Trophies
Website
www.power-ups.net
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Mystical Ninja: Starring Goemon still freezes after the intro
frown.gif

Goemon's Great Adventure still kicks you to the Wii64 menu after you choose a character.
Castlevania 64 doesn't load, kicks you to Wii 64 menu without showing anything in screen.
Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness gives you a DSI error and you need to press Reset button to go back to Homebrew Channel.

But, at least Banjo Kazooie runs VERY good, with 58-61 fps
wacko.gif

boomtisk

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Yeah, Banjo indeed runs great, don't be thrown off by the fact that the cutscenes/attract mode don't run very well, the actual game plays extremely well aside from the occasional slowdown (which leads to slightly garbled music) and missing textures on the occasional model. Awesome work!

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
It's really an awesome project ... but I feel there will be an optimization limit for the Wii, the dynarec is pretty much completed as far as I understood, they already use GX at its full potential for graphic rendering (much more than any other emulators from what I have seen), what else coud they done to improve speed ?

Honestly, I fear that games not running fullspeed won't get significant amelioration now and that upcoming releases will be focused on emulation bug fixes (I heard about porting a better GFX plugin ?)
Still, this is by far the most impressive homebrew developped yet.

TyRaNtM

I did some projects..
Trophies
Website
www.power-ups.net
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Is my imagination, or D-PAD Right (at least with Classic Controller) is broken in this version?
Because, if you play something that use D-PAD, you press D-PAD Right and is like pressing a button.

In Configure Buttons, you can change it, but still have problems with the buttons.
Hope that problem will be fixed soon.

For example, with Kirby 64 is nearly impossible to play it fine, because you absorb a enemy power and pressing D-PAD Left you split out the power.
In other games like Mortal Kombat Trilogy you need to play with Analog Stick because this bug.

rolandpibb

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
KiiWii said:
LightyKD said:
Someone please tell me if any of the THQ wrestling games work.

WCW vs NWO revenge just black screens, though if you press "2" you can hear it clicking through the various screens.

With this v1.1 beta honey or just the regular wii64? Damn I loved that game!

gamerjr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*cries* Only game i really wanted to run was blast corps
frown.gif
soo many good times playing that. And i cant find my old copy or find a used version.

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
gamerjr said:
*cries* Only game i really wanted to run was blast corps
frown.gif
soo many good times playing that. And i cant find my old copy or find a used version.

It could just be the rom version. It would be worth testing different region/version dumps.
EDIT: tried every version i could find, and messed with each mode systematically: still doesnt work
frown.gif

justjack

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
LightyKD said:
Someone please tell me if any of the THQ wrestling games work.

In WWF No Mercy some graphics on the menus are missing so you can't change some options correctly...

But when you finally get to the ring, it plays very well o.o

EDIT:

Tested Killer Instinct Gold
ohmy.gif
It has the same problem as No Mercy, you can't see the menus properly, but in game it runs great D:

aml435

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've seen people listing Donkey Kong 64 as black screening, but when I tried this rom "Donkey Kong 64 (U) [!].z64". it ran rather glitchily and slowly through the menus and the intro before I returned to the menu to try a different game.

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
aml435 said:
I've seen people listing Donkey Kong 64 as black screening, but when I tried this rom "Donkey Kong 64 (U) [!].z64". it ran rather glitchily and slowly through the menus and the intro before I returned to the menu to try a different game.
try it in-game then.

black screen doesnt mean frozen or not working entirely, it means the screen is black but sound could be working.

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
QUOTE said:
emukidid:
Generally, if the graphics are flickering or things are missing onscreen, please try to enable Framebuffer textures. CPU Framebuffer emulation is only used for homebrew N64 demos, don’t tamper with that unless you’re running homebrew code which isn’t displaying anything onscreen.

Until the compat list is updated, off the top of my head, the following games benefit heavily or require that framebuffer textures are enabled: Mario Party 1,2,3, Perfect Dark, Mario Golf, Body Harvest, Megaman 64, Pokemon Snap, Jet Force Gemini.

kyle007

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
anybody gotten the new version to work with a forwarder channel? or embedded even (it might work on the wii menu but im trying to use crazy intro) i tried a forwarder channel, a "real" channel, and a hidden channel changing crazyintro.xml accordingly each time, but i havent been able to get it to work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZokeA2lKB6o