Wii #1514 - Muramasa: The Demon Blade (USA)

mphil145

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
just played up until beating the first boss and so far it's nothing special. Is the whole game like this or does it get better cause the running from left to right while jumping up for souls and cutting some enemies isn't really doing it for me

Unfortunately yes that is the whole game. It is a fun game but it is rather shallow and basic

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep its pretty much hack hack, jump jump, get items, cook food, talk to people, back track to areas that you couldn't do stuff in before and level up. If you want you can grind your way through or you can just follow the story.

Its essentially a side scrolling RPG and I am enjoying it the second time round this time understanding the story. It does get a lot more challenging which stops it from getting boring.

Not for everyone but if you appreciate the style of the game you can have a lot of fun. Some people will be able to play this non-stop, others may be wise to play it in short 30 minute bursts.

Jaems

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It's fun and awesome and stuff, but not as deep as Odin Sphere, which is a shame.
Funny thing is, people were driven away from Odin Sphere because they thought it was too "complicated." Is that why they simplified it with Muramasa?

What a bunch of hoopla.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jaems said:
Funny thing is, people were driven away from Odin Sphere because they thought it was too "complicated." Is that why they simplified it with Muramasa?
The developers are fans of The Legend of Kage & Genpei T?ma Den and wanted to create a similar game but add RPG elements to the gameplay.

Raylene2K7

Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica
Jaems said:
What? I've never heard someone say Odin Sphere is too complicated, must be some friends of yours who say so. In fact, i think it's much easier to handle than Muramasa.

I don't like Odin Sphere's greek god and knight scenario and that the level maps are circles.
The asian scenario plus more jumping elements is what i like much more on Muramasa.

Jaems

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well, that's what I heard man.
I didn't get it either.

And sure, it was easier to handle than Muramasa, but it was also much deeper. So much cooler stuff you can do. Like plant stuff. lol
So far, Muramasa hasn't been more than just mashing B and jumping around at the right time, trying hard not to die. Though, I'm not saying it's not fun. I'm having a blast.

lachinay

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
fuzzyponken said:
Works with PAL Wii modded with WiiKey2 without any problems whatsoever.
Really? Nice! I've got first-gen WiiKey and the disc wasn't even recognized. Then I used Neogamma (as advised above) and launched it in 480p with no problem whatsoever.

kboxer

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mini ninjas is out on Usenet wasnt sure if I was allowed to start a thread for it. The game is ntsc region AND here is the file name: icon-mnj-wii

taggart6

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If you like this game please purchase it when it releases. Fantastic games like this need our support so that future fantastic games get made and released.

I've got my pre-order at Amazon waiting.
smile.gif

SinR

The Terribad Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
taggart6 said:
If you like this game please purchase it when it releases. Fantastic games like this need our support so that future fantastic games get made and released.

I've got my pre-order at Amazon waiting.
smile.gif

this man speaks truth. i got mine still waiting from Amazon as well, should be here soon. got the japanese version and thought it was awesome, heard US was getting a localization and pre-ordered it

sjeps

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
Crass said:
This game is awesome, works great with loader GX, just required the 002 fix. Great gameplay, good music, awesome graphics, and all the weeaboos will love this: all the dialogue is the original japanese voice acting. Also is playable with the classic controller. Finally a great game for the Wii.
yaynds.gif

how did you do the 002 fix?

godsakes

Trophies
XP
Country
it's a decent game - but i kinda prefer odin sphere, deeper gameplay, more gripping story etc

they've tried to go a bit more castlevania with this but it's too basic, there should be somekind of magic/spell element to it, also why did they keep the scoring element after every battle? feels kinda out of place for a scrolling platformer

Rizzice

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I recently got this game, and I tried running it with Backuplauncher v3 Gamma 002 fix and all goes well until it loads into the game.

After the screen that instructs on how to wear the wiimote and such, the screen just turns black and the game doesn't load and it stays this way.
Anyone have any idea what's going on? I remember I fixed this problem on another game a while back, but I forgot what the problem was.

GDJ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got it working on Wii Backup launcher v3 Gamma with Wii Pal Firewire 3.2
when I first used RegionFrii to change it to Pal and then Wii Brickblocker and at last I used the IOS patcher and set it to 30
and burned it in a Traxdata DVD-R on 4x speed.

Hope this helps.

tori93

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Rizzice said:
Hey guys, I recently got this game, and I tried running it with Backuplauncher v3 Gamma 002 fix and all goes well until it loads into the game.

After the screen that instructs on how to wear the wiimote and such, the screen just turns black and the game doesn't load and it stays this way.
Anyone have any idea what's going on? I remember I fixed this problem on another game a while back, but I forgot what the problem was.
same as you, i got a black screen with, the game disc could not read, please refer to the wii instruction manual. can anybody help me with this?

gundam126

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Right. Problem. This says I need a software update....Which is troubling. Why? I have Wii Homebrew channel installed onto my Wii, and I'm quite frightened of what will happen if I attempt to update. Can anyone confirm that this doesn't turn my Wii into a Paperweight? Yes, I'm a newb who's never thought about this quite yet.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Skelletonike @ Skelletonike: Welp, already have 40h in Stellar Blade and dying to home and put some more.