biggrin.gif

fig2k4

OP
Trophies
Website
www.wiibackupmanager.co.uk
XP
Country
Thanks, I'll add that link to the main post when I update it next. The next release will be here soon. I'm just working out the best way to load multi-byte characters from the titles.txt. I think it should be ready after that.

redia

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
fig2k4 said:
Thanks, I'll add that link to the main post when I update it next. The next release will be here soon. I'm just working out the best way to load multi-byte characters from the titles.txt. I think it should be ready after that.
fig2k4,

good to hear from you.
I am missing my dose of testing... lol.

cheers,
R

milcoi

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
fig2k4 said:
I should probably include some instructions from now on..

1. Click the Drive 1 tab. Click Drive, then .

If you want to use a non-USB or non-FAT32 drive for temp storage of the .wbfs file, then go to options->settings and untick "Show USB drives only" and tick "Allow any file system....", click OK and repeat step 1..

2. Once you have your drive selected and the wbfs folder is created, click the ISO Tab. Select Add->Files (or folder). Select your ISOs (or ISO folder).

3. Copy selected to..->Drive 1

That's about it. Let me know if you have any problems.

will this leave the .wbfs games scrubbed?

fig2k4

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
I've just upped version 0.2.0. The most significant new feature, IMO, is copying directly from DVD. And especially the multiboot disc support, so it's possible to copy and recover individual games from these discs with their original game ID and title.

BTW, If you see any strange characters after renaming from the titles.txt let me know.

Edit: Anything that's permanently disabled just hasn't be implemented yet. Feel free to request the disabled items so I can prioritise them.

redia

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
fig2k4,

thanks for the update.
I will try the dvd features tonight. and maybe even the multiboot (i have to build one for this matter;))
I tested very briefly the

the recursive option works.
the titles.txt is now downloaded with the correct language.

total/remaning time is not working correctly :
1. the remaining time seems pretty good when adding a game from iso with "game only", but is totally off when using "keep all partitions" (it reaches 0 before the copy end, and therefore give a huge number of hours... lol).. I have not seen any problem with the "remove update partition" but I need to test it more (and to make sure the iso I am adding has an update partition..lol)

2. the total time seems a little bit erratic, it randomly freezes.

the improvement to the GUI are nice.

once again, great work...
smile.gif

Cheers,
R

edit : as I am starting to test the dvd options I realized one option is missing.
maybe you could add a "release" option to each drive

fig2k4

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
redia said:
total/remaning time is not working correctly :
1. the remaining time seems pretty good when adding a game from iso with "game only", but is totally off when using "keep all partitions" (it reaches 0 before the copy end, and therefore give a huge number of hours... lol).. I have not seen any problem with the "remove update partition" but I need to test it more (and to make sure the iso I am adding has an update partition..lol)

2. the total time seems a little bit erratic, it randomly freezes.

Thanks for testing again
smile.gif

1. Damn, I only ever use "game only", I'll find the problem..
Edit: I found it. If you add the files to the list, then change the partitions to keep, the new size isn't calculated. So when you transfer the files, the old size is used to calculate the total that will be transferred. I can fix it by recalculating the game sizes if the partitions to keep changes.

2. The total time shouldn't change much if the speed is consistent. It should show the total time expected for the whole operation, from start to finish.

QUOTEedit : as I am starting to test the dvd options I realized one option is missing.
maybe you could add a "release" option to each drive

You mean to eject the DVD? Or to close the drive, ie. unselect it from the drive menu.. If you mean to unselect it, the menu item can be toggled. Select it to open the drive, select it again to close the drive.

redia

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
fig2k4 said:
Thanks for testing again
smile.gif

you are welcome.
as long as you keep them coming I will test it for you
smile.gif

QUOTE2. The total time shouldn't change much if the speed is consistent. It should show the total time expected for the whole operation, from start to finish.
due
wtf.gif
me stupid. you fiiiiinnnee... lol
yup, it makes sens now. sorry I missundertood.
I thought it was the "total remaining" (in case you are copying a few games)
not the total as "how long will the whole process take"...
me guilty. me sorry...
wink.gif

Cheers,
R

Neversoft

Trophies
XP
Country
fig2k4 said:
I've just upped version 0.2.0. The most significant new feature, IMO, is copying directly from DVD.
Sold! I've been waiting for an English language WBFS manager that handles DVD>HD transfers, I've been using a Jap app that had been hex edited into English *sob*

I have a new hero, and his name is "fig2k4"
biggrin.gif

yeebiz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome program. Somebody finally got me to switch off WBFS manager. Not an easy task because I have tried them all. The recursive feature works great and it is what got me to fully switch. Any chance of drag and drop support? Keep up the great work!

fig2k4

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Thanks, I'm glad you like it.
smile.gif
If you spot any bugs, remember to let me know..

I've fixed the "total/remaining time is not working correctly" problem. Now the disc sizes are recalculated if you change the "partitions to keep" in the settings dialog.

If there's nothing major to fix in this release, I can move on to implement more stuff.. Probably spoke to soon there, cue the massive bug report.
tongue.gif

TeenTin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
I hope that the manager can display "different versions of the same game".

For example, I have two versions of wiisports. One old version and one new version (with wiimote cover). However, the two versions have the same gameID so that the manager only display one of them. Would you please make ALL of them displayed so that I can choose which to install ? Many thanks !

TeenTin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
fig2k4 said:
No problem.

I'll add an option in the dialog because personally, I want to add loads of folders sometimes and I don't want any duplicates I the list. Obviously I can see why you need it though.
smile.gif

Thanks a LOT !
bow.gif

Actually, I even have some translated (Chinese) version of games. (e.g. Zelda, Monster Hunter 3, etc.)

fig2k4

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
It could be that your graphics card can't handle non-power of 2 textures. I'll check for this and resize to 256x256 or something, just to use as the texture for the box. The original image will stay untouched.

The other textures show OK though? It could be a texture size issue too, if the full covers are HQ ones.

To make sure, I'll check for the max texture size and NPOT support. Resizing the image would fix it in either case.

TeenTin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Some more requests concerning the function of renaming game title :

1. Adding batch renaming function.
2. Adding options to renaming the per game txt files only, without touching the game files.
3. Adding options to display the game titles according to the per game txt files (if exist).

Many many many thanks indeed !

This is now my favorite backup manager !!!

fig2k4

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
TeenTin said:
1. Adding batch renaming function.
2. Adding options to renaming the per game txt files only, without touching the game files.
3. Adding options to display the game titles according to the per game txt files (if exist).

1. There's batch functions in Tools->Titles->Rename **
2. It does rename the disc inside WBFS, but when it's extracted to ISO again, it will still have the original title. Is it really worth just renaming the text files?
3. I'll add that sometime. And I just remembered I was supposed to add on the fly renaming of the titles. ie. The titles are renamed only in the lists, automatically from the titles.txt.

Edit: For people that want to use the on the fly title renaming, I'll hide all renaming functions to save confusion.

Bluee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is my understanding that currently with this program, ISOs can only be backed up to a WBFS drive or a .wbfs file on a FAT partition.

Is there any way, with this program or otherwise, to back up ISOs in the .wbfs format but on a NTFS partition (i.e. on a local computer). I'd like to avoid having to make a specific FAT partition on one of my local computer HDs to back up my ridiculously full-sized Wii ISOs. I know RAR can be done, but I'd like to avoid that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I haven't played my Switch n a month or so, just been playing Xbox, and just picked to play lil...