Hacking Wii backup Manager for Windows

Spidy1000

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Found a small bug in the export of game lists, the gamesize exported is not correct for all game, esspecially when the games are big (not sure if this has been reported already)

Spidy1000

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
BigNastyCurve said:
Is the code for WBM open-sourced anywhere? I'd like to check on a couple of issues as I'm a programmer but didn't see any links for it.

I dont think WBM is open-source

djbubba2002

Trophies
XP
Country
I am using
Version 0.3.5 beta 1 Mirrors

everything is working fine for me ,
I am on windows 7

my game drive is NTFS.. I did drive to drive everything works good on my end

MrPibb12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Using WiiBackupManager0.3.5-beta1 - I couldn't get the app to see my WBFS drive. I had to format the drive and add games with WBFS Manager 3.0.

when I try to add my wii drive as a custom folder in wiibackupmanager, it says t the drive as a unknown partition. Any Ideas as to why t's not working with WiibackupManager?

I cant format it either in wiibackupmanager because its not showing up on my list of availible hard drives.

Spidy1000

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
MrPibb12 said:
Using WiiBackupManager0.3.5-beta1 - I couldn't get the app to see my WBFS drive. I had to format the drive and add games with WBFS Manager 3.0.

when I try to add my wii drive as a custom folder in wiibackupmanager, it says t the drive as a unknown partition. Any Ideas as to why t's not working with WiibackupManager?

I cant format it either in wiibackupmanager because its not showing up on my list of availible hard drives.

in the settings make sure the checkbox to only show mounted drives is NOT checked

strells

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For some reason, there is no way to search this thread, so I hope my question hasn't already been answered.

I've been trying to use the Transfer to ISO function to extract Metroid Prime Trilogy from my WBFS drive. It fails every time. I keep getting errors in the log:

(WBFSPartition.InternalReadSector3) Read Failed. Attempt... The parameter is incorrect

The drive seems to be in perfect working order. Is this a drive problem or something else?

Steve

strells

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, I've confirmed that extracting dual-layer games simply don't work with this program. I've tried multiple times and multiple ways to extract SSBB and MPT and they fail every time. All single layer games extract perfectly. I'm not doing anything different. Any ideas why this might be happening and how to fix it?

Steve

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I would like to make two requests :
1) Could you remove the "format" option from the menu ?
I find it too close to the option menu, it could be clicked by mistake.

Maybe add an option to show or hide it from the main menu (or enable/disable with greyed state).

2) Put an easy accessible button to update WiiTDB titles, without the need to go into the options.

Thank you ^^

it's been a long time since the last beta, what did you do since that one ?
Are you working on adding new features ?
could you make a little report of what's been done already ?

strells

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xflak40 said:
how did u put the game on the hard drive in the first place? were u also using this program?

maybe however it was transferred to the HDD in the first place is causing problems extracting it

USB Loader GX. And if that was the case, why am I only having problems with dual layer games. Is USB Loader GX not extracting them correctly?

Steve

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
strells said:
xflak40 said:
how did u put the game on the hard drive in the first place? were u also using this program?

maybe however it was transferred to the HDD in the first place is causing problems extracting it

USB Loader GX. And if that was the case, why am I only having problems with dual layer games. Is USB Loader GX not extracting them correctly?

Steve

if you used a cIOS with the DL bug when installing the gamw that's what will be causing the extraction errors

What cIOS are you using/did you use to install the game?

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
what cios did u use to rip the games? some cios' have a dual layer bug... even cios249rev17 had a dual layer bug which only affected ripping dual layer games (this was fixed in rev17b). DL games ripped using rev17 are only screwed up near the end of the file.

I would try re-ripping the games using cios249rev17b (from sciifii installer), then see if u can successfully extract them

edit: pepxl beat me to it! which is good because I am about to sign off for the day and I'm sure he'll take good care of u! good luck!

strells

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xflak40 said:
what cios did u use to rip the games? some cios' have a dual layer bug... even cios249rev17 had a dual layer bug which only affected ripping dual layer games (this was fixed in rev17b). DL games ripped using rev17 are only screwed up near the end of the file.

I would try re-ripping the games using cios249rev17b (from sciifii installer), then see if u can successfully extract them

edit: pepxl beat me to it! which is good because I am about to sign off for the day and I'm sure he'll take good care of u! good luck!

Interesting. I had not heard of this bug. I'll give it a shot. What about the newer rev18 and rev19? The description for rev18 even says it has a fix for a DL bug.

Steve

strells

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
strells said:
xflak40 said:

Interesting. I had not heard of this bug. I'll give it a shot. What about the newer rev18 and rev19? The description for rev18 even says it has a fix for a DL bug.

Steve

Geniuses! You're all geniuses!

I updated my cIOS to rev19, re-ripped and re-extracted. Perfect 8,511,160,320 bytes!

Thanks for the help!

Steve

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: @_@