Wii #2664 - Super Sentai Battle: Ranger Cross (Japan)

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gokujr1000 said:
buffdog said:
gokujr1000 said:
Are the Power Rangers in Japan equally bad and cheesy as the ones in America/Australia/England etc.?
yep to right
unsure.gif

Damn. People make the Japanese version sound epic. I was hoping to get into a new Tv Show...

Nah, just Sentai fanboys that think everything is better in Japanese. If I were you, however I would check out this year's Sentai series considering that any US adaptation of Gokaiger will be extremely different. As a stand alone series, Gokaiger is just epic and makes me nostalgic for Sentai series that I have never watched. You truly do gain a level of respect for everything the Super Sentai franchise has done over 35 years.

gokujr1000

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
LightyKD said:
gokujr1000 said:
buffdog said:
gokujr1000 said:
Are the Power Rangers in Japan equally bad and cheesy as the ones in America/Australia/England etc.?
yep to right
unsure.gif

Damn. People make the Japanese version sound epic. I was hoping to get into a new Tv Show...

Nah, just Sentai fanboys that think everything is better in Japanese. If I were you, however I would check out this year's Sentai series considering that any US adaptation of Gokaiger will be extremely different. As a stand alone series, Gokaiger is just epic and makes me nostalgic for Sentai series that I have never watched. You truly do gain a level of respect for everything the Super Sentai franchise has done over 35 years.

Yeah I'll check out Gokaiger sometime this week. Although the cheesiness of the US Adapted Version I do give it and the Japanese version a decent amount of respect for staying alive all these years without anything majorly dragging it down.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gokujr1000 said:
LightyKD said:
gokujr1000 said:
buffdog said:
gokujr1000 said:
yep to right
unsure.gif

Yeah I'll check out Gokaiger sometime this week. Although the cheesiness of the US Adapted Version I do give it and the Japanese version a decent amount of respect for staying alive all these years without anything majorly dragging it down.

Watch this... BTW this is the beginning of Gokaiger but with music edited as to not be taken off of Youtube.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FY8zyxvk4O0[/youtube]

gokujr1000

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
LightyKD said:
gokujr1000 said:
LightyKD said:
gokujr1000 said:
buffdog said:
gokujr1000 said:
yep to right
unsure.gif

Watch this... BTW this is the beginning of Gokaiger but with music edited as to not be taken off of Youtube.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FY8zyxvk4O0[/youtube]

So Gokaiger is some sort of united Power Rangers thing?

japanman93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gokujr1000 said:
So Gokaiger is some sort of united Power Rangers thing?

No dude, let me set you straight. POWER RANGERS IS JUST A WATERED DOWN AMERICAN VERSION OF THE JAPANESE SUPER SENTAI SERIES.

Super Sentai was created in 1975 by Shotaro IshinomoriShotaro Ishinomori's wikipedia article

Here's a video of all 35 SUPER SUPER SENTAI TEAMS to this date.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ors9QuebHN0[/youtube]

Now, The first Power Rangers Series from 1993 (Mighty Morphin Power Rangers), is actually, just an american adaption of the 16th Super Sentai series from 1992 (Kyoru Sentai Zyuranger) [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOyrfcXRPCo[/youtube] [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuLYs0-pers&feature=related[/youtube]

and Gokaiger is the 35th anniversary series, for this year. They have the power to transform into ALL OF THE RANGERS. [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xy2mf93kwMg[/youtube]

Usually the "Powers Rangers" season in america is the "Super Sentai" that japan had the year before, but because of stupid disney, we are 2 years behind. I hope this cleared your confusion dude. OH AND THERE HAVE BEEN SHOWS LIKE THIS IN JAPAN SINCE THE LATE 50'S SUPER SENTAI IS JUST ONE SHOW FROM THIS GENRE. YOU SHOULD ALSO CHECK OUT KAMEN RIDER AND THE METAL HEROES AND TOMICA HERO

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lets correct ONE major thing. Power Rangers is NOT a version of Sentai but an adaptation. Just because both shows use the same fight footage it does not mean that they share the same story. Now, with that said, there are a few seasons of Power Rangers that tend to cut and paste from Sentai more than others. Mystic Force, Wild Force and even the current Samurai are examples. Now, while some seasons take more from their Japanese counter parts, they also work within the continuity of the Power Rangers Universe. So far there are only two Rangers seasons that are messing with the time line. Power Rangers Samurai (2011) and Power Rangers RPM (2009). I really wish the writers would set the timeline straight. We already have a dual timeline situation going on (i.e. the new Star Trek movie) thanks to Power Rangers Time Force (2001). I think that needs to be explored more.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mA-vTRfE_x0