scrotty

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
VashTS said:
... Is it a problem that im trying to transfer to a NTFS formatted drive?... Nope just tried it formatted to FAT32 and still only copied 1 game...

I have the same problem - originally thought it was down to NTFS too but then discovered it wouldn't work with FAT either.

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
VashTS said:
blah that sucks, good luck and the program looks sweet, i like the look better than WBFS Manager thank you for your work.

i decided to go with a fat32 and a WBFS partition. Im pretty sure its gotta be FAT32 Primary and active? then WBFS anyone can confirm sorry i know its offtopic
yeah set the FAT partiton as primary/active

fig2k4

OP
Trophies
Website
www.wiibackupmanager.co.uk
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
I got an ugly problem here...

Shit, yeah I see the problem. It's caused by some code that's used to close the partition after the transfer, to allow .tmp files to be renamed to .wbfs and deleting the source .wbfs files. Since the source is a WBFS drive, the partition shouldn't be closed. Obviously I can't test absolutely everything after each change, but I should've known about this one.

QUOTE said:
It transferred 89 games and then errored out saying something about integer overflow.
I'm sure I've already fixed that. I haven't had any errors, but that's only because I usually test smaller files since it's quicker. I noticed when I was writing some other code and remembered I used the same thing before and went back and fixed it. I'm 90% sure it's where that problem came from.

I seem to remember that former versions transfered the selected games alphabetically, now the order is more or less random. just a thought ;-)
The transfers are in reverse order of whatever your column sort is. This is really only for historical reasons, where I was removing items from the files list after transfer. It was easier to do it in reverse order.

I'll try to revert some of my additions to get out a fix for these problems. There's no point introducing more experimental stuff just now until these are confirmed to be fixed.
smile.gif

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
fig2k4 said:
QUOTE said:
It transferred 89 games and then errored out saying something about integer overflow.
I'm sure I've already fixed that. I haven't had any errors, but that's only because I usually test smaller files since it's quicker. I noticed when I was writing some other code and remembered I used the same thing before and went back and fixed it. I'm 90% sure it's where that problem came from.

What version was this fixed in? Im using 0.3.1 beta

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Gotcha.

So far its only happened twice and its still currently transferring games and has been for nearly the last 4 hours without any more issues.Still have almost 3 hours left according to it though so we shall see.

When will the next version be released?

pontomedon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I left the transfer (rar'd iso -> wbfs folder) running over night, got the "integer overflow" bug, but it seems to be fixed already, good news! Now running again, doesn't seem to have any problems so far.

I'm looking forward to the next version with wbfs->wbfs folder working and the int overflow bug removed!

edit: hmmm now that i see the wbfs file format: Do the folder names have to be this way? Would be nice if they would be named after titles.txt (of course without not-filename-compatibel characters like ':', but [A-z0-9\._-] and spaces are valid, everything else could be replaced by an underscore, for example)

fig2k4

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
I've upped beta 2 with the fixes.

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=188...t&p=2359707

I've tried to remove all the experimental stuff for now, with the exception of the CISO creation. If anyone wants to test that... Convert back and forth from CISOWBFS etc. a few times and play test it. There's no real way to check it byte for byte because it doesn't use the WBFS block size. Actually, there was never really was any way to check CISO like that, since it usually does depend on the block size. With WBFS->CISO->WBFS->CISO, the 2 CISOs should be identical though..

oggzee

Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
oggzee said:
Ok I think I have solved the fragmentation issue.

By doing pre-allocation first and enable sparse right after that the files don't get so fragmented any more, but still has the sparse property.

Example:

For the .iso:
Fragments File Size Most fragmented files
163 4.38 GB \Temp\wii\RHAP01_PARTY_PACK_for_REVOLUTION.iso

and no fragmentation for the .wbfs

I will make a new version of wbfs_file today / tomorrow...
This is the code, if it helps:

CODEÂÂÂÂDWORD dw;
ÂÂÂÂLARGE_INTEGER noff;
ÂÂÂÂ//printf("off: %I64d\n", length);
ÂÂÂÂret = SetFilePointerEx(fh, (LARGE_INTEGER)length, &noff, FILE_BEGIN);
ÂÂÂÂif (ret == 0) {
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂprint_error("SetFilePointerEx");
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂreturn -1;
ÂÂÂÂ}
ÂÂÂÂ//printf("noff: %I64d\n", noff);
ÂÂÂÂret = SetEndOfFile(fh);
ÂÂÂÂif (ret == 0) {
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂprint_error("SetEndOfFile");
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂreturn -1;
ÂÂÂÂ}
ÂÂÂÂ
ÂÂÂÂ// enable sparse files on windows
ÂÂÂÂBOOL bRet = DeviceIoControl(fh, FSCTL_SET_SPARSE, NULL, 0, NULL, 0, &dw, NULL);
ÂÂÂÂif (!bRet) {
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂprintf("file not sparse (%d)\n", (int)GetLastError());
ÂÂÂÂ}

scrotty

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well, it's fixed the problem of transferring only a single file for me so I'm happy
smile.gif

**EDIT**
Spoke too soon. Went to close the app after doing a few transfers and I now get Integer Overflow errors. I can only close the app by using task manager to kill it and now when I try to open it again I get an error saying 'unable to create directory'.

**EDIT**
Deleted the settings.ini and it's all back up and running - not sure why it didn't like it but we're up and running again now
smile.gif

scrotty

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
fig2k4 said:
@scrotty
Any idea what settings were different?
No idea mate - as far as I'm aware it's pretty much bog-standard. All I did was select drives 1 and 2, picked a few small games and did a transfer. All went OK until I closed the app and then it went tits-up. Deleted the ini file and did the exact same thing and this time it worked. Closed the app, reopened it no problem and it's now chugging it's way through a heap of games with no apparent problems.

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
nice updates fig2k4, just wondering when the rename to customtitles will be implemented

thanks keep up the good work

dun4cheap

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fig,

First, I hope your child is feeling better. Nothing worse than your kid not feeling good.

Thanks for the new update. I went to try the transferring the games from my wbfs drive to my hard drive as CISO's and it is still reporting that I don't have enough room. I noticed the changelog for the updated 3.1 beta 2 sais it will remove duplicates. I have 80 gig left on my ciso storage drive and I am only missing 8 games so 80 gig should be plent unless the names are not matching. I was wondering if you could set this option in the select section, so I can visibly see which games are missing from my ciso collection compared to my drive. This will let me also debug and see if the problem is with the naming convention of my games or a bug.

thanks for any help and ideas.

pontomedon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I'm sorry having to report another bug:
129 of my 130 Games work fine but the 130th ("Secret Files: Tunguska") is causing problems:
I can add it to my fat drive, and it displays correctly, no errors in the log. but as soon as i unmount the disk and mount again it is displayed red and says invalid as name and 00000 as id. This happened two times now, and both times i renamed all games from titles.txt before unmounting. I'm currently adding it one more time to see if the renaming causes the problem. If i can reproduce the problem i will also post the log.

edit: It's the renaming: I think because it tries to rename it to the same string, just with changed case ("RTUPKM_SECRET FILES- TUNGUSKA" to "RTUPKM_Secret Files- Tunguska").

Here's the full log (I've stripped a lot of common lines and added a few comments)

<html>
<body backgroundcolor=gray>
<c><b>Wii Backup Manager Log 21:41:07</b></c><br><br>
<font color=black>21:27:53 </font><font color=green>Log Started </font><br>
<font color=black>21:27:53 </font><font color=green>(DebugLevel) </font><font color=black><b>3</b></font><br>
<font color=black>21:27:53 </font><font color=green>(ReadSettings) </font><font color=black><b>C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\poseidon\Desktop\WiiBackupManager\settings.ini</b></font><br>
<font color=black>21:27:53 </font><font color=green>(Settings) PrevOpenFolder </font><font color=black><b>X:\cd Images\Wii</b></font><br>
<font color=black>21:27:53 </font><font color=green>(Settings) PrevSaveFolder </font><br>
<font color=black>21:27:53 </font><font color=green>(Settings) TempDir </font><font color=black><b>D:\WinRAR Temp</b></font><br>
<font color=black>21:27:53 </font><font color=green>(Settings) PartitionSelect </font><font color=black><b>0</b></font><br>
<font color=black>21:27:53 </font><font color=green>(Settings) AddFolderRecurse </font><font color=black><b>true</b></font><br>
<font color=black>21:27:53 </font><font color=green>(Settings) ExtractRAROnAdd </font><font color=black><b>false</b></font><br>
<font color=black>21:27:53 </font><font color=green>(Settings) AllowDupFiles </font><font color=black><b>false</b></font><br>
<font color=black>21:27:53 </font><font color=green>(Settings) AllowAnyFSForFAT </font><font color=black><b>false</b></font><br>
<font color=black>21:27:53 </font><font color=green>(Settings) NTFSISO </font><font color=black><b>true</b></font><br>
<font color=black>21:27:53 </font><font color=green>(Settings) WBFSFileSize </font><font color=black><b>2</b></font><br>
<font color=black>21:27:53 </font><font color=green>(Settings) UnitSize </font><font color=black><b>0</b></font><br>
<font color=black>21:27:53 </font><font color=green>(Settings) TitlesLanguage </font><font color=black><b>0</b></font><br>
<font color=black>21:27:53 </font><font color=green>(Settings) UseTitles </font><font color=black><b>true</b></font><br>
<font color=black>21:27:53 </font><font color=green>(Settings) WBFSFileUseFolders </font><font color=black><b>true</b></font><br>
<font color=black>21:27:53 </font><font color=green>(Settings) ConvertConventionOnMount </font><font color=black><b>true</b></font><br>
<font color=black>21:27:53 </font><font color=green>(Settings) AdvancedEntryEdit </font><font color=black><b>false</b></font><br>
<font color=black>21:27:53 </font><font color=green>(Settings) DriveBarColor 0 </font><font color=black><b>EBE9ED</b></font><br>
<font color=black>21:27:53 </font><font color=green>(Settings) DriveBarColor 1 </font><font color=black><b>000000</b></font><br>
<font color=black>21:27:53 </font><font color=green>(Settings) DriveBarColor 2 </font><font color=black><b>008000</b></font><br>
<font color=black>21:27:53 </font><font color=green>(Settings) DriveBarColor 3 </font><font color=black><b>00FF00</b></font><br>
<font color=black>21:27:53 </font><font color=green>(Settings) DriveBarColor 4 </font><font color=black><b>FF0000</b></font><br>
<font color=black>21:27:53 </font><font color=green>(Settings) ProgressBarColor 0 </font><font color=black><b>EBE9ED</b></font><br>
<font color=black>21:27:53 </font><font color=green>(Settings) ProgressBarColor 1 </font><font color=black><b>000000</b></font><br>
<font color=black>21:27:53 </font><font color=green>(Settings) ProgressBarColor 2 </font><font color=black><b>008000</b></font><br>
<font color=black>21:27:53 </font><font color=green>(Settings) ProgressBarColor 3 </font><font color=black><b>00FF00</b></font><br>
<font color=black>21:27:53 </font><font color=green>(Settings) ProgressBarColor 4 </font><font color=black><b>008000</b></font><br>
<font color=black>21:27:53 </font><font color=green>(Settings) LogColor 0 </font><font color=black><b>800080</b></font><br>
<font color=black>21:27:53 </font><font color=green>(Settings) LogColor 1 </font><font color=black><b>FF0000</b></font><br>
<font color=black>21:27:53 </font><font color=green>(Settings) LogColor 2 </font><font color=black><b>000080</b></font><br>
<font color=black>21:27:53 </font><font color=green>(Settings) LogColor 3 </font><font color=black><b>008000</b></font><br>
<font color=black>21:27:53 </font><font color=green>(Settings) TitleColor 0 </font><font color=black><b>000000</b></font><br>
<font color=black>21:27:53 </font><font color=green>(Settings) TitleColor 1 </font><font color=black><b>0000FF</b></font><br>
<font color=black>21:27:53 </font><font color=green>(Settings) TitleColor 2 </font><font color=black><b>800080</b></font><br>
<font color=black>21:27:53 </font><font color=green>(LoadTitles) Titles database version </font><font color=black><b>language: EN version: 20091216205731</b></font><br>
<font color=black>21:27:53 </font><font color=green>(LoadTitles) Titles found </font><font color=black><b>2220</b></font><br>
<font color=black>21:27:53 </font><font color=green>(LoadCustomTitles) Custom titles disabled </font><br>
<font color=black>21:27:56 </font><font color=green>(MountDrive1Thread) Thread started </font><br>
<font color=black>21:27:56 </font><font color=green>(WiiDrive.OpenFromDrive) Opened successfully. </font><font color=black><b>I WBFS Folder (FAT32)</b></font><br>

<font color=black>(...) </font><font color=green>(...) </font><font color=black><b>(A lot "Opened volume" / "Added disc" entries)</b></font><br>

<font color=black>21:27:57 </font><font color=blue>(MountDrive1Thread) Valid drive. </font><font color=black><b>Drive (I:) - FAT32</b></font><br>
<font color=black>21:27:57 </font><font color=green>(ColumnSort) 0 ms </font><br>
<font color=black>21:27:57 </font><font color=blue>(MountDrive1Thread) Found discs. </font><font color=black><b>129</b></font><br>
<font color=black>21:27:57 </font><font color=green>(MountDrive1Thread) Thread terminated. </font><br>
<font color=black>21:27:59 </font><font color=green>(AddFolder) Folder dialog shown.. </font><br>
<font color=black>21:28:01 </font><font color=green>(AddFolder) Folder dialog returned </font><font color=black><b>true</b></font><br>
<font color=black>21:28:01 </font><font color=green>(SearchFoldersThread) Thread started </font><br>

<font color=black>(...) </font><font color=green>(...) </font><font color=black><b>(A lot "Found file" entries)</b></font><br>

<font color=black>21:28:03 </font><font color=blue>Found files. </font><font color=black><b>2111</b></font><br>
<font color=black>21:28:03 </font><font color=green>(SearchFoldersThread) Thread terminated. </font><br>
<font color=black>21:28:03 </font><font color=blue>(SearchFoldersThread) Time taken. </font><font color=black><b>00:00:02</b></font><br>
<font color=black>21:28:03 </font><font color=green>(AddFilesThread) Thread started </font><br>
<font color=black>21:28:03 </font><font color=green>(AddFilesThread) File count </font><font color=black><b>2111</b></font><br>

<font color=black>(...) </font><font color=green>(...) </font><font color=black><b>(A lot "No valid files found in archive" and "Disc added" entries because of the multi part rar archives)</b></font><br>

<font color=black>21:28:49 </font><font color=blue>(AddFilesThread) Valid discs added. </font><font color=black><b>79</b></font><br>
<font color=black>21:28:49 </font><font color=green>(ColumnSort) 15 ms </font><br>
<font color=black>21:28:49 </font><font color=green>(AddFilesThread) Thread terminated. </font><br>
<font color=black>21:28:49 </font><font color=blue>(AddFilesThread) Time taken. </font><font color=black><b>00:00:45</b></font><br>
<font color=black>21:28:51 </font><font color=green>(AddFolder) Folder dialog shown.. </font><br>
<font color=black>21:28:57 </font><font color=green>(AddFolder) Folder dialog returned </font><font color=black><b>true</b></font><br>
<font color=black>21:28:57 </font><font color=green>(SearchFoldersThread) Thread started </font><br>

<font color=black>(...) </font><font color=green>(...) </font><font color=black><b>(A lot "Found file" entries (added a second folder ;-))</b></font><br>

<font color=black>21:28:58 </font><font color=blue>Found files. </font><font color=black><b>1328</b></font><br>
<font color=black>21:28:58 </font><font color=green>(SearchFoldersThread) Thread terminated. </font><br>
<font color=black>21:28:58 </font><font color=blue>(SearchFoldersThread) Time taken. </font><font color=black><b>00:00:01</b></font><br>
<font color=black>21:28:58 </font><font color=green>(AddFilesThread) Thread started </font><br>
<font color=black>21:28:58 </font><font color=green>(AddFilesThread) File count </font><font color=black><b>1328</b></font><br>

<font color=black>(...) </font><font color=green>(...) </font><font color=black><b>(A lot "No valid files found in archive" and "Disc added" entries because of the multi part rar archives)</b></font><br>

<font color=black>21:29:42 </font><font color=blue>(AddFilesThread) Valid discs added. </font><font color=black><b>51</b></font><br>
<font color=black>21:29:42 </font><font color=green>(ColumnSort) 16 ms </font><br>
<font color=black>21:29:42 </font><font color=green>(AddFilesThread) Thread terminated. </font><br>
<font color=black>21:29:42 </font><font color=blue>(AddFilesThread) Time taken. </font><font color=black><b>00:00:43</b></font><br>

<font color=black>(...) </font><font color=green>(...) </font><font color=black><b>(Here i started the transfer to Drive1)</b></font><br>

<font color=black>21:32:41 </font><font color=green>(FilesToDrive1Thread) Thread started </font><br>
<font color=black>21:32:41 </font><font color=green>(FilesToDrive1Thread) Disc count </font><font color=black><b>1</b></font><br>
<font color=black>21:35:30 </font><font color=blue>(WiiFatDrive.GetTempFilename) Created folder </font><font color=black><b>I:\wbfs\RTUPKM_SECRET FILES- TUNGUSKA</b></font><br>
<font color=black>21:35:30 </font><font color=green>(WiiFatDrive.OpenVolume) Created volume </font><font color=black><b>I:\wbfs\RTUPKM_SECRET FILES- TUNGUSKA\~416C.tmp</b></font><br>
<font color=black>21:38:47 </font><font color=green>(WiiFatDrive.OpenVolume) Created volume </font><font color=black><b>I:\wbfs\RTUPKM_SECRET FILES- TUNGUSKA\~416C.tm1</b></font><br>
<font color=black>21:38:53 </font><font color=green>(WiiFatDrive.OpenVolume) Opened volume </font><font color=black><b>I:\wbfs\RTUPKM_SECRET FILES- TUNGUSKA\~416C.tmp</b></font><br>
<font color=black>21:38:53 </font><font color=blue>(WBFSPartition.AddDisc) Disc added successfully. </font><font color=black><b>RTUPKM SECRET FILES: TUNGUSKA</b></font><br>
<font color=black>21:38:53 </font><font color=green>(WBFSPartition.Trim) </font><font color=black><b>4216 MB</b></font><br>
<font color=black>21:38:53 </font><font color=blue>(WiiFatDrive.RenameTempFiles) Renamed ~416C.tmp </font><font color=black><b>RTUPKM.wbfs</b></font><br>
<font color=black>21:38:53 </font><font color=blue>(WiiFatDrive.RenameTempFiles) Renamed ~416C.tm1 </font><font color=black><b>RTUPKM.wbf1</b></font><br>
<font color=black>21:38:54 </font><font color=green>(FilesToDrive1Thread) Refreshing drive. </font><font color=black><b>Drive (I:)</b></font><br>
<font color=black>21:38:54 </font><font color=green>(FilesToDrive1Thread) Thread terminated. </font><br>
<font color=black>21:38:54 </font><font color=blue>(FilesToDrive1Thread) Time taken. </font><font color=black><b>00:06:11</b></font><br>
<font color=black>21:38:54 </font><font color=green>(MountDrive1Thread) Thread started </font><br>
<font color=black>21:38:54 </font><font color=green>(WiiDrive.OpenFromDrive) Opened successfully. </font><font color=black><b>I WBFS Folder (FAT32)</b></font><br>

<font color=black>(...) </font><font color=green>(...) </font><font color=black><b>(Again: A lot "Opened volume" / "Added disc" entries, among them the "Secret Files: Tunguska")</b></font><br>

<font color=black>21:39:08 </font><font color=green>(WiiFatDrive.OpenVolume) Opened volume </font><font color=black><b>I:\wbfs\RTUPKM_SECRET FILES- TUNGUSKA\RTUPKM.wbfs</b></font><br>
<font color=black>21:39:08 </font><font color=green>(MountDrive1Thread) Added disc. </font><font color=black><b>RTUPKM SECRET FILES: TUNGUSKA</b></font><br>
<font color=black>21:39:08 </font><font color=blue>(MountDrive1Thread) Valid drive. </font><font color=black><b>Drive (I:) - FAT32</b></font><br>
<font color=black>21:39:08 </font><font color=green>(ColumnSort) 0 ms </font><br>
<font color=black>21:39:08 </font><font color=blue>(MountDrive1Thread) Found discs. </font><font color=black><b>130</b></font><br>
<font color=black>21:39:08 </font><font color=green>(MountDrive1Thread) Thread terminated. </font><br>

<font color=black>(...) </font><font color=green>(...) </font><font color=black><b>(Here i remounted the drive - everything fine so far)</b></font><br>

<font color=black>21:39:27 </font><font color=green>(MountDrive1Thread) Thread started </font><br>
<font color=black>21:39:28 </font><font color=green>(WiiDrive.OpenFromDrive) Opened successfully. </font><font color=black><b>I WBFS Folder (FAT32)</b></font><br>

<font color=black>(...) </font><font color=green>(...) </font><font color=black><b>(Again: A lot "Opened volume" / "Added disc" entries, among them the "Secret Files: Tunguska")</b></font><br>

<font color=black>21:39:29 </font><font color=green>(WiiFatDrive.OpenVolume) Opened volume </font><font color=black><b>I:\wbfs\RTUPKM_SECRET FILES- TUNGUSKA\RTUPKM.wbfs</b></font><br>
<font color=black>21:39:29 </font><font color=green>(MountDrive1Thread) Added disc. </font><font color=black><b>RTUPKM SECRET FILES: TUNGUSKA</b></font><br>
<font color=black>21:39:29 </font><font color=blue>(MountDrive1Thread) Valid drive. </font><font color=black><b>Drive (I:) - FAT32</b></font><br>
<font color=black>21:39:29 </font><font color=green>(ColumnSort) 0 ms </font><br>
<font color=black>21:39:29 </font><font color=blue>(MountDrive1Thread) Found discs. </font><font color=black><b>130</b></font><br>
<font color=black>21:39:29 </font><font color=green>(MountDrive1Thread) Thread terminated. </font><br>

<font color=black>(...) </font><font color=green>(...) </font><font color=black><b>(Here i clicked the rename all button and there's an error, seems because windows doesn't like renaming when only the case changed)</b></font><br>

<font color=black>21:40:38 </font><font color=green>(RenameTitlesThread) Thread started </font><br>
<font color=black>21:40:39 </font><font color=green>(WiiFatDrive.OpenVolume) Opened volume </font><font color=black><b>I:\wbfs\RTUPKM_SECRET FILES- TUNGUSKA\RTUPKM.wbfs</b></font><br>
<font color=black>21:40:39 </font><font color=blue>(WBFSPartition.UpdateActiveDisc) RTUPKM SECRET FILES: TUNGUSKA </font><font color=black><b>RTUPKM Secret Files: Tunguska</b></font><br>
<font color=black>21:40:39 </font><font color=green>(WiiFatDrive.OpenVolume) Opened volume </font><font color=black><b>I:\wbfs\RTUPKM_SECRET FILES- TUNGUSKA\RTUPKM.wbfs</b></font><br>
<font color=black>21:40:39 </font><font color=green>(WiiFatDrive.UpdateActiveDisc) Moved file I:\wbfs\RTUPKM_SECRET FILES- TUNGUSKA\RTUPKM.wbfs </font><font color=black><b>I:\wbfs\RTUPKM_Secret Files- Tunguska\RTUPKM.wbfs</b></font><br>
<font color=black>21:40:39 </font><font color=red>(WiiFatDrive.UpdateActiveDisc) Error Moving file I:\wbfs\RTUPKM_SECRET FILES- TUNGUSKA\RTUPKM.wbf1 </font><font color=black><b>I:\wbfs\RTUPKM_Secret Files- Tunguska\RTUPKM.wbf1 (Das System kann die angegebene Datei nicht finden)</b></font><br>
<font color=black>21:40:39 </font><font color=red>(WiiFatDrive.UpdateActiveDisc) Error deleting folder </font><font color=black><b>I:\wbfs\RTUPKM_SECRET FILES- TUNGUSKA (Das Verzeichnis ist nicht leer)</b></font><br>
<font color=black>21:40:39 </font><font color=green>(WiiFatDrive.OpenVolume) Opened volume </font><font color=black><b>I:\wbfs\RTUPKM_Secret Files- Tunguska\RTUPKM.wbfs</b></font><br>
<font color=black>21:40:39 </font><font color=red>(WBFSPartition.OpenFromHandle) Invalid HD sector count. Try enabling force mode. </font><br>
<font color=black>21:40:39 </font><font color=green>(ColumnSort) 0 ms </font><br>
<font color=black>21:40:39 </font><font color=green>(RenameTitlesThread) Thread terminated. </font><br>

<font color=black>(...) </font><font color=green>(...) </font><font color=black><b>(Remount again)</b></font><br>

<font color=black>21:40:44 </font><font color=green>(MountDrive1Thread) Thread started </font><br>
<font color=black>21:40:45 </font><font color=green>(WiiDrive.OpenFromDrive) Opened successfully. </font><font color=black><b>I WBFS Folder (FAT32)</b></font><br>

<font color=black>(...) </font><font color=green>(...) </font><font color=black><b>(Again: A lot "Opened volume" / "Added disc" entries, then as a last one:")</b></font><br>

<font color=black>21:40:46 </font><font color=green>(WiiFatDrive.OpenVolume) Opened volume </font><font color=black><b>I:\wbfs\RTUPKM_SECRET FILES- TUNGUSKA\RTUPKM.wbfs</b></font><br>
<font color=black>21:40:46 </font><font color=red>(WBFSPartition.OpenFromHandle) Invalid HD sector count. Try enabling force mode. </font><br>
<font color=black>21:40:46 </font><font color=red>(MountDrive1Thread) Invalid disc index. </font><font color=black><b>129</b></font><br>
<font color=black>21:40:46 </font><font color=blue>(MountDrive1Thread) Valid drive. </font><font color=black><b>Drive (I:) - FAT32</b></font><br>
<font color=black>21:40:46 </font><font color=green>(ColumnSort) 16 ms </font><br>
<font color=black>21:40:46 </font><font color=blue>(MountDrive1Thread) Found discs. </font><font color=black><b>130</b></font><br>
<font color=black>21:40:46 </font><font color=green>(MountDrive1Thread) Thread terminated. </font><br>
</body>
</html>

edit2: yes, it's the case sensitivity problem. i tricked the program into renaming correctly by manually editing titles.txt two times ;-) No error this time!

pontomedon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
yes, as i said, the problem is the renaming. without renaming theres no problem, and i managed to make the program rename it to the correct (lower case) name by editing titles.txt, first to "Secret Files: Tunguska_asdf", then renaming in the manager, then editing titles.txt back to original "Secret Files: Tunguska" and again renaming in the manager. Took me a while to figure out that titles.txt is only read at program startup, so i had to restart the manager after every action ;-)

TeenTin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Strange.

If the file is once made invalid, can it be fixed by your steps ? Or, it is needed to be transfer (made) again ?

pontomedon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
i have to transfer again, because the game is larger than 4gb and the second file is deleted on the failed try to rename ;-).

I guess whats happening is (in unix commands):
CODEmkdir #fails because windows is not case sensitive and thinks the directory already exists
mv #does nothing because for windows newdir is the same as the old one
rmdir -r #fails because the manager has a lock on the .wbfs file, but .wbf1 etc are removed

so the result is that the folder doesn't change, but every wbfs file except for the first one (.wbfs) are removed.

fig2k4

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Thanks for testing that, I'll look into it just now.

Edit:
A quick look at the log shows that I really should be using case insensitive string comparisons.. That should fix it.

Also, I didn't think to take into account that multi-volume RAR files would be using the newer naming convention. ie *.part01.rar, *.part02.rar...

Edit2:
BTW, the reason the system can't find the file is because I delete it before the move. When moving a file from source to destination, the destination file can't already exist or the move will fail. So, I delete the destination first, if it exists. Obviously because of the case sensitivity, that messes things up here quite badly..

Edit3:
The reason I use Movefile() now instead of RenameFile() is because of the new folder layout. It correctly handles renaming from flat files, as oggzee put it, to files in sub-folders and vice versa, just in case the drive is using a different convention than you've selected in the settings. If the filenames are identical apart from the case, then RenameFile() should be used instead.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COua5q4CByg