Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
silkyskeeter said:
prowler_ said:
So this game is not working on USB loader GX?
=/

What about CFG?
And if I were to use CFG, do I have to do anything else to the Wii (like installing IOS's) or can I just boot it up on HBC?

Sorry, I'm retarded when it comes to the Wii >:
Seems to work just fine on GX, just like any other game. Maybe ppl are just having problems because they keep constantly updating their IOSs. Im still using v14 myself and havent had a reason to update it for any game(I just use cIOS 222/223 work arounds for games that wont work, which I only had to do for 3 games. Everything else works just fine under cIOS 249).

First Impression: God this game has some of the most awful voice acting I have ever heard. Playing this game on composite (480i) it looks pretty decent but once you switch to component (480p) it look pretty freaking bad. The battle system is standard JRPG but nothing is wrong with that so long as you like that kind of game (if you dont then you shouldnt have even bothered downloading the game). So far it seems like it is gonna be a fun ride. I just hope I can tolerate this awful voice acting through the whole story.

Man I love Usenet. Downloaded this game in 30mins. Well worth the money I pay for it.

So changing to component cables makes the graphics worse?!

silkyskeeter

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Satangel said:

In a sense. Because it is higher resolution when using component cables (480p) you see all the pixels at the edge of the characters. Where as using composite cables (480i) the edges are blurred over because it is lower resolution. So, yeah, using component cables ,on this game, actually makes the graphics look alot worse (weirdly enough). Not really all that bad of a thing, just noticable.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Satangel said:
game looks fine for me on component you all must just have shitty tvs or don't know how to adjust the colour, sharpness settings etc there's even a sharpness setting in the options USE IT i have mine set on about 4. i am running this on a 60" plasma and it looks stunning even though it's LG brand. don't expect it to look like FF this is the wii don't forget! and to all those who are bothered by the voices...zomg seriously so you play a game just for voice acting huh?! there's even some guy whos trying to put the jap voices back in for fucks sake that's the LAST thing i DON'T want in MY RPG's! -shakes head and walks away while laughing -
tongue.gif

PrinceNOOB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bladexdsl said:
Satangel said:
game looks fine for me on component you all must just have shitty tvs or don't know how to adjust the colour, sharpness settings etc there's even a sharpness setting in the options USE IT i have mine set on about 4. i am running this on a 60" plasma and it looks stunning even though it's LG brand. don't expect it to look like FF this is the wii don't forget! and to all those who are bothered by the voices...zomg seriously so you play a game just for voice acting huh?! there's even some guy whos trying to put the jap voices back in for fucks sake that's the LAST thing i DON'T want in MY RPG's! -shakes head and walks away while laughing -
tongue.gif
Yeah the game looks great in 480p for me too.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
1st thing your gonna wanna concentrate on is increasing your magic otherwise you'll be relaying on items all the time and you will run out of magic fast against bosses. so get grinding from the start!

silkyskeeter

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Bladexdsl said:
Satangel said:
tongue.gif
Different strokes for different folks. It doesnt bother you but to so many it bugs the living shit out to of them that they have to listen to poor English voice acting with no option to change it.

The look has nothing to do with the TV, like I said, it just makes it apparent that the game wasnt made to be 480p. Which is obvious if you ever played a 480p game. News flash: colour has nothing to do with resolution nor can sharpness fix pixeled edges it will just make it look even worse. The look of this game has NOTHING to do with the TV brand or size (even though there are some shitty TVs out there claiming they are HDTVs (LG is one of those shitty brands as well. Even though I have heard their brand is getting better.). ANY HDTV can display 480p, ANY OF THEM. So no need to flex your hardware for no reason. The TV I am using can do crystal clear 1080p LET ALONE 480p and it is only a 19" Curtis LCD HDTV. And I still say it looks like shit in 480p and I have tried it on my the wife's crappy 36" Legend HDTV, My 52" Sony Bravia HDTV, as well as this small 19" Curtis LCD HDTV (That I use as a TV for Wii gaming as well as a monitor for my laptop.). You must just have low standards for you Wii gaming, even though it is capable of doing awesome things.

You are deluding yourself if you think this game looks stunning. Why not expect it to look like Final Fantasy? Hell it looks bad even compared to Ps2 standards and the Wii is superior in hardware to the Ps2. So expecting it to look atleast like Final Fantasy 10-12 which were Ps2 games that looked stunning on component, isnt too much to ask for from a 2010 Wii game.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
silkyskeeter said:
You are deluding yourself if you think this game looks stunning. Why not expect it to look like Final Fantasy? Hell it looks bad even compared to Ps2 standards and the Wii is superior in hardware to the Ps2. So expecting it to look atleast like Final Fantasy 10-12 which were Ps2 games that looked stunning on component, isnt too much to ask for from a 2010 Wii game.
and your nothing but a gfx/playstation whore so DON'T speak to me again i want nothing to do with YOUR KIND
rolleyes.gif

PrinceNOOB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bladexdsl said:
fuck it just froze in me right before the battle with the mercenary guy in the 2nd town using GX!! fuck this it goes on a disc.
Are you using the lastest gx it works fine for me :wtf:

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
i have usbl r883 i think the most stable version and it does it. tried r989 exact same spot it froze so it's definitely AP

tried config loader, uloader ALL freeze!

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bladexdsl said:
it must be i checked update it said no new versions

Try uLoader, it usually works for most games that don't work on GX. It's not as pretty but it's got superior compatibility.

Also, don't post the same exact post twice in two different threads. I'm sure we'll stumble across both threads eventually.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
it freeze for me too, at the same spot (the battle, when joining forces).

Test result :
USBloaderGX r927
cIOS38 r17 : Freeze
cIOSx v19[57] : Freeze
Hermes cIOS[37+38]v4 : Freeze
Hermes cIOS[???]v5 :

neogamma : (cIOSv17) Freeze
Sneek :
PAL :
NTSC-U :
From Disc : Bladexdsl tested it, and said it doesn't work either. (freeze or doesn't run ?) not missing IOS33 ?

Next step : Trying japanese version.

Edit :
I just installed cIOS r19 (base 57), and when I launch the game with IOS250, I got an error message from USBloaderGX : 'WBFS error : bad Magic' (but the game runs nevertheless after that). game is on WBFS partition.
The game freeze with base57 too (but maybe related to the error I got)

The game uses IOS33 by default, that's an old one :/

B

Bladeforce

I gave up with GX because of the amount of times games were broke when other loaders played them. Seems this is another time, this works fine on wiiflow latest version been playing it for hours now. Drop GX it's getting a bit bloated for its own good

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Sonic Angel Knight, Meth cake lol