1. jstevenson72

jstevenson72 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    That is true, I could use explorer. But its nice to see game titles, and to be able to, stop / resume file transfers. I also like the rename feature using WiitDB.

I was also experimenting, to see if I had issues when I used Robocopy to do the last drive. I had several titles that wouldn't play sound, and would just black screen on launch, so I thought this time I'd use Fig's tool.

-- Jake

2. dun4cheap

dun4cheap GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Fig, hopefully you can get this project back on track soon. I have had to revert back to the Interligent Backup manager until this one become more stable.

Currently with 3.1 beta 3 CISO fails both on export and import.
    wbfs drive to wbfs fails as well

Let me know if I can give you any info to help you out.

3. gizmomelb

gizmomelb GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    f1g2k4 - just to let you know, using beta 1 I have twice successfully transferred >250GB (130 files) from CISO files on an NTFS partition to WBFS files on a FAT32 partition (total time to copy / convert was about 4 hours) under Windows XP SP3 with a fully patched DOT NET 3.5 SP1 (which also includes updates to earlier DOT NET revisions).

I did notice that my wbfs partition on my 120GB drive wasn't recognised when I went to copy some games to it last night, but I thought that might have been the fault of the drive so I formatted it as FAT32 and then copied WBFS files to it.

I'll see if I get time to try copying to a wbfs partition.

Many thanks for this extremely useful utility - previously I had all of my files as CISO on an NTFS partition but now I'm going to convert them all to WBFS files for easier transport and storage.

4. fig2k4

OP fig2k4 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

After some time out, I realised where all of my problems are coming from. After version 0.3.0, I switched to using the free Turbo Delphi. Everything just went tits up after that. So I'm reverting back to 0.3.0 with good old Delphi 7 and manually merging the changes one part at a time. Some of the reported errors are happening in code that hasn't changed since the first beta of 0.3.0, so it's definitely the most likely cause.

Merging 1 part at a time will hopefully pinpoint any real problems. Otherwise, at the end of it everything will work fine and it really was down to the change of compiler.

About the CISO errors. Since I didn't get a chance to test the experimental stuff and it's been reported to be fooked, please don't try to use it for now in that version. I can easily revert back to the original code so it works again. I'll get back to experimenting with it later. [​IMG]

5. icebrg5

icebrg5 GBAtemp Addict

United States
    Using Version 0.3.1 beta 3

and adding iso files to a wbfs drive in the log its telling me.

access violation at address 00408AE5 in module wiibackupmanager.exe write of address 004306EC

But it is still telling me the games have been added successfully.

Should i be worried?

EDIT: As soon as the 4 games were finished the whole program crashed and gave me a similar error.

6. icebrg5

icebrg5 GBAtemp Addict

United States
    I tried using this program today on a 64 bit windows vista system.

It would not detect a single drive at all.External or internal.

Is this program for 32 bit systems only.

7. scrotty

scrotty Member
    Newcomer

I'm running it in Win7-x64 and it works fine for me.

8. burritoboy9984

burritoboy9984 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Since no one answers the covers question... Which was the last release to feature it?

Thanks in advance!
    -Erik

9. icebrg5

icebrg5 GBAtemp Addict

United States

I wonder why it wouldn't work for me.

I tried the 0.3.0 release and the latest beta and both wouldn't recognize a single drive expect for a 1GB flash drive plugged into the front usb port.

If i tried to format a drive it showed every drive as 0MB and would fail to format it.

Before i noticed that all drives showed 0MB i thought that something was wrong with the external drive i was trying to format so i used a program called killdisk to totally reformat it because it had worked for me before when wiibackupmanager showed a 8GB drive as 0MB and after i formmated it with killdisk it showed up correctly again in wiibackupmanager displaying the whole 8GB and allowing me to format it to wbfs.Even after formatting this new external drive with killdisk it still showed up as 0MB.I used wbfs manager 3.01 and it formatted the drive no problem and the reason i assume it did was because it was actually made for both 32 and 64 bit systems and since it worked i just figured that wiibackupmanager was for 32 bit systems only.

10. fig2k4

OP fig2k4 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

I tested beta 3 on my HTPC, running XP. I get the AVs like everyone else. I don't wanna speak too soon, but simply recompiling with Delphi 7 seems to fix all the problems with the progress panel creation, so no more AVs.

One thing's for sure, I'm learning a good lesson about getting forced into quick releases and trusting the wrong people. From now on, I'll be releasing fully tested versions, not quick fixes because people are moaning. In the long run, it just makes me look like a dumbass. Also, anyone that wants to become a tester will stick to PMs for communication about tests, since they're supposed to be internal tests. If you get bored with testing, let me know or walk away, instead of turning into a little bitch on the public forum.

@icpmattj
    I've mentioned the drive detection before. I'll add the old detection method again, using the drive letters instead of volumes. That would fix most problems.

11. icebrg5

icebrg5 GBAtemp Addict

United States
    Thanks for the info.

So this is compatible with 64 bit systems and it was just some error that caused no drives to show up? I tried the .0.3.0 release and the latest beta and had the same issue with both but using my Win 7 32 bit operating system computer both work fine.

12. dun4cheap

United States

@Fig,

Thanks for keeping us up to date. I am looking forward to a stable release in the near future.

13. ChaosEnergy

ChaosEnergy GBAtemp Regular

Gambia, The
    same for me here
    just started with a clean download
    first time it wa slike that, later on, i mostly got windows crash messages for that application after only changing settings and closing the dialog

14. r-win

r-win GBAtemp Fan

Netherlands
    Since NTFS support is added to Cfg Loader USB and to USB Loader GX, are you gonna add support for NTFS drives too? Or are those supported by default?

15. redia

redia GBAtemp Fan

Swaziland
    R-Win,

the ntfs is already supported.
    you can even select wether you want to create sparsed ISO or .WBFS files.

Cheers,
    R

16. dun4cheap

United States
    @fig

Is the current 3.1 beta 3 the recompile with the original Delphi? Or is it still the one that we reported all the bugs with?

17. mousex

mousex GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    He was even way faster than you.

18. burritoboy9984

burritoboy9984 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    To answer my own question and about 3 other people's about the cover downloading... it is 2.4.0r2 found at this link

-Erik

19. Sacohen9665

Sacohen9665 GBAtemp Fan

United States

I've got a 64bit Vista system and it runs fine.

20. digdug3

digdug3 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Netherlands
    First: Great tool!

I use it mainly for scrubbing my images and adding them to a compressed NTFS folder. Way better and faster then WiiScrubber!

Could you add compression ratio on a NTFS volume, just like the NTFSRatio tool does. This way you can check if an image is scrubbed and if the size on disk/scrubbed size is correct. (NTFSRatio: http://www.jam-software.com/ntfsratio/download.shtml)

Or maybe you could add a colum to show if an image is scrubbed.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Windows, Manager, backup