Hacking Wii backup Manager for Windows

bastyen

Trophies
XP
Country
France
.wbi is an usbloader format. It is a compress format like .wbfs

Posts merged

I have now a Wode and I can't use the .wbi format, I need to put them in .wbfs format....

for exemple : ncWBFSTool can convert wbi format in iso format but not in wbfs format ....

bastyen

Trophies
XP
Country
France
pepxl said:
you then must convert all games to ISO and then to .wbfs unfortunately

ARGGGG !!!!!!
Too many games to do that !!!!
wacko.gif

r3dcat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I created a custom Export Template for Wii Backup Manager to do direct export of titles.txt file ... I was actually surprised it was not already included!?
smile.gif

Just create a "titles.txt.txt" file with the following code and put it in your C:\Program Files\WiiBackupManager\Export Templates\ folder
You will then see under Tools -> Export Game List -> titles.txt (r3dcat)

Code:
[Export Config]
Author = r3dcat
FileExtention=txt
[Export Page Header]
[Export Entry]
%ID% = %Title%
[Export Page Footer]

Refer to my post in cfg tread for further discussion on topic

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
r3dcat said:
I created a custom Export Template for Wii Backup Manager to do direct export of titles.txt file ... I was actually surprised it was not already included!?
smile.gif

Just create a "titles.txt.txt" file with the following code and put it in your C:\Program Files\WiiBackupManager\Export Templates\ folder
You will then see under Tools -> Export Game List -> titles.txt (r3dcat)

Code:
[Export Config]
Author = r3dcat
FileExtention=txt
[Export Page Header]
[Export Entry]
%ID% = %Title%
[Export Page Footer]

Refer to my post in cfg tread for further discussion on topic

if you read the thread you'd realize i already done one

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=188...t&p=2633491

r3dcat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
pepxl said:

Hmmm ok ... Sorry I didn't check thread but still wondering then why it was not included in current release 0.3.5 beta1 ???

Also would be nice to see feature/support in cfg usbloader to read custom titles automatically from Wii Backup Manager generated title .txt files in fat partition!?

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
r3dcat said:
pepxl said:

Hmmm ok ... Sorry I didn't check thread but still wondering then why it was not included in current release 0.3.5 beta1 ???

Also would be nice to see feature/support in cfg usbloader to read custom titles automatically from Wii Backup Manager generated title .txt files in fat partition!?

custom titles are already read by CFG along side standard titles if a custom one is not there, just make a txt file called Custom-Titles.txt with the same layout as standard titles.txt and if you have a game in that list with a changed title CFG will use that instead of the one from titles.txt

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
LxTrix said:
Is there a rename function?

for me you have to click the title or ID 3 times(?) and on the 3rd click it become editable, simply change and press enter then it'll save the changes to the custom title .txt file

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
LxTrix said:
I mean one that changes all titles to the correct titles.

Drive 1/2 - Tools - Rename Titles - Rename All

i haven't used this in a while but i think it renames using the WiiTDB titles.txt onlt if a title is not present in the custom-titles.txt

so basically it looks it the custom-titles.txt for whatever names you've given your games and then uses the official WiiTDB titles.txt if you have a game that's not in the custom-titles.txt and uses that title instead when renames, like i said i could be wrong as ive never used WBM in a while now

opertinicy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
he should release the source code so it can be a communal effort...def my favorite windows backup manager, only down side is that it's closed source..

Spidy1000

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
opertinicy said:
he should release the source code so it can be a communal effort...def my favorite windows backup manager, only down side is that it's closed source..

I do not agree, making it open source will not make it any better, there are a lot off specialized features in WBM and it would be best to keep that in hands that know what to do with them and understand the code. The manager is almost fully complete, just be paitient a little longer.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Wow, only $700?