophies
Website
www.wiibackupmanager.co.uk
XP
Country
@fluffykiwi
The only reason I can see for the Division by zero error is if the file size was zero. I used to have a check there, but I removed it because it was causing problems with small forwarder ISOs. I've put the check back in place, so the minimum size of a valid file is 1KB. That should be OK and will stop any errors caused by empty files.

@icebrg5
I'll replace the "Use default layout" option with some radio buttons to select the behaviour. Something like this..

0 WiiFlow
0 Configurable USB Loader
0 Custom

The custom option would be the same as it is now, with "Use default..." unticked. This should let me code specific behaviour that's expected for each loader.

@darrell0114
A few posts ago, you can see my efforts towards working round the 500 game limit. I actually have a working version of CFG that can mount the WBFS drives and everything works fine. The problem is that the CIOS needs the changes too, which is beyond my control. Basically the games won't boot without the changes libWBFS that the CIOS uses.

If this does eventually get changed, it will just be a case of formatting the drive, specifying the fake sector size to use. eg. If you decide to use 2048, the max discs would be 2036, depending on the size of the drive too. The format dialog in WBM shows how many games you can store for each sector size so the user can pick the best one for that drive. I did notice that anything above 2048 makes the games take a lot more space.

@Benjay
Like redia said, you can set up the regions you want in the settings. I will eventually figure out a way to make all this work just by selecting the interface language. As suggested, even that could be set automatically by checking the system language.

Benjay

Hardstyle Addict
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
redia said:
Benjay said:
A great addition to the cover download would be region covers.
For the moment , WBM can only download English covers.
It would be great if it downloaded covers related to the language that is set in WBM.
For example you set WBM to french , you get French covers (or English for the missing french ones).
Like WiiFlow does it ^^

Benjay,

you can set that up
in the settings, go to Covers tab.
you can set your preferences.
You can have only your own region.
or you can have fallback regions.. it is all up to you.

Cheers,
R

Arf...my bad ^^
Didn't check enough the settings lol.
Good news though.

fig2k4

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
@icebrg5
After a lot of thought, the only way I can check to see what's already downloaded is to have an offline cache for the covers, separate from the loader's cover folders.

For example USB Loader GX uses the same folder for 3D and flat covers (AFAIK). So there's no way for me to tell if the cover there is 3D or flat when updating.

With the offline cache I can also recheck for official covers when only a custom cover existed before. I can tell which regions the covers came from too, so if you change the region order in settings, the covers will be updated correctly. Right now there's no way to tell..

rlelamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello,
I'm facing a bug.
unsure.gif

Convert WBFS to CISO, it crashes at 2GB, each time
Below, Log file WBM
Thanks and sorry for my English

fig2k4

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country

youth

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
yingang.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Switzerland
rlelamer said:
Hello,
I'm facing a bug.
unsure.gif

Convert WBFS to CISO, it crashes at 2GB, each time
Below, Log file WBM
Thanks and sorry for my English

The partition you are using to keep ciso is FAT32 or NTFS? FAT32 won't allow a filesize bigger than 2GB.

update: sorry, the fat32's filesize limit should be 4gb, thanks icebrg5...
smile.gif

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
youth - fat32 drives are limited to 4gb file size not 2gb

fig2k4 - If your going to implement the loader specific cover download will there be an option to have the covers downloaded automatically to the hard drive storing the games according to the loader settings.

For example.

My drive is listed as drive (0:) in wiibackup manager and i use wiiflow

Can you make it so once you select your loader it sets the default download path to

o:\wiiflow\boxcovers (*for full covers)

and

o:\wiiflow/cover (*for flat covers)

dexter222

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fig2k4 said:
@darrell0114
A few posts ago, you can see my efforts towards working round the 500 game limit. I actually have a working version of CFG that can mount the WBFS drives and everything works fine. The problem is that the CIOS needs the changes too, which is beyond my control. Basically the games won't boot without the changes libWBFS that the CIOS uses.

If this does eventually get changed, it will just be a case of formatting the drive, specifying the fake sector size to use. eg. If you decide to use 2048, the max discs would be 2036, depending on the size of the drive too. The format dialog in WBM shows how many games you can store for each sector size so the user can pick the best one for that drive. I did notice that anything above 2048 makes the games take a lot more space.

It sounds like what you are talking about here is messing with a "virtual sector size" to fool WBFS into working on drives with 512b sector sizes. Right now I'm more interested in seeing WBM recognize a drive with an ACTUAL 4k sector size and format it accordingly. WBFS is written to get the sector size from the drive so, in theory, this should work with the USB loaders by default.

If you have a version that supports the new 4k sector size drives please let me know and I will start some serious testing
biggrin.gif

Thanks again for all your hard work.

fig2k4

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
@rlelamer and @youth
The exe I posted fixed the CISO issue. If you read back a page, I provided a better description of the problem and fix too.

@icebrg5
Yep. When selecting the loader config, you simply select the base folder and the cover folders are assumed to be as follows.

For CFG..
BaseFolder\disc\disc.png
BaseFolder\flat.png
BaseFolder\3d\3d.png
BaseFolder\full\full.png

For WiiFlow..
BaseFolder\covers\flat.png
BaseFolder\boxcovers\full.png

For GX..
BaseFolder\disc\disc.png
BaseFolder\flatOr3D.png

Obviously the filenames would be ID6.png, I've just named them different here to make it easier to read.

The WiiFlow covers are grouped into 1 download job, so only the full cover is used if available, otherwise the flat cover is used. You can also disable the cover types so if you only want flat covers, it's possible to disable the full covers altogether.

It's the same idea with the GX flat or 3D. If no 3D cover is found, the flat cover is used and the cover types can be disabled too.

There's also a custom option where you can set the folders for each cover type and freely enable/disable any of the cover types.

With CFG it's almost like the custom option except it uses the default cover layout for CFG instead of the individual folders.

When a loader config is selected, the relevant controls are enabled/disabled so hopefully it's easy to use. eg. When selecting WiiFlow, the 3D and disc covers are completely disabled with no way to enable them because WiiFlow doesn't use them.

I should add an image resize option too. So when HQ covers aren't available for WiiFlow, the lower res version can be used if it's resized to 1024x680. HQ covers should be resized to 512x340 for CFG because they'll be resized anyway when used.

Edit:Can WiiFlow use the lower res covers without resizing?

@dexter222
I see from your other thread that it's working in CFG.
smile.gif

About the virtual sector size.. Wiimm confirmed my changes in CFG to be working as expected. All we need now is for Waninkoko to make the changes in rev22 of his cIOS so the games can be booted. It would be cool if Hermes would add it too, but I can't find any way to contact him. Oggzee's agreed to add read support for the drives in CFG, so the 500 game limit might soon be a thing of the past.

azurenights

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fig2k4 said:
http://gbatemp.net/t188295-wii-backup-mana...t&p=3413955

The best I can do for now is offer the fixed exe. Just extract the exe to the app folder to replace the old one.

I'm in the middle of implementing the cover download behaviour for the different loaders..

Let me know if it fixes it. I did reproduce the error myself and it works here now.

http://www.4shared.com/file/GFvCfpcQ/WiiBa...SO-fix-exe.html

I can confirm the new .exe file resolves the .ciso issue that are large than 2GBs.

I did notice a new issue, for some reason wii backup manager thinks my Golden Eye iso is the new super mario bros game. The USB loader recognises it as the Golden Eye game and downloaded the correct covers.

rlelamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France

dexter222

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fig2k4 said:
@dexter222
I see from your other thread that it's working in CFG.
smile.gif

About the virtual sector size.. Wiimm confirmed my changes in CFG to be working as expected. All we need now is for Waninkoko to make the changes in rev22 of his cIOS so the games can be booted. It would be cool if Hermes would add it too, but I can't find any way to contact him. Oggzee's agreed to add read support for the drives in CFG, so the 500 game limit might soon be a thing of the past.

WBM saw the drive just like it was supposed to
smile.gif
It picked up on the default sector size being 4k and didn't even allow changes. Other than a couple glitches it seems to be working great.

There was an error when I opened the formatting tool on WBM:

Windows - Drive Not Ready

Exception Processing Message c00000a3 Parameters 75b6bf7c 4 75b6bf7c 75b6bf7c

I ignored it and continued on. In the format drive window it displayed my 4 card reader drives as the same size as the seagate 3tb drive.

Perhaps it's a USB glitch?

It's also VERY slow. What should be taking about 6-7hrs is taking over a day... but it's working. There are already over 600 games on the drive and it has about 18hrs left.

Other than those minor glitches it seems to be working great - and the Wii can see the drive just fine
smile.gif
- it doesn't work on ALL the usb loaders but it works seamlessly on CFG loader v.63 so there's no reason it can't work on all the loaders right now without any new cIOS releases as long as the coders for those loaders address the issue.

Thanks for the very nice additions in this last release!

oggzee

Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
fig2k4 said:
For CFG..
BaseFolder\disc\disc.png
BaseFolder\flat.png
BaseFolder\3d\3d.png
BaseFolder\full\full.png
Actually the new default (since cfg v63) for flat images is:

BaseFolder\2d\flat.png

But the above mentioned path is also looked up for backward compatibility. But in the future i might remove the BaseFolder\flat.png lookup since BaseFolder\2d\flat.png is more organized and also another reason is the dir lookup speed in libfat ... if there's a lot of BaseFolder\flat.png images but we're looking up for a BaseFolder\3d\*.png and the 3d folder was created later, libfat will traverse all the 2d images before finding the 3d dir... it's not a huge issue, but keeping 2d images in 2d dir is better.

fig2k4

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
@azurenights and @rlelamer
Thanks for the feedback.

I did notice a new issue, for some reason wii backup manager thinks my Golden Eye iso is the new super mario bros game. The USB loader recognises it as the Golden Eye game and downloaded the correct covers.
I have had 1 other report of another game doing the same. It shows up in WBM as the totally wrong game. Without being able to reproduce it or debug it further, I've don't have a clue how it can happen.

Is it only the covers that are wrong, or the titles too? Let me know the Game ID shown in WBM and in the loader..

@dexter222
I don't think that error is related to the 3TB drive. Do you have a floppy drive or something similar in that system?

About the duplicate drive sizes.. I think there's a small bug in my code where I don't reset the size to zero. So if the call to get the current size fails, the value from last time is still there. I see the same thing with Subst drives on my system. I should be able to fix that without any problems.

I think I have an idea of how to fix the speed issues.

@oggzee

Thanks, I did read that before but forgot. I've changed it to use the 2d folder now.

ratt1972

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
golden eye 007 [SJBE52] comes up good on mine
i don't have the pal version yet , but will check this when i get it

? did anyone trying burning a dvd-9 disc - i tryed with Metroid: other m and i get to the second layer and it say dvd fail
thats with it as wbfs file- going to try it as an iso - if that fails i will have to try another brand of disc.

feed back would be nice if someone has burn a dvd-9 before

update i think its the dvd - imgburner won't burn it

and the link on front page the new version - avg won't let me visit the page -- omg --- trouble after trouble

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 📚 🗒️ ✏️ 🤓 +1