fig2k4

OP
Trophies
Website
www.wiibackupmanager.co.uk
XP
Country
Bloodlust said:
Has the .wbfs -> WBFS partition bug been addressed?

It seems to be a little flaw in libWBFS. Basically, it wasn't designed to copy multiple blocks to 1 larger block. I got it successfully transferring last night, so I'll hopefully get the code cleaned up today. The reason it worked before was because I had originally wrote my own code for drive to drive transfers, but this way will work better when it's fixed. Obviously not many people do .wbfs->WBFS transfers or it would've been noticed before now.
smile.gif

@Maisto
Still no joy with the CISOs. It seems they'll only work with the minimum block size of 2MB. I'll try again once I've finished the .wbfs->WBFS fix.

@actinium
I'd need to do a real installation of Linux to try it. I don't seem to have any problems with VMWare, so it'll be hard to track down the issues using that.

@TeenTin
I was wrong about the different sized .wbfs files. With the libWBFS drive to drive method, they should be the same size. It was only with my own code that happened.

dgep

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I tested the move of 254 games from a WBFS disk to *.wbfs and *.wbfs1 file on a FAT32 disk with 0.3.1 beta 3 and it did work without apparent problem. However, I seems to have saved space as I had a few extra Gigabyte left.

Are there more loss on a WBFS file system?
Could it be related to the option "Wii disk partition to keep" as I use the default "Keep game partition only"?

Is there a way to verify if some game were having two partition?

Except for that the software is really a must for those that plan to migrate to FAT32.
It just lack something to share and compare MD5 checksum either of *.iso or *.wbfs and *.wbf1 or ??? just to make sure there your copy is ok.

If you need tester... don't hesitate to contact me.

DanWiiffy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi fig2k4,

Amazing work! I really love your backup manager, only wish it has a few feature similar to http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=165139 (cover download and full WiiTDB description).

From this site
http://sites.google.com/site/completesg/ba...-backup-manager
it looks like you are going to add cover download support witch would be great together with WiiTDB info for descriptions it would be the best Windows Wii backup manager. Are you going to open up the code, perhaps i or others could help implement the missing features. Though i haven't touched Delpi in a looong time.

fig2k4

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Version 0.3.2 is up..

Changes in 0.3.2
Fixed: .wbf to WBFS. This was a flaw that also existed in libWBFS due to different block sizes on larger drives.
Added: Hash calculation from used Wii disc sectors only, for WBFS and .wbfs. This will allow reproducible hashes from any source as long as the partition usage is the same. There's no hash check function yet.

@dgep
Both your theories could be correct. A large WBFS drive uses more space per disc and update partitions may have been removed too. As a quite extreme example of the difference in size, here's a screenie..

hash2.jpg

@DanWiiffy
I haven't seen that app before, looks pretty good
smile.gif
Having that info would be quite good. I think it's available via the WiiTDB xml info file eh?

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
fig2k4 said:
Version 0.3.2 is up..

Changes in 0.3.2
Fixed: .wbf to WBFS. This was a flaw that also existed in libWBFS due to different block sizes on larger drives.
Added: Hash calculation from used Wii disc sectors only, for WBFS and .wbfs. This will allow reproducible hashes from any source as long as the partition usage is the same. There's no hash check function yet.

still no rename to customtitles.txt
unsure.gif

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
fig2k4 said:
Soon.. I've been concentrating on stability recently. Once that's sorted I'll be free to add some features for a change.
smile.gif

its ok, stability is always better than features IMHO but features is always a nice touch

francerossina

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Just a question: I have a WD HD with 2 partitions: WBFS/NTFS
My WBFS partition is not recognized in any way by the program; is that normal?

Btw, that partition is recognized as \\?\GLOBALROOT\Device\Harddisk3\Partition2 with wbfs_file.exe

fig2k4

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Does your partition show in Windows disk management? If it shows there, WBM should be able to pick it up.

If you're using 0.3.1+ then there's an option in the settings dialog to "Use mounted volumes only". If you untick that, then volumes that don't have a drive letter assigned by Windows can be used. If you don't like the display name, you can assign an alias in on the drives page too which will be used by WBM.

DanWiiffy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Good stuff...

yeah it just uses the WiiTDB xml file.

Actually adding the covers and WiiTDB info should be quite easy for you. It's simply a case of parsing the XML file and use image and textbox controls with the information. Also add a cover location option and it should be rolling. One well spent afternoon
smile.gif
think about it!

dgep

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
@fix2k4

I have just downloaded version 0.3.2 and gave it a try.

I wanted to test (for the first time... I did not test this on other release) the copy as ISO on an NTFS drive.

It did work and I clearly see that unused space is not consumed on the disk thanks to NTFS feature about disk with hole. For "Wii Play.iso" the size on disk is only 114Mo rather than the file size wich is 4,37Go.

However, for that file I had the following strange message in the log where for the other file (small or big) it did not occure.

21:12:58 (Drive1ToISOThread) Thread started
[...]
21:13:07 (WiiDisc.ExtractISOToFile) Created file C:\Wii\ISO\~ED6B.tmp
21:13:16 (WiiDisc.ExtractISO) Unable to set zero data. 1224 L'opération demandée n'a pu s'accomplir sur un fichier ayant une section mappée utilisateur ouverte
21:13:16 (WiiDisc.ExtractISO) Unable to set zero data. 1224 L'opération demandée n'a pu s'accomplir sur un fichier ayant une section mappée utilisateur ouverte
21:13:16 (WiiDisc.ExtractISOToFile) Renamed ~ED6B.tmp Wii Play.iso
21:13:16 (WiiDisc.ExtractISOToFile) ISO extracted successfully. C:\Wii\ISO\Wii Play.iso
[...]
21:26:09 (Drive1ToISOThread) Thread terminated.

From and end-user point of view, without looking at the log I would have not noticed...
Maybe you know if this is a real problem and under wich condition you log such a message.

I hope it help.

dgep

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
@Maisto

Maisto said:
3.2 and 3.1 cant find my WBFS drives.

but 3.1 beta 3 works.

why?
Can you try: Options > Settings > Drives + unclick "[v] Use mounted volumes only"

You could have guessed it or found it in the changelog.txt file:
QUOTE0.3.1
-----
Added: Drive detection via assigned drive letters. This allows the use of mapped network drives as well as adding support for Wine and fixing other drive detection issues. There's an option to use unmounted volumes in the settings dialog.

fig2k4

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
@Maisto
I'll try out the ISO->CISO->WBFS and let you know..

@dgep
It is strange that it couldn't set the zero data, but it's no big deal really. It means that for those parts of the file, the data probably won't be sparse, even though it's filled with zeros. Why it could happen.. I don't know. Were you looking at the properties of the file perhaps? From what I've read, that error can happen if a file is in use somewhere else.

dgep

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
fig2k4 said:
@dgep
It is strange that it couldn't set the zero data, but it's no big deal really. It means that for those parts of the file, the data probably won't be sparse, even though it's filled with zeros. Why it could happen.. I don't know. Were you looking at the properties of the file perhaps? From what I've read, that error can happen if a file is in use somewhere else.

Maybe the anti-virus was trying to access (check) the file while it was created?
At least it was not due to one of my action (as far as I remember).

fig2k4

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
@Maisto
I just transferred NSMB from ISO->CISO->.wbfs->CISO->WBFS..

The .wbfs and WBFS work fine on the Wii. What games are you trying? So I can check them too, if I have them..

@dgep
I should probably lock files while writing then, maybe that would help. But like I said, those messages aren't serious. Worst case, it just means it'll be using a little more space than it should.

dgep

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
@fix2k4

Are you sure that the formating (FAT32) does always work?

I had to format twice before I could see the drive. The first time it did not appear.

Also, are you sure you want to automaticaly create a wbfs directory on a drive you just formated?

Code:
21:47:26 (FormatDlg) Set active drive HarddiskVolume1 (8,01 GB)
21:47:26 (FormatDlg) Set active filesystem WBFS
21:47:35 (FormatDlg) Set active drive Sweex (37,26 GB)
21:47:42 (FormatDlg) Set active filesystem FAT32
21:47:44 (FormatDlg) Drive is in use as drive 1 Sweex
21:47:58 (FormatDlg) Set active drive HarddiskVolume1 (8,01 GB)
21:47:58 (FormatDlg) Set active filesystem WBFS
21:48:02 (FormatDlg) Set active drive Sweex (37,26 GB)
21:48:06 (FormatDlg) Confirmation Yes
21:48:06 (FormatDlg) Attempting to format Sweex (37,26 GB) WBFS
21:48:06 (FormatDlg) Format successful.
21:51:26 (FormatDlg) Set active drive HarddiskVolume1 (8,01 GB)
21:51:26 (FormatDlg) Set active filesystem WBFS
21:51:30 (FormatDlg) Set active drive Sweex (37,26 GB)
21:51:33 (FormatDlg) Set active filesystem FAT32
21:51:37 (FormatDlg) Confirmation Yes
21:51:37 (FormatDlg) Attempting to format Sweex (37,26 GB) FAT32
21:51:41 (FormatDlg) Format successful.

Maisto

Trophies
XP
Country
@fig2k4

i just converted iso to ciso then i transfor the ciso to my wbfs harddrive

i was testing with Mario Kart Wii

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    understood
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update: Turns out he's epileptic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also
    Also a food allergy study would be a good idea
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Turns out you can't sprinkle methamphetamine on McDonald's French fries
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    they wouldn't be called french fries at that point
    +1