Hacking Wii backup Manager for Windows

TeenTin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
fig2k4 said:
Noted. Did you try adding a disc to WBFS?

Not yet.

What I am now focusing on is something I regard as fundamental, subjectively.
happy.gif

pontomedon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
fig2k4 said:
From the user's point of view nothing will change, the app will need to do this transparently. If you open the rar file in WinRAR, you'll probably notice that there's more disk activity opening a multi-volume rar than a single rar file, for this reason..

Allright, good to hear! I don't mind a little extra hdd traffic for having a) a better estimation for the remaining time and b) (almost) correct sizes in the list.

kingdawn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did somewhere mention that why no cover download function anymore?
It's really a nice funtion for me and those who there wii can not connect to the Internet.

Bloodlust

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
fig2k4 said:
I've changed a few things..

- System error messages now show the error code as well as the description
- 2 potential integer overflow fixes (one of them may fix the read error too)
- Disabled MD5 hashing
- Full debug by default (change it in "Debug level" menu on the log page)
- Application exceptions should be logged, instead of showing the message dialog
- DVD->WBFS file should work.

http://www.4shared.com/file/175843620/a6be...eta2-test3.html

Edit:
@giantpune

I just noticed your post, I didn't scroll up that far until now.
mellow.gif
The only way I'd be able to realistically debug that is if I had one of those drives physically connected to my PC, so I could see what happens. Maybe dumping the drive structure with Wiimms tools would show something, if you can do that?

Thanks for the test update...

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
too late now. i just filled up the drive with the CLi and gave it back to the chick. it was a seagate freeagent 500GB.

jstevenson72

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fig,

I saw mention of the introduction of a bug, and I'm not sure if I am just experiencing that bug, but I thought I would report it in case I misunderstood.

I am trying to transfer about 450 games from .wbfs files on an NTFS partition to a FAT32 partition.

About 6 times throughout the transfer, the program would lock up, with a Dialog Box showing "Integer Overflow" (I think thats what it said).

The issue seems to happen randomly, sometimes after only a few minutes, other times after several hours.

Then the application closes, and I have to reopen and restart the transfer...

Just thought I'd let you know.

-- Jake

dun4cheap

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Fig,

Hey I think I have detected what I would consider a major bug which other users may be running in to and not identified. Anyhow say you have a game where you have more than one region version of. i.e.

New Super Mario Brothers Pal and NTSC version.

Anyhow, the way that the WBM handles the naming conventions it appears that it does not use the Game ID, instead it goes by the game title name. Anyhow, this seems to add confusion for WBM where is ends up failing, whether your going from drive to drive, drive to ciso etc.

It appears this effects all ways of transferring games.

fig2k4

OP
Trophies
Website
www.wiibackupmanager.co.uk
XP
Country
It seems that when I was handling duplicates in the file list, I accidentally removed code that stopped you adding entries that already exist on the drives.. Copy n paste is evil, especially when you accidentally hit x instead of c.

I'm just gonna post beta 3, which should remove the overflow error. It should either show up where the error is in the log, or you'll just never see it again because it wasn't important, or even a bug in the overflow check with some operating systems. It's quite possible, I've read few stories about it lately.

scrotty

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
jstevenson72 said:
I am trying to transfer about 450 games from .wbfs files on an NTFS partition to a FAT32 partition.

I may be missing something here but if you have files stored on an NTFS drive and they are already in .wbfs format, do you really need to use this app to transfer them to a FAT32 drive - surely Windows explorer is all you need as there is no conversion process needed. I thought that was the beauty of NTFS and FAT32 support - but like I said, I may be missing something here.

fig2k4

OP
Trophies
Website
www.wiibackupmanager.co.uk
XP
Country
Yeah, that's one of the big advantages of .wbfs. You only need to convert them once, then you can copy them back and forth using explorer if you want. You may want to keep all disc partitions on your backup drive though and only transfer the game partition to the working drive. There could be other reasons too.

TeenTin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
I sincerely suggest rolling back to the early foundation.

Is it possible to make the manager, somehow, work as a GUI, sending command to the wbfs_file.exe ?

TeenTin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
fig2k4 said:
@TeenTin
The errors don't make any sense. It works on Win7 fine with no errors, so it must be because your using XP. I'll need to try it.

0.3 release works without issue under exactly the same conditions.

Bloodlust

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
fig2k4 said:
@TeenTin
The errors don't make any sense. It works on Win7 fine with no errors, so it must be because your using XP. I'll need to try it.

@Bloodlust
Probably the same as TeenTin.

I have to convert it to ISO again before I can transfer it to a WBFS partition... hope it gets fixed soon

TeenTin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
What I am focusing on testing :

Format WBFS drive

ISO -> .wbfs -> WBFS drive -> .wbfs
ISO -> WBFS drive -> .wbfs

(Hex) Compare the above 3 .wbfs files generated with those generated by wbfs_file.exe.

-------------------------------------------

Then :

.wbfs -> ISO
WBFS drive -> ISO

Compare the 2 ISOs with the original.

-------------------------------------------

I don't regard CISO, rar, Renaming, MD5, ... etc as fundamental stuff.
happy.gif

pontomedon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
fig2k4 said:
So that's the version to use then until I replace the progress panels. The technique I'm using obviously sucks under XP.
I'm using XP and have not seen any of TeenTins errors. Probably the locale?

dun4cheap

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I have noticed that iso files transfered to CISO and then ciso to wbfs fails. The files transfer but the games will not load in the gx loader.

Transfer from wbfs -->CISO fails 0% seems to just sit their.

It appears that in beta 2 and 3 their seems to be a failure with CISO creation.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @CameronCataclysm...