Hacking Wii 3.4 and USB loader with Tiger Woods 2010

jwildes

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just recently purchsed Tiger Woods 2010 for the Wii. I am on 3.4 with homebrew channel installed and usb loader installed. When I put the Tiger Woods disc in it checks for latest update and then asks me to install. Should I install latest update (4.0 i'm guessing) or is there a risk of my usb loader not working after that. What should I do?

jwildes

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I planned on putting it on the Hard Drive for usb loader...does that bypass the system check? Also will I be able to play online with it off the hard drive

purechaos996

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jwildes said:
I planned on putting it on the Hard Drive for usb loader...does that bypass the system check? Also will I be able to play online with it off the hard drive

Yes it will take out the update that falls under "junk data".
Yes you should be able to play online.

jwildes

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cool that helps a bunch...sorry kind of a newb at homebrew on the wii. If future games require a system update can that be acomplished by costume cios?

jwildes

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to be a pain, I'm at work and can't test this out so I'm just being curious. When you say it is part of the junk data does it skip the check all together or does it still come up and then I bypass it somehow. Thanks

purechaos996

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jwildes said:
Sorry to be a pain, I'm at work and can't test this out so I'm just being curious. When you say it is part of the junk data does it skip the check all together or does it still come up and then I bypass it somehow. Thanks

It completely takes the update out of the game. so it skips the update check. Also if newer games do need a update to run then its most likely because the game runs on a certain IOS the easy way around this is to simply download the .wad file of the IOS and install it via wad manager 1.3 or 1.4 however it is againts the TOS to ask for IOS or cIOS wads so you will have to look else where

TornZero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jwildes, I updated my Wii to 4.0U with HBC installed and using the official update. Nothing bad happened and HBC wasn't deleted. I got BannerBomb for my important homebrew (Like WADManager) and use HBC for whatever isn't blocked now. I can still change the IOS'/cIOS' without problem. You can update officially and you'll be okay if you BannerBomb your way through if you have to unless you altered the cIOS already. If you did, then use Waninkoko's updater and instructions. Then just BannerBomb your way through.

malahl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
want to make sure you guys understand the issue.

When putting in the disc, there is a system update in the game channel. THe messaging states "this update is required to play the game. Warning unauthorized modifications will be removed and may cause your wii to quit functioning" or somesuch.

I am not sure if simply sending the game to the HDD or installing the update (4.1?) will work with the current Bannerbomb / HBC.

Myself, I am not willing to try until someone else does
smile.gif

OncleJulien

tool of peers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
malahl said:

When putting in the disc, there is a system update in the game channel. THe messaging states "this update is required to play the game. Warning unauthorized modifications will be removed and may cause your wii to quit functioning" or somesuch.

I am not sure if simply sending the game to the HDD or installing the update (4.1?) will work with the current Bannerbomb / HBC.

smile.gif
you and me both...i ripped and played the game just fine, with one exception, the 'motion plus instructions', as with the tennis thread, makes the game/wii reboot to the system menu.

TeenTin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
OncleJulien said:
malahl said:

smile.gif
you and me both...i ripped and played the game just fine, with one exception, the 'motion plus instructions', as with the tennis thread, makes the game/wii reboot to the system menu.

Do you have motion plus ? Does it work fine ?

malahl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TeenTin said:
OncleJulien said:
malahl said:

smile.gif

Do you have motion plus ? Does it work fine ?
okay HDD (usb) install and wii motion plus work fine. Panic averted.

jaykop

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
USB loader with Tiger Woods 2010 usa on pal wii does not load it gets past the white screen with the controller warning then it shows a picture of tiger woods 2010 then a blackscreen any one get any ideas for me ........

jono@home

Trophies
XP
Country
jaykop said:
it does'nt make sense why it gets that far then a blackscreen...

I haven't tried it so I can't comment... you running it from usb loader.. ?? if so allow disc default video mode.

jaykop

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE(jono@home @ Jun 10 2009, 01:43 PM)
jaykop said:
it does'nt make sense why it gets that far then a blackscreen...

I haven't tried it so I can't comment... you running it from usb loader.. ?? if so allow disc default video mode.

just gave that a go and nope it didnt work dam i have just got the Wii Motion Plus from asda today lol

malahl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE(jono@home @ Jun 10 2009, 04:40 AM) wait for the pal version... especially if you want to play online...
or just buy the game. im just saying

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: ... that's rough buddy