Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
digdug3 said:
First: Great tool!

I use it mainly for scrubbing my images and adding them to a compressed NTFS folder. Way better and faster then WiiScrubber!

Could you add compression ratio on a NTFS volume, just like the NTFSRatio tool does. This way you can check if an image is scrubbed and if the size on disk/scrubbed size is correct. (NTFSRatio: http://www.jam-software.com/ntfsratio/download.shtml)

Or maybe you could add a colum to show if an image is scrubbed.

@ fig2k4, if u decide to implement digdug's idea above, you may find Clockwork's source for his sparse ISO program helpful, and it can be found here

ChaosEnergy

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
xflak40 said:
digdug3 said:

I use it mainly for scrubbing my images and adding them to a compressed NTFS folder. Way better and faster then WiiScrubber!

Could you add compression ratio on a NTFS volume, just like the NTFSRatio tool does. This way you can check if an image is scrubbed and if the size on disk/scrubbed size is correct. (NTFSRatio: http://www.jam-software.com/ntfsratio/download.shtml)

@ fig2k4, if u decide to implement digdug's idea above, you may find Clockwork's source for his sparse ISO program helpful, and it can be found here
Have a look at fragext, you can display true size in detailed view pane

digdug3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
ChaosEnergy said:
xflak40 said:
digdug3 said:

Have a look at fragext, you can display true size in detailed view pane

Yes, sparse is (almost) the same as scrubbing. Putting 00 in place where all the garbage is. Sparsing will also put 00 in the image itself to make the ISO better compressible.

fragext?

Deviling Master

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I have wrongly formatted my wbfs hard disk...

In version 0.2.4r2 (and before) i've found the function "WBFS Recovery" very useful for my problem but there is not batch mode.

I can't found it in the newest versions 0.3.x

This function is deprecated?
There is a way to do this in batch mode?

rafb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im on 4.2 trying back up originals using Wii Backup Manager, backed up two originals, placed them on HD trough Configurable USB Loader, then pc through WiiBackupManager as ISOs, formated the HD (first in windows and then as wbfs), tried transfering both games back on HD, one of the games transfered and is playing, other won't transfer back on HD. I select the game, click on transfer and it begins transfering and then after a second or two the progress bar at the bottom disappears. I used to use WBFS Manager to back up games through USB Loager GX, but few months ago all the games stopped playing, i upgraded to 4.2 tried everything i can, it seems to me the problem lies with how i transfer games back and forth between HD and PC, i have about 40 gamess (all but three or four are back ups) and none play right now, any suggestions

fig2k4

OP
Trophies
Website
www.wiibackupmanager.co.uk
XP
Country
I've upped version 0.3.1.

Changes in 0.3.1
Changed: Compiler version back to Delphi 7, which seems to fix all the silly AVs.
Fixed: CISO. Now uses the same block size as WBFS files. So all CISOs saved from WBM should be identical regardless of the source WBFS block size.
Added: Select "Items not in file list" for drive pages.
Added: Reduced sparse file fragmentation by allocating the file size before setting sparse mode. Thanks to oggzee.
Added: Drive detection via assigned drive letters. This allows the use of mapped network drives as well as adding support for Wine and fixing other drive detection issues. There's an option to use unmounted volumes in the settings dialog.
Fixed: Transfers to NTFS ISO couldn't be cancelled.
Fixed: If the temp folder name in the settings file was blank when opening the app, all of the tabs were missing.
Fixed: All ~known integer overflow errors.
Fixed: Sparse ISO size on drive. Any holes that should be sparse are now correctly written. Thanks to oggzee again.
Fixed: Drive sizes in the format dialog.
Fixed: Multi-volume RARs now show the correct ISO size.
Fixed: Renaming of folders where the old and new names are identical except from the case. eg. Renaming from "POP!" to "Pop!" wouldn't change the folder name.
Fixed: Bug introduced when changing the titles colours. I originally had 5 colours, but changed it to 3. The settings dialog was still using 5 internally which would cause some memory to get accidentally overwritten, causing an AV when closing the settings dialog.

Maisto

Trophies
XP
Country
HELP HELP.

I have converted all my games to ciso for saving some space. but now when i add a game to my wbfs disk the game dosent work? i have tried to convert it back to ISO but they still dont work.

something i can do?

HELP HELP

fig2k4

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
@Maisto
I really hope you still have the originals... CISO in the last version didn't work because I was kinda rushed into a release.
QUOTE said:
Changed: CISO writing method to create smallest CISO possible, regardless of the source. (Experimental)
This one of the main reasons it won't happen again..

@digdug3 & xflak40
I'll have a look at those apps, cheers.

@Deviling Master
I'll add it again soon. This is one of the reasons I wanted MD5 hashes, so I can verify that the data is still intact, even in your situation.

@rafb
I've really no idea. What you posted is a bit vague. Anything could've happened over the past few months. About the transfers stopping, try version 0.3.1 and send me the log if it still happens.

Maisto

Trophies
XP
Country
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I dont have them right here. i will get them again in about 2 mounth... ARhhh...

fig2k4

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
I know all the necessary data was written to the CISO, I just didn't get a chance to test it. I'll have a look tonight to see if I can get those CISOs working. In 0.3.1, I just increased the block size, which works fine.

TeenTin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Test :

Transferring game - Super Smash Bros. Brawl

ISO -> .wbfs -> WBFS drive

Result:

ISO -> .wbfs OK
.wbfs -> WBFS drive Error (WiiDisc.Read) Error reading disc. Control code invalid.

no game transferred to WBFS drive.

TeenTin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Test :

Transferring game - New Super Mario Bros. Wii

ISO -> .wbfs -> WBFS drive -> .wbfs

Result:

The two .wbfs files generated are not the same. Even their sizes are not the same.

fig2k4

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Test :

ISO -> .wbfs -> WBFS drive -> ISO

ISOs and .wbfs files are identical.

The reason your wbfs files are different is because of the WBFS drive's block size.

I'll need to get a copy of Super Smash Bros. Brawl to test dual layered stuff.

TeenTin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
fig2k4 said:
Test :

The reason your wbfs files are different is because of the WBFS drive's block size.

I have hex checked the two .wbfs files using Beyond Compare. They have different contents.

actinium

Trophies
XP
Country
checking wii backup manager under wine and it is running great, in the middle of transferring around 200 games and would report back if there are any major problems.

one thing to note that wbm doesn't seems to like me having the pointer focus elsewhere, the graphical interface would become unresponsive if i do that, but running it from a virtual desktop seems to solve that issue.

thanks for the update fig2k4!!!

TeenTin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
fig2k4 said:
Test :

I have repeated the test, and found that the 2 files are identical. Strange.

TeenTin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
fig2k4 said:
I'll need to get a copy of Super Smash Bros. Brawl to test dual layered stuff.

I used Wii game manager to create the .wbfs files and found that the second file is different from that created by Wii backup manager.

However, the .wbfs files created by Wii game manager can be successfully transferred to WBFS drive using Wii backup manager.

So, the issue should be the handling of the file split when creating .wbfs files.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ +1