Wii #1514 - Muramasa: The Demon Blade (USA)

dsfanatic5

Team ICO Freak
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Covarr said:
dsfanatic5 said:
Thankfully, the voiceover is still Japanese
Normally, I'd punt you and point to Metal Gear Solid 4 as evidence that English-language VA isn't always worse.

However, this is a game without significant dialog, and it's about NINJAS, so leaving it in Japanese makes it that much more authentic and awesome.
I never said it was always worse
wacko.gif

In some games English is better, especially when the game is dialogue-driven, and the developer hires talented voice actors. Unfortunately, a lot of games suffer from hideous voice overs, and it can cheapen the experience. In the case of Muramasa, the game is very artistic and beautiful, so I'm glad they stuck with the original voices, because it feels/sounds natural in the game. I do see you agree with me, and your point is equally relevant. No need to punt me though
tongue.gif

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
This game is going to be amazing. But I don`t know if I should wait for the Pal-version...

Rock Raiyu said:
Too many games for the Wii I have to play...No More Heroes, Okami and now Muramasa. Looks like I'm going to be busy.
Must play!

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
The PAL Wii game comes out in november 2009. I'll wait for that one, and since it's only 670MB scrubbed, I'll download it for sure.
Never tried to play NTSC-U games on my PAL Wii, I'm not gonna start it for this game.

Yuuko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Satangel said:
The PAL Wii game comes out in november 2009. I'll wait for that one, and since it's only 670MB scrubbed, I'll download it for sure.
Never tried to play NTSC-U games on my PAL Wii, I'm not gonna start it for this game.

I am just afraid they will rip of the Japanese voices for the PAL version. I hope they don't !

Tetram

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Just a few informations and conjectures : the game is in English, but the safety screen is in your Wii language. For me, it's in French.
Hence I think the PAL version will only be in English...

It's not a problem for me, but most people may missed a very nice story, filled with Japanese culture. I love this game, and it would be a shame if it is not translated...

What's more, something horrible can happen to this game in the PAL version : no 60Hz mode.

If so, the NTSC version is definitevely the one to buy. Note that it works just fine on my Pal 4.1 E wii, with Configurable USB loader or USB loader GX.

There is no reason to wait if you can read english. (I'm just saying this because of Satangel or Yuuko)

Vater Unser

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Yuuko said:
Satangel said:

I am just afraid they will rip of the Japanese voices for the PAL version. I hope they don't !
They already confirmed a long time ago that they won't...And even if they created an english dub for the game, I doubt they'd just replace the japanese one by the english one and instead would let the player choose between the two, just like in Odin Sphere.

Vater Unser

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
From what I've played of the japanese release, the boy and girl seem to have quite different stories and all the levels were different, however, it's really likely that just the order in which the levels are visited is different with the two characters...Anyway, reason enough for me to play the game with both characters
nyanya.gif

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
slicknixon said:
best 2D game of this gen by far.

WarioLand: Shake It/The Shake Dimension.

I'm downloading now (since freaking Internet Explorer froze and when I closed it, it closed 4/5 of my Boom Blox downloads, all at 99%). Sure hope it isn't a waste of a DVD though; seems kinda short to me.

EDIT: Oh yeah, does this work with cIOS rev14 and NeoGamma? I'm assuming it would.

kboxer

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The scrubbed version is out on a private torrent site. I am not sure if I am allowed to say the name here though but it begins with D.

kosheh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
I'm downloading now (since freaking Internet Explorer froze and when I closed it, it closed 4/5 of my Boom Blox downloads, all at 99%). Sure hope it isn't a waste of a DVD though; seems kinda short to me.
ha

ha ha

hahahahaha

From what I understand there's

1) Kisuke's story
2) The girl's story

3) Muso mode and the other mode [2]

and 4) The Insane mode where you only have 1HP even after leveling up [2]

so it's like 2x3 play experiences; it's like six different modes to clear if you want to beat the game 100%. And due to its unique methods of leveling up, 2 different story modes etc. each one will probably feel unique.

so yeah the game packs enough playtime into 700MB

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kosheh said:
Guild McCommunist said:
ha

ha ha

hahahahaha

From what I understand there's

1) Kisuke's story
2) The girl's story

3) Muso mode and the other mode [2]

and 4) The Insane mode where you only have 1HP even after leveling up [2]

so it's like 2x3 play experiences; it's like six different modes to clear if you want to beat the game 100%. And due to its unique methods of leveling up, 2 different story modes etc. each one will probably feel unique.

so yeah the game packs enough playtime into 700MB

...You're laughing with me, not at me
frown.gif

Anyway, from Wikipedia:

QUOTE("Wikipedia (which kicks ass")
Muramasa follows the story of Kisuke, a fugitive who has lost his memory, including that of a crime that he committed and Momohime, a lithe female ronin possessed by a dark spirit. Gameplay allows players to use the Wii Remote, the Classic controller and the Gamecube controller. The game allows players to use two different characters and features two difficulty levels.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I couldn't figured out the controls on the JAP version and I though this was a lame game, but I'll get it and see if the menu in english helps to keep this game in the HDD...!!
biggrin.gif

Tetram

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Bladexdsl said:
so this game isn't in English after all?

Of course it is in english ! The voiceover are in Japanese, but there are subtitles, and everything else is in English.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    cearp @ cearp: still, you're forgiven +2