Wii backup Manager for Windows

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by fig2k4, Oct 30, 2009.

Oct 30, 2009

Wii backup Manager for Windows by fig2k4 at 2:17 PM (4,098,078 Views / 11 Likes) 2,800 replies

1. fig2k4
    OP

Member fig2k4 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    I'm afraid it's not implemented yet. I felt like I had to release the bug fix as soon as possible because it's the main purpose of the app after all, to convert between different formats. Hopefully soon..

2. TeenTin

Member TeenTin GBAtemp Maniac

Hong Kong
    So, are the converted .wbfs files (from .iso) by 0.1.7 fine ? Or, should I need to convert the .iso files to .wbfs files again ? Thanks.

3. redia

Member redia GBAtemp Fan

Switzerland
    don't worry.
    the fact that it is there is a very good thing.
    it means you have plans for that.
    and this rocks [​IMG]

R

4. fig2k4
    OP

United Kingdom
    @TeenTin

.wbfs files have been OK since 0.1.6. If you plan to extract to .iso for burning, I'd suggest 0.1.8 because I fixed a bug that made the ISOs too small (data was fine, empty space at the end was missing).

Anyone that has a duff ISO like that can convert to .wbfs and back to .iso again to fix it..

@redia

I just finished the titles.txt stuff. Now you can rename all, rename selected or right click to rename a single entry.

I'm adding more right click menu items now. like copy to->(iso,ciso,..), remove etc. which means you can work with single entries without having the tick the box first, then select the menu item. Much quicker.

I also want to import and export single .wbfs files, just like an ISO. So you can add a WBFS file to the file list and add it to a drive, convert to ISO etc.. And extract a single WBFS file from any drive.

Anyway, that's the plans for now. [​IMG]

If you want to test the title.txt thing PM me and I'll send the exe. I really don't think it's worth another quick release for the one feature eh?

5. gameshark

Member gameshark GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    burned an extracted iso from your app anubis.iso (504mb) and it played perfectly on my wii.

burned it within 2 minutes.

GameShark

6. fig2k4
    OP

United Kingdom
    That's great news. It's something I haven't tested, thanks.

BTW, the 504MB was the size on WBFS, not the ISO?

7. a67543210

Newcomer a67543210 Newbie

United Kingdom
    I have been fooling around with this software transfering games between two WD 500 GB drives on Windows 7. 3 issues keep reoccuring.

1. When the software finishes to copy a set of games, it then says 'Wiibackupmanager.exe has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working. Windows will close the program and notify you if any solution is available'. The program then closes. All games are properly copied though, and recognised by cfgloader.

2. Once games have been copied from disk 1 to disk 2, the software is not able to display any games from disk 2 and gives the following error when you click on disk 2. 'Access violation at address 0049260D in module 'wiibackupmanager.exe'. Read of address 0000008.
    When the pop up is closed, the software does not crash and you can still copy games from disk 1 to disk 2. But disk 1 is fully accessible and the games can be scrolled, selected etc. Disk 2 is not accessible at all. No display after the error.

Outside these, the program works great.

8. fig2k4
    OP

United Kingdom
    It's a couple of strange ones that I haven't seen here..

1. Probably doing something bad when the copy thread terminates. eg. accessing memory that's been not allocated..
    2. Have you tried opening both drives as "drive 1"? are they both OK there?
    3. Did you forget 3? [​IMG]

It's going to be tricky to track these bugs down without being able to reproduce the problems.

Hmm... Are you using an admin account in Win7?

9. Sacohen9665

Member Sacohen9665 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Version 1.8 works great. I converted a wbfs file to an ISO and it was 4.37 GB like everything else.

The title export feature works great too.

Thanks

10. gameshark

Member gameshark GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    it was the iso after extracting the fat wbfs

11. FoGBaV

Newcomer FoGBaV Advanced Member

Sweden
    TXT Export and title.txt implemented ... Yeah ! You are the man ! Thank you very much ...

One big thing left (i think it should be really fast to be implemented) is recursive subfolder scanning when adding a folder.

Thank you very much for the great app !!!

12. Tristar

Member Tristar GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    Here's another little bug for ya:

Select your FAT32 source drive (I don't know if this happens with WBFS formatted drive)

Once the titles are listed, right-click any title and click 'edit entry'.

Click OK and once the window closes close Backup Manager program.

The next time you restart the program there will be an additional list of the game you just edited (or didn't edit)

The second listing shows a size much larger that the original.

If you do it again you get a third even larger entry listed..... etc. etc

If you actually change the Game Title, the original listing remains and the 'new title' seems to aquire a new GameID

Hmmm interesting.....

13. a67543210

Newcomer a67543210 Newbie

United Kingdom
    @Fig2k4.

1. Yes I have tried both disk in Drive 1. I did more testing today and was logged in as admin. I realised both drives will only display the gamelist in the hard disk if it is WBFS formatted. If one is WBFS and one Fat32. Then you get the situation were you see the gamelist in the WBFS drive, with all the functions working well, and the Fat32 drive displaying the error message quoted earlier. Though games will still be added
    If both are then Fat32 formatted, none will display the gamelist, connected as 'drive 1' or 'drive 2'. The access violatoin error comes up. However, ISOs can be added to both drives. In this case No disk to disk copy function can be done as the drives formatted as Fat32 are not accessible.

Sorry, point 2(fat32 unable to display games on windows 7) was merged with point 3, that is why I did not have any point 3(error displayed) in my last post.

14. fig2k4
    OP

United Kingdom
    @a67543210

I've found the problem. There's a corrupt/incomplete/invalid .wbfs file on your drive. I'll add code to handle this, with a dialog to choose whether to delete the files..

Edit: It's probably better to ignore invalid files during normal use and have a scandisk function that scans for and fixes errors.

With WBFS, I could check for invalid entries, delete them, then build a table of all used block, freeing any blocks that are no longer used. With FAT/WBFS File, it would just be a case of checking for invalid files, id_title.txt files that don't have a matching .wbfs, things like that. Could be useful.

@Tristar

Edit entry is broken since I added the sorted columns. I forgot to change that function to compensate for the sorting. duh!

15. Tristar

Australia
    @fig2k4

Where do the new files come from that are 'created' by edit?

Is it OK just to delete them?

16. fig2k4
    OP

United Kingdom
    It wasn't creating any new files, it renamed the wrong files. if you look in the list, eg. I had 15 games, after editing and restarting, there are still 15 games. I'll get the fixed release up as soon as possible.

Edit: I'm afraid the wrongly renamed items are fooked because you'll have no idea what game it was. The ID has been changed etc.

17. fig2k4
    OP

United Kingdom
    Version 0.1.9 is up with the fixes and titles.txt support.

18. Tristar

Australia
    @fig2k4

Ahh right - So should be OK to let the Manager delete all the affected titles then see which games I need to copy back to the drive?

Or is it best just to start again loading up the drive?

19. fig2k4
    OP

United Kingdom
    Just deleting the affected files will be OK. The actual edit entry function was working, it just edited the wrong entry index because of the sorting. It should be OK now in 0.1.9.

20. redia

Member redia GBAtemp Fan

Switzerland
    fig2k4,

just tested version 0.1.9
    here are a few things I found :
    - disable format on system drive
    - titles.txt should be localized, right now it is downloading only the en one..
    - allow file (iso and ciso) to be renamed from titles.txt
    - allow drive display using titles.txt without renaming the games (only on the fly)... this is a viable option because some people (like me) want to keep untouched wbfs drives/files, but use titles.txt in the loader.
    - add a reset option to folder list... (when adding to a drive. if I use "remove files from list after copy".. I have to reload the folder if I want to populate another drive..)
    - the right click on a file is not working yet (maybe not active yet)

that's all for now.

you are really going a great work.
    R